It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If there's one classic game that earned the title of "genre-defining masterpiece" then it's our beloved System Shock 2.

In true GOG fashion, we are celebrating the 20th anniversary of this fan-favorite with -85% discount. If you already finished it at least seven times, then we have prepared more discounts on a bunch of games that were inspired by System Shock.

The Thief series (-75%) removes the horror aspect but emphasizes stealth and sneaking. And both Deus Ex games (-75%) enrich the experience with a cyberpunk setting and even more freedom of choice. Finally, the BioShock series (up to -75%) focuses more on the shooter elements and often is called the spiritual successor to the System Shock games.

And if all that System Shock like gameplay is not what you want for your weekend, we have a variety of other games prepared: Classic RPG Ultima Underworld 1+2 (-75%), your favorite assassin from the <span class="bold">Hitman</span> series (-75%), a creepy dystopia in We Happy Few (-50%) and many more.

The Weekend Sale ends August 12th, 1pm UTC.
Why do set up a separate deal page for the Hitman games while they are already on the weekend deals list ?
What do you guys think of Deus Ex Invisible War?
Apparently incomparable to the first one, but decent by itself.

Is it fun? Why is worse than the first one?

Just tryin to gauge whether I should snag it.

Sweet sale GOG.
high rated
Happy 20th anniversary! I purchased System Shock 2 on release day, August 11 1999, as a 13 year old kid. As it turned out, the game was too much for me and I never finished it until over a decade later. Still,... great memories!
Post edited August 09, 2019 by rainydaygaming
high rated
GOG.com: Deus Ex games...
It would be nice if Square Enix would release more games here - I'd be particularly interested in DRM-free versions of the remaining Deus Ex games. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (the original/"classic" release with separate Missing Link DLC, as it's superior to the director's cut) and Mankind Divided (as long as the Linux version was included) would be instant purchases for me.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by adamhm
I prefer SS1 over 2, it's a shame to see SS2 take all the credit in the series all the time !
Post edited August 09, 2019 by ChrisGamer300
i_hope_you_rot: Why do set up a separate deal page for the Hitman games while they are already on the weekend deals list ?
Marketing is Magic. ^:)
pkk234: What do you guys think of Deus Ex Invisible War?
Apparently incomparable to the first one, but decent by itself.
Deus Ex IW is very bad from plot perspective and technically it's even worse that the first one due to XBOX RAM limitation: the levels are extremely short and divided into several sections. It is always nice to play a console port on PC, thanks to smart decision of developer / publisher.
pkk234: Is it fun? Why is worse than the first one?
The game can be fun occasionally, a few side quests may even put a smile on your face. For me that game was slightly better than Deus Ex: Human Revolution (boring, long, stupid) and Deus Ex: The Fall (boring, short, ugly, unfinished).
It is worse than Deus Ex 1 because they f@cked up all good from its predecessor. RPG / upgrade module system is not fun. Introduction completely destroys the feel of Deus Ex universe (the bomb), the plot is a weaker parody from the first game (different factions, one shadow government, same ultimate goals). Some character models might look uglier than in the first game. I recommend to turn off "visual" filters in options to get a clear crispy picture, by default it's almost unbearable. The Greys can communicate and their background is not that fascinating. One interesting character if you are lucky, could be none.

My personal games rating from best to worst:
Deus Ex > Deus Ex: Mankind Divided > Deus Ex: Invisible War > Deus Ex: Human Revolution > Deus Ex: The Fall > Deus Ex Go.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by Cadaver747
high rated
Titles Discounted to a New All-Time GoG Low:
We Happy Few Deluxe Edition [Deluxe] (50% off vs. 50% off - $0.01 as Base Game + Season Pass)
We Happy Few Season Pass [DLC] (50% off vs. 25% off)

Titles Discounted to a New 2019 Low - Matching GoG Best:
System Shock: Enhanced Edition (85% off vs. 80% off) - Last Low: 27-Aug-2018

Titles Discounted to a New 2019 Low - Previously FREE:
System Shock™ 2 (85% off vs. 80% off) - Last Low: 27-Aug-2018 - Last FREE 9-Jun-2016

GoG Sales 2019 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
GOG.com: Deus Ex games...
adamhm: It would be nice if Square Enix would release more games here - I'd be particularly interested in DRM-free versions of the remaining Deus Ex games. Deus Ex: Human Revolution (the original/"classic" release with separate Missing Link DLC, as it's superior to the director's cut) and Mankind Divided (as long as the Linux version was included) would be instant purchases for me.
If only... Waiting for that Human Revolution goodness as well. Still one of my favorite games. It's one of those games you keep booting up like Skyrim, even though you've seen it all so many times. Square make it happen please. If so, GOG please fix the UI-scaling bug on higher than 1080p resolutions.

I've played both versions many times, but I lean towards the DC more. It definitely has its (graphical) shortcomings in comparison, but the changed bossfights and DLC integration are things that I personally enjoy more going through a full run. Both versions would be nice if it ever happens. (2k did the same with Bioshock, so Square could so something similar)
Post edited August 09, 2019 by Evixios
Wow, that's one of the best weekend deals I've seen in a long time. All these games (aside from We Happy Few) are awesome and great games - I highly recommend Thief series and Deus Ex and System Shock series.
pkk234: What do you guys think of Deus Ex Invisible War?
I would've liked to have been able to finish it, had it not crashed and completely crapped all over my save by the time I got to the abandoned VersaLife base.

I had fun with it up until that happened. I also made a conscious decision not to play it with the intent on going to the "this pales in comparison to..." or "gee, why did they do this just to appeal to the console crowd" mentalities that seem to be pretty prevalent when people actively take a whiz on the game. Sure, its predecessor is better and its successors might do things it does better but there's still a game there that's worth playing at least once (though I wish I could've finished it, but I got so upset that it wiped my save that I just didn't want to re-invest the time to get back to that point and sadly scooping up a save from the bowels of the internet just wouldn't compare given how I tailored my playthrough of the game).
Evixios: I've played both versions many times, but I lean towards the DC more. It definitely has its shortcomings in comparison, but the changed bossfights and DLC integration are things that I personally enjoy more going through a full run.
For me the improvements in the Director's Cut don't outweigh all of the negatives, as the DC both looks and performs worse than the original/classic version (and requires considerably more disk space). Square Enix did promise a second patch for the DC to fix the remaining issues but that never happened :/

It would be ideal to have both versions available though.
pkk234: What do you guys think of Deus Ex Invisible War? Apparently incomparable to the first one, but decent by itself. Is it fun? Why is worse than the first one?
As Cadaver747 said, Deus Ex: IW was severely dumbed down vs the original PC-exclusive DX game as they wanted a cross-platform release but everything was designed for the lowest common denominator (which for that era was the XBox's 64MB memory limit). The UI was also a cluttered mess vs the original (designed more to the centre of the screen rather than out of the way of the action at the edges) and personally I found it irritating rather than clever. Thief Deadly Shadows suffered the same 64MB XBox design limit, the huge sprawling levels of Thief 1-2's Dark Engine were gone and replaced by tiny little "sub-levels" using blue glowing fog and "hubs" to hide the edges. For some reason though I still mostly enjoyed Thief: DS in a way I never have DX:IW.

I don't know if it'll work without patching, but you could always try the demo:-
https://www.fileplanet.com/archive/p-30209/Deus-Ex-INVISIBLE-WAR-Demo
Post edited August 09, 2019 by AB2012
I had no idea: happy birthday, System Shock 2 :)