It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

50-75% off Shantae: Risky's Revenge, Recettear, Jade Empire, Dungeon Keeper, Unreal Tournament and more…

Have you met the GOG.com #StreamTeam yet? They're a fantastic bunch of gamers, game lovers, entertainers. They're also on Twitch.tv/GOGcom every single day to bring you great gaming content with love. We asked them to pick out some of their favorite titles from the GOG.com catalog to include in this week's <span class="bold">Weekend Promo: #StreamTeam Selection</span> - all from 50-75% off.

And here's what they have to say about their favorite picks:
MegapiemanPHD
A freelance voice actor and YouTuber of other stuff, features Skulls of the Shogun - Humorous with nice artwork and a good amount of depth for it's simplicity, as well as Raiden 3 - the classic Shmup that offers fast paced in your face action at a reasonably high skill level.

ScreamingJoypad
A games critic, fanatic, freelancer, blogger, and way more. He's "just a dude who loves games". He also loves streaming Surgeon Simulator. A lot: "Oh my days! How much fun is Surgeon Simulator?! In a world where simulators always fell short of feeling realistic - Bossa studios took it upon themselves to create a hyper-realistic simulator that puts you in the shoes of an untrained janitor who fancies himself a surgeon. Personally, Surgeon Simulator is a lovely change, it's stupid, the actions you take lead to usually hilarious outcomes and under all of this there is an actual challenge there that needs completing. Buy the game, like the game, tell your friends, tweet me your best screenshots @ScreamingJoypad and most of all - Stay Awesome!"

Flaose
Teacher by day, dreamer by night, streamer somewhere in between. One of the favorites is Wacky Wheels: "Sick of your kart racing games being console exclusives that feature overweight plumbers and anthropomorphic testudines? Start your engines for this DOS classic that stars a cast of escaped zoo animals and (extremely) live ammunition! Wacky Wheels is a classic kart racing game that features a plethora of racing tracks, two-player racing (featuring both split-screen, and modem/serial cable multiplayer), a shooting gallery, and a deathmatch mode. While racing you’ll be able to pick up a variety of weapons to slow down the other challengers, including a pair of demonic balls, and poor pack of porcupines that you blast out your front end! While Wacky Wheels won’t challenge most experienced gamers, it’s perfectly suited for all ages and as the first full-priced game that I ever purchased as a kid is easy to recommend to you wonderful members of the GOGcom family!"

MatCat
The dynamic streaming duo, colliding in the most awesomely awkward of gaming relationships - one of their favorites is Unreal Tournament 2004 "Often touted as the best of the Unreal Tournament series (although some may argue UT99 wins this due to its originality), Unreal Tournament 2004 is classic Arena FPS in every sense of the word. Weather you love it for its fast-paced nature, its unique and fun match types (like Onslaught) or the sheer detail the developers put into every aspect of the experience, UT2004 still continues to make a mark on gamers today. Personally, my relationship with Unreal Tournament started with 99, but 2004 made me decide to it was time to exchange vows with the franchise... a vow to Monster Kill!!"

Memories in 8bit
A filmmaker, photographer, writer, and of course, streamer features Dungeon Keeper 2: "Have you ever dreamed of conquering a whole kingdom? Do you want to spread terror and darkness over the land? Then Dungeon Keeper 2 is the game for you. By uniting elements of a building sim and strategy game it was far ahead of its time and yet it is accessible even to newcomers to the genres as well!"

VideoGameCarnage
A YouTuber, and lovably radical streamist, happens to also be a big fan of 'Gray Matter: "Jane Jensen is on fine form in this often overlooked point and click adventure game for both newcomers and seasoned veterans alike. An evocative story, gorgeous artwork, and a haunting soundtrack contribute to an overall amazing experience. It also contains the only Street Magician known to humankind that I don't want to repeatedly punch in the face."

Piran Jade enjoys many things. Those include 90's cRPG, jRPGs, Hoppity Hops and Creatures Exodus. Like, a whole lot. "Creatures Exodus is THE sandbox-virtual life sim for me. You set the goals yourself, you modify the world with all the great user-created content out there, and do whatever you want. Want to breed colourful Norns? Do it. Longliving? Fighters? Illness-resistant? Go for it. Or just let the game run overnight and have a look the next day at what happened. By the way: Creating a proper biome can be just as exciting as breeding Norns. You can also breed Grendels, or Ettins, or rainbow sharks..."

TheWeekendSlice
For him, Gemini Rue is a winner. "A mysterious tale that will have you take charge of two separate characters: Azriel Odin, an ex-assassin on a dangerous mission on the planet Barracus, and a man called Delta-Six who wakes up in a hospital with no memory. Best played on a rainy Sunday with a nice, hot cup of tea in hand, this is a sci-fi point & click must-have; a pitch perfect blend of Blade Runner, Noir and Orwell’s 1984 with amazing retro style graphics, phenomenal sound design and voice acting."

Outstar
She's a game dev, concept artist, animator - and even pitched in on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. Unsure sure if she's a vampire or zombie, Outstar recommends Theme Hospital: "This is probably the worst game to educate your children about healthcare. As a 6 year old, I was sure hydrocephalus can be treated with a head-popping machine. Thanks, Theme Hospital! Arguably the best "Theme" game ever made, making shooting rats and kicking patients out of hospital viable ways to get awards for Best Hospital In Town. Must-have."

<span class="bold">Weekend Promo: #StreamTeam Selection</span> is an awesome collection of titles, by a team of even awesomer streamers including Classicor, PantslessAaron, E___A, Donis, Reitanna, RerezTV, ArvanEleron and Unraveller. Pick and choose your favorite games at 50-75% off until Tuesday, October 20, 3:59 AM GMT, join us on Twitch.tv/GOGcom, and check out the hilarious first episode of the StreamTeam highlight reel:

<div class="embedded_video">
<iframe class="embedded_video__file" width="775" height="436" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/AhjqpEKxXWY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>
Post edited October 16, 2015 by Konrad
Two quick answers:

About Theme Hospital as my pick - I had no idea about Origin's offer, though I am still standing with my belief that it's better to pay a buck and have this game DRM-free than play it "for free" with Origin overlay and its CPU/RAM-heavy client. I am an Origin's user, but only when I have to - while playing Titanfall, Battlefield, Battlefront. If I have any chance to buy the game somewhere else, I use it - and I think GOG customers in general think the same ;)

Apart from that, you also get The Longest Journey and Dreamfall from my picks, so I guess we're fair! :)

About streaming as something weird and watching streams as an useless activity... oh boy. People who built models of trains hear the same. People with hobby of origami, stamp-collecting or birdwatching hear the same. To each their own - but the thing that keeps me in my passion (streaming even up to 20 hours per week!) is the audience's reaction and tons of people saying that I brighten their days and make their mood way better, like a TV comedy. After all, you can't talk to and except answers from people on TV screen.

Before saying stuff like "it's useless" again, think that this is a job for some of us - and a few-hours-per-day activity for others - and it requires much more work, investment and time than just sitting there and playing a game. :)
outstarwalker: Two quick answers:

About Theme Hospital as my pick - I had no idea about Origin's offer, though I am still standing with my belief that it's better to pay a buck and have this game DRM-free than play it "for free" with Origin overlay and its CPU/RAM-heavy client. I am an Origin's user, but only when I have to - while playing Titanfall, Battlefield, Battlefront. If I have any chance to buy the game somewhere else, I use it - and I think GOG customers in general think the same ;)

Apart from that, you also get The Longest Journey and Dreamfall from my picks, so I guess we're fair! :)

About streaming as something weird and watching streams as an useless activity... oh boy. People who built models of trains hear the same. People with hobby of origami, stamp-collecting or birdwatching hear the same. To each their own - but the thing that keeps me in my passion (streaming even up to 20 hours per week!) is the audience's reaction and tons of people saying that I brighten their days and make their mood way better, like a TV comedy. After all, you can't talk to and except answers from people on TV screen.

Before saying stuff like "it's useless" again, think that this is a job for some of us - and a few-hours-per-day activity for others - and it requires much more work, investment and time than just sitting there and playing a game. :)
I think what Outstar is trying to say is, 'If you ever smack talk Streamers again, I will tear out your throat, reach down into what remains of your Oesophagus, rip out your stomach, then gently pour stomach acid all over your face until your gargled screams are replaced with the gentle fizz of acidic, melting flesh.'

That's just my interpretation, though. I can't be 100%
VideoGameCarnage: I think what Outstar is trying to say is, 'If you ever smack talk Streamers again, I will tear out your throat, reach down into what remains of your Oesophagus, rip out your stomach, then gently pour stomach acid all over your face until your gargled screams are replaced with the gentle fizz of acidic, melting flesh.'

That's just my interpretation, though. I can't be 100%
It's one of the interpretations, yes. You'd pass the test with that.
Bought both Metro's.
I hope Linux versions will be released here too eventually.

Very nice promo! Thanks!
This might be one of the best sales in recent memory (from my perspective). So many things I wish I could get! :)

How is everyone else's wishlist fairing?
Unfortunately the web page "x hours left" display lied severly to me so I did not get anything.

outstarwalker: Two quick answers:

Yes - to the not using DRMed sources part. I have little interest in this kind of "free".

outstarwalker: About streaming as something weird and watching streams as an useless activity... oh boy. People who built models of trains hear the same. People with hobby of origami, stamp-collecting or birdwatching hear the same.
People who play computer games hear that too. And people who post in game forums maybe as well.
HunchBluntley: It could be that at some point in the future, the use of "sport" to apply to any random avocation, regardless of requirement of any minimum level of physicality or skill, could be entirely unobjectionable; that day isn't here quite yet, though.
(NOTE: not necessarily replying to you directly but to the others that have said this is a weird and useless activity)

But that aspect alone is meaningless. It doesn't matter what "sport" means exactly in terms of watching streams, it's not like the only things that are worth watching (online or on TV) are those that can be categorized as "sports". There's plenty of different content that is worth watching. So no matter if competitive game streams can be considered "sports" or not, your interest in watching them depends on other things. And if anyone thinks that competitive videogames doesn't take sacrifices of the physical nature, better read this:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32996009

I find the experience of watching competitive videogame streaming very close as if I'm watching sports (even if videogames aren't sports by today's definition) because it's about watching someone do something that you also try to do but they are much better at it and seeing their abilities on display is entertaining.

But #GOGCOM streams aren't competitive videogame streams, so I find them closer to watching stand-up comedy or live artist performance. It's less about the skills of the player as a gamer and more about their commentary, being comedic, funny, sharp, smart, spiritual or simply weird. And just like for every TV show or TV star there are groups of people that love and hate it, so is with videogame streams. Now you may hate _anything_ that has to do with videogame streams, but then you are locking yourself out from what is likely to be one of the most popular media format in the future, it's like someone saying that they don't like to watch any TV. It's a perfectly valid choice, with obvious consequences.

One thing that is rather unique to videogame live shows is the live chat interaction. You don't get anything like that on TV, you can't interact with the performer real-time as you can on Twitch. This results in a much more personal experience and the viewers can have direct impact on the show.

PS: Is chess considered a sport in your language? It is in mine but it may be a semantical difference between language use.
Post edited October 23, 2015 by dizzy_plays
HunchBluntley: It could be that at some point in the future, the use of "sport" to apply to any random avocation, regardless of requirement of any minimum level of physicality or skill, could be entirely unobjectionable; that day isn't here quite yet, though.
dizzy_plays: (NOTE: not necessarily replying to you directly but to the others that have said this is a weird and useless activity)

But that aspect alone is meaningless. It doesn't matter what "sport" means exactly in terms of watching streams, it's not like the only things that are worth watching (online or on TV) are those that can be categorized as "sports". There's plenty of different content that is worth watching. So no matter if competitive game streams can be considered "sports" or not, your interest in watching them depends on other things. And if anyone thinks that competitive videogames doesn't take sacrifices of the physical nature, better read this:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32996009

I find the experience of watching competitive videogame streaming very close as if I'm watching sports (even if videogames aren't sports by today's definition) because it's about watching someone do something that you also try to do but they are much better at it and seeing their abilities on display is entertaining.

But #GOGCOM streams aren't competitive videogame streams, so I find them closer to watching stand-up comedy or live artist performance. It's less about the skills of the player as a gamer and more about their commentary, being comedic, funny, sharp, smart, spiritual or simply weird. And just like for every TV show or TV star there are groups of people that love and hate it, so is with videogame streams. Now you may hate _anything_ that has to do with videogame streams, but then you are locking yourself out from what is likely to be one of the most popular media format in the future, it's like someone saying that they don't like to watch any TV. It's a perfectly valid choice, with obvious consequences.

One thing that is rather unique to videogame live shows is the live chat interaction. You don't get anything like that on TV, you can't interact with the performer real-time as you can on Twitch. This results in a much more personal experience and the viewers can have direct impact on the show.

PS: Is chess considered a sport in your language? It is in mine but it may be a semantical difference between language use.
You may not have been speaking only to me, but as you did nonetheless literally reply to me, and as I think you (and maybe outstarwalker as well) may have misunderstood my posts, I will clarify: I was not commenting on how worthwhile is the act of watching videogame let's plays and livestreams (I watch some of these myself -- multiple times a week, usually), but on the increasingly broad use of the word "sport". I already explained my position on that earlier, so I won't belabor the point here, except to respond that yes, some people classify chess as a sport in the English-speaking world. Then again, some people classify cup stacking and competitive eating as sports. While these sorts of things can take mental acuity, manual dexterity, or intestinal fortitude, none of them are athletic endeavors, which -- as far as I'm concerned -- means they're not sports. Other people obviously disagree, but this broadening of the meaning of particular words until they're nearly useless is a pet peeve of mine (as is the term "pet peeve" =] ). I hasten to point out again that no activity is any less worthwhile simply for not being considered a sport (competitive eating is not worthwhile for a bunch of other reasons >:) ), and being a spectator of those activities is every bit as valid as being a spectator of any other activity that you can spectate.

I think the problem here is that we have no other term (in English, anyway, as far as I know) more specific than "activity" or "pastime" for these sorts of, um, activities. The natural inclination seems to be to call something that you enjoy watching other people do a "spectator sport", even if it's clearly not a sport. If we had such a term, then I think people would stop latching onto "sport" like it was some badge of legitimacy; then again, the new word would have to become well-know in the first place for this to happen, and this might be a problem.

At any rate, most of this discussion of "what is a sport" had to do with e-sports, which, as you said, GOG's Twitch channel isn't about, so this discussion is somewhat moot. =)