It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sale’s theme: publisher sale that includes games from EA
Titles worth checking: Clive Barker's Undying, The Legend of Kyrandia (Book One), Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™ Planetary Pack
End date: 17th January 2022, 2 PM UTC

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
More Dragon Age please EA:)
MEDAL OF HONOR: AIRBORNE, please!
GOG.com: Sale’s theme: publisher sale that includes games from EA
Titles worth checking: Clive Barker's Undying, The Legend of Kyrandia (Book One), Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™ Planetary Pack
End date: 17th January 2022, 2 PM UTC

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Good games of course. (jk)But like all "AAA" publishers EA desperately wishes GOG were dead so they could sell all their in one place on Steam ... and Origin.(/jk)

People need new games to buy, etc. etc. If EA had a condition that GOG had to put Origin and EA Play links on the game pages to bring new releases here, I wouldn't mind as long as the new EA single-player content GOG would be selling in the catalog would be legitimately DRM-free. But I know some people hate the idea of GOG promoting a DRM'd store like their deal with EGS on Galaxy.

AB2012: As I mentioned the other day, the "newest" EA games here are Dragon Age Origins, Mirrors Edge and The Saboteur (all 2009 games). Then EA created Origin in 2011. And absolutely nothing since. It's not even about DRM or waiting for games to become "old enough" to be here anymore, it's all down to "The moment we create our own store, that's it, we're done..."
Aren't there older EA games on Steam that don't require Origin but still aren't here? Or is that what you meant by "It's not even about DRM"?

I think the lack of GOG releases is because GOG doesn't fit into EA's strategy of funneling people to Origin (like they can through Steam by requiring the Origin client) or selling EA Play passes.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by tfishell
high rated
I created a thread on the EA forums about the lack of games:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Will-EA-ever-release-more-games-on-GOG-com/m-p/11191328#M379963

I know chances are slim but the more noise people generate the better someone may check to see what the yelling is about.
CASBiGIS: MEDAL OF HONOR: AIRBORNE, please!
^this . Would love to see this here, along The Sims 1-2-3 and the pre Origin Battlefield titles (1942 to 2142) :). Cheers
Post edited January 14, 2022 by deja65
wolfsite: I created a thread on the EA forums about the lack of games:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/EA-General-Questions/Will-EA-ever-release-more-games-on-GOG-com/m-p/11191328#M379963

I know chances are slim but the more noise people generate the better someone may check to see what the yelling is about.
Nice work, I'll try to remember to post later in that, though we've done that several times in the past 5 years already and obviously "no dice".
Post edited January 14, 2022 by tfishell

tfishell: Nice work, I'll try to remember to post later in that, but we've done that several times in the past 5 years already.
True, it wouldn't surprise me if a mod just came in and gave a stock reply, I have a feeling they focus more on social media these days as well but I don't use social media so I can't ask there.
AB2012: As I mentioned the other day, the "newest" EA games here are Dragon Age Origins, Mirrors Edge and The Saboteur (all 2009 games). Then EA created Origin in 2011. And absolutely nothing since. It's not even about DRM or waiting for games to become "old enough" to be here anymore, it's all down to "The moment we create our own store, that's it, we're done..."
Well, Origin came out mid-2011. The 2 main games that came out before that were Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2.

I have Dead Space 2 in a box. It does have non-functional DRM on it (release date check), but you can download a fixed .exe (a crack essentially), from the official EA forums. Then just put in the serial code that came in the box and you can get in the game without issues. And the in-game account is only necessary for multiplayer anyway and you can skip it. Single player works perfectly fine. So should not be too difficult to make a DRM-free version.

As for Dragon Age 2 it is already irreversibly infested with online checks. It also has a release date check like Dead Space 2 but it can be circumvented. However, it also requires you to create an EA account and will not let you start the game without creating it. The reason why I have my torrented version always on hand.

But before that, all the games EA released in boxes didn't require anything. That includes Command & Conquer games, the Battle for Middle Earth games or even Medal of Honor: Airborne. The box series was called "EA Classics". The online activation BS started creeping in only towards the end of it (2010-2011) and EA stopped it completely after the Origin release. Shame.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by idbeholdME
tfishell: Aren't there older EA games on Steam that don't require Origin but still aren't here? Or is that what you meant by "It's not even about DRM"?

I think the lack of GOG releases is because GOG doesn't fit into EA's strategy of funneling people to Origin (like they can through Steam by requiring the Origin client) or selling EA Play passes.
There are, though IIRC EA even removed a few games from Steam for a period which revealed their underlying intentions. What I meant was they now just ignore GOG ever since they built Origin probably for the reason you said (they view even Steam as a funnel to their own store but can't do that for GOG games). uPlay are the same. We had Far Cry (2004) here back in 2008 and Far Cry 2 wasn't far behind. Now it's 10 years and counting for Far Cry 3 (2012). What event came between FC2 & 3? The launch of uPlay... I miss the old days when we had more medium sized publishers (eg, Eidos Interactive) who made great games and weren't afraid to take risks before they got snapped up by the mega-publishers doing their hardest to use them as bricks in their own walled gardens...
Post edited January 14, 2022 by AB2012
It would be great to finish some of the series on here like the Medal of Honor series, Dead Space, Dragon Age, Crysis...

Its not only about origin or Uplay, although Im sure that is part of it. A lot of these released on here well after their platforms like Crysis, and many others were around long before their platforms like the Medal of Honor series. There have been many releases long after origin came out so I dont think thats as much of a factor as youre all giving it
Post edited January 14, 2022 by Gylfe

tfishell: Nice work, I'll try to remember to post later in that, though we've done that several times in the past 5 years already and obviously "no dice".
I got a reply from a community manager but it was rather generic, again if more people made noise it could show that there is serious interest rather than just one or two people they probably think.
low rated
tfishell: People need new games to buy, etc. etc. If EA had a condition that GOG had to put Origin and EA Play links on the game pages to bring new releases here, I wouldn't mind as long as the new EA single-player content GOG would be selling in the catalog would be legitimately DRM-free. But I know some people hate the idea of GOG promoting a DRM'd store like their deal with EGS on Galaxy.
While the partnership of a DRM-free store with a DRMed store, where the DRM-free store sells the DRMed store's DRMed games and apparently also provides service/refunds for them is unacceptable, we don't even need to look that far.

For me, the idea of GOG promoting their own proprietary DRM client (as it locks modes/content behind it, including in Cyberpunk) is bad enough :)

Thanks for doing this, I hope it makes some sort of difference. These companies don't understand that if they just would sell their games DRM-free here, holdouts like me would buy them right away. Otherwise I'll keep waiting; if I waited a decade I can keep waiting longer.
Post edited January 14, 2022 by rjbuffchix
Thanks for the sale. Sadly, apart for one or two titles, all titles I wanted are already in my library.

Hope you add more EA titles soon (especially the Crysis, Dragon Age and Mass Effect franchises)
idbeholdME: I have Dead Space 2 in a box. It does have non-functional DRM on it (release date check), but you can download a fixed .exe (a crack essentially), from the official EA forums. Then just put in the serial code that came in the box and you can get in the game without issues. And the in-game account is only necessary for multiplayer anyway and you can skip it. Single player works perfectly fine. So should not be too difficult to make a DRM-free version.
Do you mean these? It still wants to connect online for activation with my boxed version.
Post edited January 15, 2022 by russellskanne
tfishell: People need new games to buy, etc. etc. If EA had a condition that GOG had to put Origin and EA Play links on the game pages to bring new releases here, I wouldn't mind as long as the new EA single-player content GOG would be selling in the catalog would be legitimately DRM-free. But I know some people hate the idea of GOG promoting a DRM'd store like their deal with EGS on Galaxy.
rjbuffchix: While the partnership of a DRM-free store with a DRMed store, where the DRM-free store sells the DRMed store's DRMed games and apparently also provides service/refunds for them is unacceptable, we don't even need to look that far.

For me, the idea of GOG promoting their own proprietary DRM client (as it locks modes/content behind it, including in Cyberpunk) is bad enough :)
I figured the idea wouldn't fly with some people here, especially you, but I'm a little more flexible. I wouldn't mind a banner on the game's page that just links to https://www.ea.com/ea-play or a url to whatever EA is trying to promote, as long as the game GOG is selling (at least the single-player content of the game) is DRM-free.

(just fyi, I don't want to argue over this, we'll probably have to agree to disagree. :) Of course you can respond if you want to send a message against this to GOG / the forum staff who might be browsing here, I just might not read it.)