It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sale’s theme: publisher sale that includes games from EA
Titles worth checking: Clive Barker's Undying, The Legend of Kyrandia (Book One), Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™ Planetary Pack
End date: 17th January 2022, 2 PM UTC

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
low rated
rjbuffchix: While the partnership of a DRM-free store with a DRMed store, where the DRM-free store sells the DRMed store's DRMed games and apparently also provides service/refunds for them is unacceptable, we don't even need to look that far.

For me, the idea of GOG promoting their own proprietary DRM client (as it locks modes/content behind it, including in Cyberpunk) is bad enough :)
tfishell: I figured the idea wouldn't fly with some people here, especially you, but I'm a little more flexible. [...]

(just fyi, I don't want to argue over this, we'll probably have to agree to disagree. :) Of course you can respond if you want to send a message against this to GOG / the forum staff who might be browsing here, I just might not read it.)
I am replying not to argue, but simply to say it looks like my reputation precedes me :D
idbeholdME: I have Dead Space 2 in a box. It does have non-functional DRM on it (release date check), but you can download a fixed .exe (a crack essentially), from the official EA forums. Then just put in the serial code that came in the box and you can get in the game without issues. And the in-game account is only necessary for multiplayer anyway and you can skip it. Single player works perfectly fine. So should not be too difficult to make a DRM-free version.
russellskanne: Do you mean these? It still wants to connect online for activation with my boxed version.
Yes. Just replaced the .exe from the install with the worldwide one. That got past the release date check and just wanted me to put in the key from the box. After doing that, the game launched. In game, a prompt pops up to login, but you can just decline that and play single player without issues.

Not sure if the german .exe works differently. Can't really test that.
tfishell: I figured the idea wouldn't fly with some people here, especially you, but I'm a little more flexible. [...]

(just fyi, I don't want to argue over this, we'll probably have to agree to disagree. :) Of course you can respond if you want to send a message against this to GOG / the forum staff who might be browsing here, I just might not read it.)
rjbuffchix: I am replying not to argue, but simply to say it looks like my reputation precedes me :D
Heh, well many of us who post a lot here develop reputations because we can become repetitive, but I think we're repetitive because we're focused on trying to "steer" and shape GOG in the direction we think is most important. ;)

-----------------

Also I just noticed own quite a few of these games, but almost half I got for free.

Suggestions: Clive Barker's Undying, Crysis, Dead Space, Medal of Honor AA, Theme Hospital.
There won't be no new EA and Ubisoft games released on GOG while Origin and Uplay exist. Sad but true.
MaxFulvus: There won't be no new EA and Ubisoft games released on GOG while Origin and Uplay exist. Sad but true.
Well, UPlay doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced by Ubisoft Connect. ))) And all games up to Odyssey/Far Cry 5 has been disconnected from launcher. Yes, achievements counts, but all challenges were removed and all Ubisoft Club awards was made available for everyone for free. So, why Ubisoft still doesn;t want to release its game here is a move I still do not understand.

Same for EA: a lot of games disconnected from Origins and yes - still not on GOG. Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2, original Mass Effect...

So, they can release games here. Origin and Ubisoft Connect doesn't block that.
Andrey82: Well, UPlay doesn't exist anymore, it was replaced by Ubisoft Connect. ))) And all games up to Odyssey/Far Cry 5 has been disconnected from launcher. Yes, achievements counts, but all challenges were removed and all Ubisoft Club awards was made available for everyone for free. So, why Ubisoft still doesn;t want to release its game here is a move I still do not understand.

Same for EA: a lot of games disconnected from Origins and yes - still not on GOG. Dragon Age 2, Dead Space 2, original Mass Effect...

So, they can release games here. Origin and Ubisoft Connect doesn't block that.
It's not because older games are disconnected from the launcher they can't be linked to it. I still need to launch Ubi "whateveritsname" Connect to launch FC3 Blood Dragon. So, making money from a property client is always better than from a contender client.
The only place that's worth buying EA games! And Ubisoft or Activision.
The only things here that I don't already own either through GOG, disc or elsewhere that I'd get are the first Dungeon Keeper and maybe Jade Empire.

I really wish that EA would re-release The Sims Complete here, but they're probably too busy milking The Sims 4 to death with random DLC to even consider allowing that one.
Maybe be we can have Dead Space 2 classic after the remaster is released. But I know it's gonna be overpriced anyway.
seppelfred: No "new" games from EA? What about Dead Space 2 or American McGee's Alice?
A McGee'sA classic is not on sale anywhere so it's unlikely to ever appear here. At the moment even the HD remaster seems to be unobtainable in any legal manner, at least for PC.