It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Up to 70% off Worms, Capitalism, Guilty Gear, Nosferatu, Warlords Battlecry 3 and more!

It's the start of a weekend full of big things to celebrate! It only makes sense that a variety of games and catalogs come together to make up this particularly inclusive promo. Big or short, new or classic, fast or turn-based, and any blend that you love - with up to 70% off 25+ titles, you don't gotta keep 'em separated. Hey, Come out and Play

There's no better place to start than the Worms series with a trio of classics! Experience the one that started it all, the one that modernized it all, and then the one that changed it all (for better or worse, your call). Coincidentally, owning all three Worms games gets you a 20% discount on the just-announced Worms World Party Remastered preorder - if you're a fan, the deal is as good as they get. There's also the Capitalism series - in which you'll learn about the value of money, and the Guilty Gear series - in which you'll learn about the value of a good fist to the face. But don't go away, there's more including the strategy gem Warlords Battlecry 3, the remastered retro platformer Superfrog HD, and many others!

This week we're also featuring an Independence Day Special with <span class="bold">Supreme League of Patriots</span> discounted at 40% off for the entire week! In this hyper-patriotic, politically incorrect adventure you'll stamp out the evils of the world (like hippies and immigrants) while celebrating all that is truly 'Murica.

With 25+ games on sale up to 70% off, this weekend there's much to celebrate worldwide, it's the perfect day to <span class="bold">Come out and Play! The promo will last for the next five days, until Tuesday, July 7, 3:59 AM GMT.
Post edited July 03, 2015 by Konrad
IronArcturus: But does it work with the default axis? That's usually the left joystick. I know a lot of older games don't like the trigger axes for some reason.
The left joystick and right should work fine, it's just the axes that aren't functional.

One other thing I forgot to mention: You cannot remap the start button on the gamepad. I'm not sure how Worms Forts chooses its start button, but whatever it chooses stays as your start button. On a PS3 pad being recognized as a Xbox 360 controller, none of the buttons seem to pause the game. On my Logitech F310, clicking the right analog stick button pauses the game.

Additionally, if you are going to remap your controls, you should probably look at the game's PS2 manual, since there are no button labels anywhere in game.
timppu: Does the PC version have e.g. Roland MT-32 sound support? Sometimes that is good enough reason for me to get the PC version, even if the port from Amiga is lacking in other areas.
Grargar: Alien Breed seems to only have an option for Roland (not MT-32 specifically) sound support, while Tower Assault doesn't seem to have any kind of Roland support at all.
Thanks. I guess Tower Assault uses tracker-type music which probably sounds like Amiga music then. Similarly like Epic Pinball, Pinball Fantasies or Jazz the Jackrabbit. Just a hunch based on what sound cards specifically it supports (among them Gravis Ultrasound).
thesmashingone: The left joystick and right should work fine, it's just the axes that aren't functional.

One other thing I forgot to mention: You cannot remap the start button on the gamepad. I'm not sure how Worms Forts chooses its start button, but whatever it chooses stays as your start button. On a PS3 pad being recognized as a Xbox 360 controller, none of the buttons seem to pause the game. On my Logitech F310, clicking the right analog stick button pauses the game.

Additionally, if you are going to remap your controls, you should probably look at the game's PS2 manual, since there are no button labels anywhere in game.
I wonder if that is related to the FlatOut 2 bug where the "Start" button is mapped to the R3 button on an Xbox 360 controller.
IronArcturus:
just get the demo of this: http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

so far its worked with everything - including plenty of titles with no support (unlike xpadder etc)

Edit: after about a week (i think) it'll give you a 75% off coupon for a permenant licence. I got it and am damned happy with it.
Post edited July 04, 2015 by Sachys
IronArcturus:
Sachys: just get the demo of this: http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

so far its worked with everything - including plenty of titles with no support (unlike xpadder etc)

Edit: after about a week (i think) it'll give you a 75% off coupon for a permenant licence. I got it and am damned happy with it.
It looks interesting, but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd-party program to use a controller. From what I've read, Worms Forts should have at least some controller functionality built-in.
Sachys: just get the demo of this: http://pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

IronArcturus: It looks interesting, but I'd rather not have to use a 3rd-party program to use a controller. From what I've read, Worms Forts should have at least some controller functionality built-in.
I meant more generally if you're having issue with a controller / issues when a controller should work.
Sachys: I meant more generally if you're having issue with a controller / issues when a controller should work.
I just wish I could use a mouse and keyboard like with the older Worms games (especially the still-missing Worms Armageddon). But it looks like with this particular game a controller is required in windowed-mode.
Sachys: I meant more generally if you're having issue with a controller / issues when a controller should work.
IronArcturus: I just wish I could use a mouse and keyboard like with the older Worms games (especially the still-missing Worms Armageddon). But it looks like with this particular game a controller is required in windowed-mode.
Honestly I found worms easier with a pad - though I did start with armageddon on the PSX (which I actually found to be the better version in the day).
IronArcturus: I just wish I could use a mouse and keyboard like with the older Worms games (especially the still-missing Worms Armageddon). But it looks like with this particular game a controller is required in windowed-mode.
Sachys: Honestly I found worms easier with a pad - though I did start with armageddon on the PSX (which I actually found to be the better version in the day).
The music in Armageddon was absolutely excellent! It's yet another reason why I wish GOG could get it!
Gede: Nice try. But I'm still recovering from all the money I spent on the last big sale. :-(
guppy44: Tell me about it. They've had something that I've wanted in each weekend promo since the Summer Sale. I've had to let several deals pass me by. :(

But, eventually they'll come around again. They always do.
True. I came to learn that as well.
I can't buy them all, and my library is pretty full for now. I won't be bored until the games come back around.
Does anyone know how to re-enable the windowed-mode in Mobile Forces? When I first ran the game it was in a window. But when I ran it the second time, it became stuck on fullscreen and I can't figure out how to change it back.

Update: I figured it out. One has to edit the mobileforces.ini file to say StartupFullscreen=False
Post edited July 05, 2015 by IronArcturus
IronArcturus: So that means the game should work ok with a window and with an Xbox 360 controller? I think that uses Direct Input.
thesmashingone: It works okay in a window, but from what I recall, it does not like the axes (spelling?) of the Xbox 360 pad. You can't map those triggers to anything, as a result.
Do you know if there is a command to center the window in Worms Forts? I used the /RES command to run in windowed mode, but the window isn't centered and it looks like there is no way to manually center it.
IronArcturus: Does anyone know how to re-enable the windowed-mode in Mobile Forces? When I first ran the game it was in a window. But when I ran it the second time, it became stuck on fullscreen and I can't figure out how to change it back.

Update: I figured it out. One has to edit the mobileforces.ini file to say StartupFullscreen=False
One little note for Mobile Forces: You'll might want to use a frame rate capper for this game if you are running it in Windowed mode, since if it's running uncapped, then everything will run way too quickly. You'll see and hear the footsteps of your character and the AI characters go way too fast! You can use MSI Afterburner or Nvidia Inspector if you have an Nvidia card. I'm not really sure of any AMD-specific solutions, as I use an Nvidia card.

IronArcturus: Do you know if there is a command to center the window in Worms Forts? I used the /RES command to run in windowed mode, but the window isn't centered and it looks like there is no way to manually center it.
Yeah, I don't know of a way to center it. I tried to Shift+Right Click on the game in the windows toolbar, but trying to move it only results in the game being re-focused on. Sorry!
decided to get the Warlord's battle Cry III, cause i already had 1 and 2
costed me only € 1.29 cause i had some store credit left from last purchase(s)