It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Flyingfluffypiglet: Gogrepo could be a bit daunting for some users not familiar with Python -or really not inclined to use it though, and that's where what you're working on would be good since your interface bridges that divide. And as you said, indeed GOG Downloader was quick simple and easy and not to forget lightweight, unlike somethings I can think of. That's what makes that pill really hard to swallow, if you actually manage to.
Yes it can be a bit daunting ... for many I suspect, and for that reason and for myself, that is why I started working on my GUI. There are a few hoops you need to jump through to get Python setup right, but my GUI tries to simplify that, and in the end it is well worth it I believe.

While 'gogrepo.py' isn't perfect, what it can do is much appreciated, and I for one among many are grateful for its existence.

Thanks for your vote of confidence in me. :)

Where oh where has my little post gone?
Where oh where can it be?

Here it is .... disappeared into the ether for a while. Just love when the GOG forum does that. LOL
Post edited July 30, 2020 by Timboli
low rated
Timboli: P.S. When I first buy a game at GOG though, 'gogrepo.py' is well and truly adequate enough to download all files and verify them. That's its selling point for me right now, with the absence of the GOG Downloader.
Ontopic question: You admit to still buying games though upset with GOG's decisions(and I believe you said you also did so when this thread and cause started).

That said....if you kept buying at that time(and still do), how did/does that incentivize GOG to listen to your requests re: the GOG DLer? If anything, everyone that still bought while voicing concern over this move of GOG likely disincentivized GOG somewhat from giving into the requests made here.

------------------

(Offtopic aside: I will be tossing you a +1 for your good taste in films)

------------------

Also, since it's a new page:

Link to the "bring back the GOG DLer" wishlist entry**

(**=for those that want to voice concern for or displeasure at its removal)

Current Vote Count: 1678
Also one should(if they have the time) add a COMMENT** to the wishlist entry as well when voting.
(votes are important but words speak more volumes than just a vote, imo)

(**=Perhaps explaining why you dislike the move by GOG, and your reactions[if any, such as not buying/etc] to it as well)
Post edited July 30, 2020 by GameRacer
high rated
lazydog: Thanks for the response BKGaming.

Unfortunately it is not good enough.

I gave up directly responding to Gamerager many, many posts ago when I called him out. Many of his peers have tried to point him in the right direction to no avail.

There is a direct case against Gamerager continually going off topic and even going as far as to justify it with mental health issues.

you call it, but I am unrepentant.

Me or him, but please leave the thread open:it's improtant.
I don't take "sides". If I'm being honest, I think you are both are causing a lot of un-needed drama that may end up doing the very thing you don't want ie getting this thread locked. Please leave dictating what is and isn't off topic to the GOG staff and the mods as this just creates more drama for all involved as you can clearly see by this very thread. No thread is 100% on topic all the time. Thank you.

That said...

@GameRacer:

Please do try to stay on topic as I do think some of your post either don't add much to the discussion at hand and are simply posted to bump the thread or venture off a bit into other matters. As I suggested maybe take some time from this thread and don't feel the need to respond to every little thing posted here.

I would appreciate if you would both would try to get along and that we can keep this thread open and dedicated to it's primary topic, ie the GOG DL. Thank you.
Post edited July 30, 2020 by BKGaming
low rated
BKGaming: Please do try to stay on topic as I do think some of your post either don't add much to the discussion at hand and are simply posted to bump the thread or venture off a bit into other matters. As I suggested maybe take some time from this thread and don't feel the need to respond to every little thing posted here.
You're right, and I am sorry....to you and anyone else I upset.

I have been obsessing over this thread more than I should, and in the process likely causing some issues as well.

As such, I will be taking my leave from here for the most part(I will mainly just read new posts to see what's going on).

------------

To everyone else:

I am honestly sorry if I caused offense or discomfort by my posts. I let my own issues(and more pessimistic outlook on such topics) get the better of me and influence my replies here(frequency and content), and for going so overboard I apologize.

Also....despite all i've said I also wish Tim the best of luck with his program(many will likely find it very useful), and hope that this and other such threads do some good & that someday GOG will hopefully change how it treats it's customers on this and several other issues.

Best of luck to everyone
Gameracer
Post edited July 30, 2020 by GameRacer
LET GOG KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BY VOTING
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_the_gog_downloader_and_keep_it_up_to_date

We are up to 1681 votes now. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite an interesting phenomenon these regular votes, and it just goes to show how easy it is to make wrong assumptions or presumptions about who comes to GOG and when, or what even motivates someone to vote for this cause ... or just to send GOG a clear message.

Most of us, and I include myself in this, would have thought the votes would have significantly tapered off quite a while ago, but there is still a steady flow happening.

I've listed some possible reasons for that previously, and I guess they still stand as viable.

And i do wonder if GOG in their wildest dreams even thought they would get so many complaining.

That's not to say I think the numbers will ever convince GOG to reverse their decision, but it might lead to some benefits elsewhere .... one can but hope. :)
Post edited July 30, 2020 by Timboli
Timboli: LET GOG KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BY VOTING
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_the_gog_downloader_and_keep_it_up_to_date

We are up to 1681 votes now. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quite an interesting phenomenon these regular votes, and it just goes to show how easy it is to make wrong assumptions or presumptions about who comes to GOG and when, or what even motivates someone to vote for this cause ... or just to send GOG a clear message.

Most of us, and I include myself in this, would have thought the votes would have significantly tapered off quite a while ago, but there is still a steady flow happening.

I've listed some possible reasons for that previously, and I guess they still stand as viable.

And i do wonder if GOG in their wildest dreams even thought they would get so many complaining.

That's not to say I think the numbers will ever convince GOG to reverse their decision, but it might lead to some benefits elsewhere .... one can but hope. :)
Indeed those possible if not likely reasons you listed would stand. One most certainly is people coming here to find out why the program no longer works, because indeed there are assumptions about Goggers not to be made but I think some already have been.

Regardless of what some may say, the count so far is not something to be totally dismissive about, unless really not caring and hoping/counting on newcomers eventually balancing out whatever negatives this will/has translated into, such as less buying for example. Unless someone decides to come out of the woodwork and bring forth all that was asked but hasn't been forthcoming, it's all guesswork at this point. The only thing I for instance can know for sure, is that I would not take the chance to alienate almost so far 1700 customers and would fix it or find a way to, but that's me.

Would any benefit elsewhere as you suggested would be worth/lead to reconsidering a few things? That remains to be seen.
Wrong thread:)
Post edited August 01, 2020 by Moonbeam
While I still have hope, considering GOG hasn't done anything about the mess that is Galaxy 2.0 (and they have a lot more threads and talk about it than GOG Downloader), I doubt they will do anything at this point. I am very glad there are options like the gogrepo.py and Timboli's GUI or what I have been using, Xtreme download manager https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/

Otherwise I wouldn't be here anymore. At least for the newer games as I wouldn't be able to download them.
low rated
Moonbeam: Wrong thread:)
Saw it before you scrapped it and it did make some kind of point though, a valid one even on this thread.
DBDigital: While I still have hope, considering GOG hasn't done anything about the mess that is Galaxy 2.0 (and they have a lot more threads and talk about it than GOG Downloader), I doubt they will do anything at this point. I am very glad there are options like the gogrepo.py and Timboli's GUI or what I have been using, Xtreme download manager https://sourceforge.net/projects/xdman/

Otherwise I wouldn't be here anymore. At least for the newer games as I wouldn't be able to download them.
TBH at this point, even more so with gigs worth of download just for one game -but still as a matter of course with just any game, I wouldn't want to use anything not able to verify and I don't want to have to install every time just to ensure non corruption. And in that verifying so far, options are really limited -here Timboli's download checker is one- and nope, I will not use that 'optional' program.

Keep voting Goggers concerned by this for all we have to loose is not having done so. Count is at 1689 :

low rated
Bump!

LET GOG KNOW HOW YOU FEEL BY VOTING

We are up to 1693 votes now. :)

Post modded. Please refrain from posting about things not related to the topic.
Post edited August 07, 2020 by ponczo_
low rated
Bump.

Votes now at 1710.

Keep sending Gog the message and vote. It may kept being ignored, but what cannot be ignored is that not all moves are good ones.

high rated
I haven't really been around a few months but I'm very glad to see the wishlist votes are STILL growing steadily in favor of Downloader. C'mon GOG, an extra link on each game page is not that much work :)
rjbuffchix: the wishlist votes are STILL growing steadily
its gone up 17 votes in a full week .thats steady lee?
Fairfox: its gone up 17 votes in a full week .thats steady lee?
It is indeed, barely a day goes by where there isn't a vote registered, so it is pretty steady in that regard.

I keep thinking any day now and we will get a few days without any votes, and I've been thinking that for well over a month or two, but they still keep coming.

Keep it up good folk!
Post edited August 13, 2020 by Timboli