It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Timboli: Others set the tone, not me ... its all about due diligence and respect.
Agreed on the respect.

Timboli: Once they kind of fail that, you are just wasting your breath.
Maybe, maybe not.....as you yourself remain somewhat optimistic on this issue, I remain somewhat optimistic I can "turn some of them around"(to at least act nice to people) or at least find some common ground(or maybe even agree/get along with them on other topics).

Timboli: I'm known for making what are called word walls, and I used to reply after reply after reply, trying to clear issues up ... never really worked, and from what I have seen with other conversations by other people, it is always the same.
Anecdotal, but I have actually cleared up bad first impressions and made amends with(and even developed friendships) with those I had issues with in the past....yes, often it can be a waste of time, but for the times that it does work imo it is worth the effort.

Timboli: P.S. I do keep talking to some ... or now and then ... that's about as nice as it gets from me, if I feel disrespected. Like I have said before, I am a pretty forgiving fellow, but I do have a limit to my tolerance.
That may be, but(if I may be open and share an observation) it seems you sometimes (as do many nowadays, it seems) see some things that likely aren't meant to be insulting/etc in a more negative light than intended.

Maybe ask yourself when reading something what the context and intent is instead of assuming ill intent on the part of the poster?

Timboli: P.S.S. And honestly, you are asking me to be nice, to people who have come here with one negative disrespectful object in mind ... to tell us how stupid we are ... even you are guilty of that.
As said above, you seem to sometimes read negativity into people's intent.

I can't speak for others, but I wasn't trying to be mean by what I said.....the criticism I offered might have come off the wrong way but it mostly comes/came from a good place**.

(**=I have vented a bit after being irked at some replies, on very rare occasion, but kept it as civil as possible)

Timboli: P.S.S.S. And some do it with one sentence, like a troll. Please explain why they need my niceness, when they really deserve contempt?
As to why one should show kindness.....to maybe set a good example for them to follow and promote good will and civility? Those are noble and good enough reasons, I think.

================================================

All the above aside, I wish everyone only the best of luck with this...and with that I am going off to play some more Thief Gold.
Post edited June 06, 2020 by GameRager
low rated
SarahGabriella: False equivalence. You dont need a downloader when you can just download via browser. A working metaphor would be: You lease a car with cool rims and then the person leasing it to you eventually swaps them out for new ones you like less.
StingingVelvet: Broswer is an option, but in all fairness it's a pain in the butt for any newer game with lots of files in 4GB chunks. Galaxy is the replacement for the downloader, and lets you download the offline installers. That's the real advice I'd give. Most of this thread is people angry because they don't like using Galaxy to download for one reason or another.
Galaxy doesnt even need to be open to play games. Install Galaxy, download game, close Galaxy. Done.

Everyone asking for a installer is just asking for something that already exists, its called GOG Galaxy.
I tried to download a game today and disappointed I couldn't find link for GOG Downloader. I have tried Galaxy in the past and did not like it.
I guess I will try the direct download.
visconteprimus: Snip--------------------

This so-called-change seems to me GOG is becoming more similar to Steam

Snip---------------------

You'll see: next step will be keeping only Galaxy to download our titles.
Exactly how I feel !

And *worse is* - which GOG pretends to be oblivious about (or totally ignores) then the GOG.com Downloader were our BULK downloader , that is the tool that enabled us to download all game files and goodies with just a few clicks and with a minimum hassle. Even if using a tool like FDM (free download manager) then it is a *considerably* greater work to do to download compared to when downloading using the GOG.com Downloader !!!!

If GOG.com want to take away our bulk downloader tool (the GOG.com Downloader) then they are morons not to do it by giving us a clear upgrade of our download capability instead , meaning something like a ONE-CLICK download of all our DRM-Free install files and goodie files for each game to it's own separate directory !!!
Making it even more easy and speedy than with the GOG.com Downloader !!
amazing GOG style is empowering the user more , not shafting us to try to force us to use Galaxy more !!!
low rated
visconteprimus: Snip--------------------

This so-called-change seems to me GOG is becoming more similar to Steam

Snip---------------------

You'll see: next step will be keeping only Galaxy to download our titles.
FiatLux: Exactly how I feel !

And *worse is* - which GOG pretends to be oblivious about (or totally ignores) then the GOG.com Downloader were our BULK downloader , that is the tool that enabled us to download all game files and goodies with just a few clicks and with a minimum hassle. Even if using a tool like FDM (free download manager) then it is a *considerably* greater work to do to download compared to when downloading using the GOG.com Downloader !!!!

If GOG.com want to take away our bulk downloader tool (the GOG.com Downloader) then they are morons not to do it by giving us a clear upgrade of our download capability instead , meaning something like a ONE-CLICK download of all our DRM-Free install files and goodie files for each game to it's own separate directory !!!
amazing GOG style is empowering the user more , not shafting us to try to force us to use Galaxy more !!!
Just use Galaxy. Theres your damn downloader.
SarahGabriella: Just use Galaxy. Theres your damn downloader.
You write as you don't have the first clue about the topic and as if you haven't read anything that I wrote (ref. : BULK DOWNLOADER)

EDIT !!!
I apologize for being too harsh earlier and for not earlier having taken into consideration that you are a user that joined only after the addition of GOG Galaxy here to GOG.com , so you most likely do not have sufficient experience with GOG and the GOG.com Downloader to understand all it's features and all it's 'pro's (as in pro and con).
Please take that into consideration when participating in discussions ! , thank you !
Post edited June 06, 2020 by FiatLux
FiatLux: You write as you don't have the first clue about the topic and as if you haven't read anything that I wrote (ref. : BULK DOWNLOADER)
Well you can do that with Galaxy (i.e. bulk download), Galaxy is missing features and convenience of the old downloader, like for example re-verification of downloaded installer, update notification, etc..., but you are able to download a game with a single click in it's own separate folder.
Post edited June 06, 2020 by Gersen
FiatLux: You write as you don't have the first clue about the topic and as if you haven't read anything that I wrote (ref. : BULK DOWNLOADER)
Gersen: Well you can do that with Galaxy (i.e. bulk download), Galaxy is missing features of the old downloader, like for example re-verification of downloaded installer, update notification, etc..., but you are able to download a game with a single click in it's own separate folder.
Excuse me ! As far as I know then there are NO library view with sorting from DATE of purchase in GOG Galaxy for BULK download , meaning De Facto I have NO WAY to BULK download my NEW purchases (try to have to bother to find new games among +1300 games )

Anyway , even if GOG Galaxy has been made better since last I tried then it can not even download a freaking game of-line installer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I am starting to get seriously annoyed here !!!)
I took my time to try to use GOG Galaxy to download the game 'Alien Rampage' ,
so first I went to settings in GOG Galaxy to set my 'custom download folder' to My file location\# My Downloads\
Then I downloaded the game using GOG Galaxy - though it for fore mentioned reasons is useless ..
Then I went to game download folder : My file location\# My Downloads\alien_rampage\!Cloud Sync Backup\saves (only the My file location\# My Downloads\ part were set by me , the rest were made by GOG Galaxy !!!)
(LIKE IF save destination created by GOG Galaxy \alien_rampage\!Cloud Sync Backup\saves is a satisfactory save destination created !!!)
then only to find that FREAKING FOLDER IS EMPTY !!!!

I am sorry but you appear as if well meaning but oblivious of the real advantages I had with the GOG.com Downloader :
Go to library view on webpage , set sort to by time purchased OR by updated
Open multiple tabs - one for each game
one tab at a time add download to queue , repeat as needed
sit back and let a rock-solid GOG.com Downloader do the job !!!!

So bulk download means more than one thing, it means BULK download of a purchase (like a single game) , but it also means BULK download of all my NEW purchases or bulk download of all UPDATED game files and goodies since last I downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gersen: Galaxy is missing features and convenience of the old downloader, like for example re-verification of downloaded installer, update notification, etc...
P.S.

If GOG wanted to make GOG Galaxy really smart and attractive then they should add features such as those that I originally wanted to have (which were NOT all the social features!)
They should add the ability to install from already downloaded files on local drives (make that from multiple directories/repository source drives locations)
As well as to one-click for updating ALL downloaded games and goodies (so called backup files) - even if spread over multiple drives (and with the ability to offer to download not-found games to preset favorite folder) (which would de facto mean download whole library if games not found !)

And then make GOG Galaxy able to one-click download to drive ALL new purchases (DRM-Free so called game backup files and 'goodies' )

Then you will find me expressing that GOG Galaxy is an even better replacement for the GOG.com Downloader !!!!
FiatLux: Excuse me ! As far as I know then there are NO library view with sorting from DATE of purchase in GOG Galaxy for BULK download , meaning De Facto I have NO WAY to BULK download my NEW purchases (try to have to bother to find new games among +1300 games )
`You are moving the goal post here, you said it was not possible to do bulk download, it is technically possible to do bulk download, yes it's missing for now the ability to sort by purchase date for whatever strange reason that only Gog knows (and as I said it's missing other features too like listing the updates) but that's not what you complained about originally or at least it wasn't clear.

FiatLux: Anyway , even if GOG Galaxy has been made better since last I tried then it can not even download a freaking game of-line installer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so first I went to settings in GOG Galaxy to set my 'custom download folder'
Then I downloaded the game using GOG Galaxy - though it for fore mentioned reasons is useless ..
Then I went to custom folder : My file location\# My Downloads\alien_rampage\!Cloud Sync Backup\saves (only the My file location\# My Downloads\ part were set by me , the rest were made by GOG Galaxy !!!)
(LIKE IF save destination created by GOG Galaxy \alien_rampage\!Cloud Sync Backup\saves is a satisfactory save destination created !!!)
Are you sure you didn't click on "download cloud save" instead on the link to download the installer, I just tried, with Alien rampage too : select the game, click on Extra, on the "Offline Backup Installers" section click on "Alien Rampage 1.13 CS 32 MB" and it downloaded it just fine in the download folder.

FiatLux: So bulk download means more than one thing, it means BULK download of a purchase (like a single game) , but it also means BULK download of all my NEW purchases or bulk download of all UPDATED game files and goodies since last I downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like I said I agree that it's missing feature and that, in it's current state, it's not as convenient as the downloader originally was, and if you look at my other posts in this thread you will noticed that I never said otherwise. I was just commenting on the ability to "bulk download", as in being able to queue multiple downloads with a single click per game.

Maybe a quick fix that Gog could do, that might make it easier for you to "bulk download" as you did with the downloader, was if, on the game page, they added a link "Download Offline Backup Installers in Galaxy", this way you would be able to sort by release date in the website, open multiple tabs and launch your download like you did before ?

Edit : I created a feature request on the galaxy forum for that.
Post edited June 06, 2020 by Gersen
Gersen: `You are moving the goal post here, you said it was not possible to do bulk download, .
No I am not , you are trying to limit what I can encompass into the expression 'bulk download'
But for the sake of argument then yes , I ought to have specified 'Bulk download my purchases' , and had I done that you would have been dis-satisfied that I did not write 'Bulk download my NEW purchases' , and so on !!!!

FiatLux: Anyway , even if GOG Galaxy has been made better since last I tried then it can not even download a freaking game of-line installer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so first I went to settings in GOG Galaxy to set my 'custom download folder'
Then I went to custom folder : My file location\# My Downloads\alien_rampage\!Cloud Sync Backup\saves (only the My file location\# My Downloads\ part were set by me , the rest were made by GOG Galaxy !!!)
Gersen: Are you sure you didn't click on "download cloud save" instead on the link to download the installer, I just tried, with Alien rampage too : select the game, click on Extra, on the "Offline Backup Installers" section click on "Alien Rampage 1.13 CS 32 MB" and it downloaded it just fine in the download folder..
I am guilty as charged ! (I screwed up and clicked a wrong button)

FiatLux: So bulk download means more than one thing, it means BULK download of a purchase (like a single game) , but it also means BULK download of all my NEW purchases or bulk download of all UPDATED game files and goodies since last I downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gersen: Like I said I agree that it's missing feature and that, in it's current state, it's not as convenient as the downloader originally was, if you look at my other post in this thread you will noticed that I never said otherwise. I was just commenting on the ability to "bulk download", as in being able to queue multiple downloads with a single click per game.

Maybe a quick fix that Gog could do, that might make it easier for you to "bulk download" as you did with the downloader, was if, on the game page, they added a link "Download Offline Backup Installers in Galaxy", this way you would be able to sort by release date in the website, open multiple tabs and launch your download like you did before ?
'Bulk download' feature in GOG Galaxy is totally USELESS as is.. With no sorting by purchase date it's worth nothing for download....
Rather than people having to have all these insanely stupid discussions over something that ought to already have been there , then what GOG could do would be to add an extra row in All Games view in GOG Galaxy with a button that said DOWNLOAD that would download all off-line installer game files and goodies when clicked , then they only needed to add the sort by PURCHASE DATE then I could spend my time downloading my purchases in easy manner rather than having to slave away here in useless discussion here ! (I am really tired of all of this)
FiatLux: 'Bulk download' feature in GOG Galaxy is totally USELESS as is.. With no sorting by purchase date it's worth nothing for download....
That's why I said that maybe a temporary / quick fix for Gog would be to add a "download offline installer in Galaxy" link on the website game detail page, this way you would have option to sort by purchase date, filter only updated games, etc... similarly to how it was with the downloader.
P.S.
I added my own wish to the wish-list for GOG Galaxy :

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/easier_download_of_new_purchases_and_updates
Easier download of New purchases and Updates !!!!
Added by FiatLux

in All Games view in Galaxy please add a row more with a button for each game that says download.
A button that when clicked would download all DRM-Free game installer files and goodies to custom directory (+ directory with game name)
Then ALSO add SORT mode in All Games view by Purchase date and also by Update date..
That way people could easily download all their new purchases , all updated DRM-Free game files and goodies , and even their whole library if needed...
)I understand that GOG for obvious reasons would not like for people to have easy access to download their files when they want to make people to download only when installing using GOG Galaxy . But if need then GOG could make a extra Download mode to GOG Galaxy or an extra main view option buried a click down in Galaxy where there were a second All Games view with all the download buttons next to game name and the sort by purchase date and update date .
low rated
'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' - Terry Pratchett, Maskerade
FiatLux: Exactly how I feel !

SarahGabriella: Just use Galaxy. Theres your damn downloader.
P.S.
I see that you have joined GOG first in 2016 and that the discussions about GOG Galaxy started in 2015 (?) , so it could be that you have actually never really used the GOG.com Downloader and that you have used GOG Galaxy instead. If so then I am sorry if I were harsh before and I would like to apologize both for being too harsh on you and for not checking your join date - which I should have done in the first place !
If you are not completely familiar with the features and pro's of the GOG.com Downloader then you ought to try to compensate for that when participating in discussions. Though of course that should not serve as a cushion for others to rest on for being harsh instead of them checking your 'credentials' / 'credibility' as per join date !

Ideally we would like that all participate in discussions on same level , however people have different levels of experience with different matters (not to mention the difference of opinions as well) .
Also this forum is plagued by that there are one or more persons that feel absolutely compelled to have to butt-in and comment and answer on everything - though neither wished for nor appreciated by others , and that creates a discussion climate that is less than optimal.

Anyway , please accept my apology for being too harsh previously !
Post edited June 07, 2020 by FiatLux