It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

FiatLux: So bulk download means more than one thing, it means BULK download of a purchase (like a single game) , but it also means BULK download of all my NEW purchases or bulk download of all UPDATED game files and goodies since last I downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breja: 'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' - Terry Pratchett, Maskerade
That's a lie , I never wear my own underpants on my head.... (I might have been seen on occasion with a pair of women's underwear (panties) on my head . but that's only when I bought some new used ones from the worn panty sellers that I want to snif all day rather than only sniffing them once in a while)
SarahGabriella: Galaxy doesnt even need to be open to play games. Install Galaxy, download game, close Galaxy. Done.

Everyone asking for a installer is just asking for something that already exists, its called GOG Galaxy.
Newer games are made to work without a traditional install, but for anything older I'd want an offline installer for backups. If Galaxy didn't offer that, it would be a huge problem IMO.
Gersen: Well you can do that with Galaxy (i.e. bulk download), Galaxy is missing features of the old downloader, like for example re-verification of downloaded installer, update notification, etc..., but you are able to download a game with a single click in it's own separate folder.
FiatLux: Excuse me ! As far as I know then there are NO library view with sorting from DATE of purchase in GOG Galaxy for BULK download , meaning De Facto I have NO WAY to BULK download my NEW purchases (try to have to bother to find new games among +1300 games )
Just chipping in regarding this point: altough there is no "sort by purchase date" on the owned tab, wich i hope they manage to add, there is a workable alternative in the recent tab, wich shows your recent purchases, alot easier than browsing the entire library.
FiatLux: So bulk download means more than one thing, it means BULK download of a purchase (like a single game) , but it also means BULK download of all my NEW purchases or bulk download of all UPDATED game files and goodies since last I downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Breja: 'And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five? A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head.' - Terry Pratchett, Maskerade
You just cant stay out of this topic, can you.

Punctuation is not a requirement to post in this topic, for or against gogs decision.
low rated
lazydog: You just cant stay out of this topic, can you.

Punctuation is not a requirement to post in this topic, for or against gogs decision.
You do realise that was a joke, right? I know you're not the brightest knife in the lake, but still, you must have some idea of that concept called "humor", right? And yes, yes, I know, it's super important that people here can have the same pointless, tired argument for the hundreth time without some asshole like me, heaven forbid, throwing in a joke. But that's just the kind of monster I am.
low rated
Excuse me ! As far as I know then there are NO library view with sorting from DATE of purchase in GOG Galaxy for BULK download , meaning De Facto I have NO WAY to BULK download my NEW purchases (try to have to bother to find new games among +1300 games )
Maybe not buy so many games?

(That is not a dig btw, just an observation.....I mean who needs that many games? I myself have around 300+ aand think that's still too much)
Go to library view on webpage , set sort to by time purchased OR by updated
Open multiple tabs - one for each game
one tab at a time add download to queue , repeat as needed
sit back and let a rock-solid GOG.com Downloader do the job !!!!

So bulk download means more than one thing, it means BULK download of a purchase (like a single game) , but it also means BULK download of all my NEW purchases or bulk download of all UPDATED game files and goodies since last I downloaded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tbh if I may be open and honest:

What I am seeing here(not just by you) is just reinforcing a belief i've held for awhile now.....so many in the world today are seemingly lazy as sin(Yes, I am lazy too sometimes...I am no saint in that regard).
lazydog: You just cant stay out of this topic, can you.

Breja: You do realise that was a joke, right? I know you're not the brightest knife in the lake, but still, you must have some idea of that concept called "humor", right? And yes, yes, I know, it's super important that people here can have the same pointless, tired argument for the hundreth time without some asshole like me, heaven forbid, throwing in a joke. But that's just the kind of monster I am.
Oh how we all laughed.

Now, back on to the actual topic at hand...
low rated
lazydog: Punctuation is not a requirement to post in this topic, for or against gogs decision.
But GOG has made a decision: ======================

lazydog: Now, back on to the actual topic at hand...
The topic is mostly dead...and if not for some of those posts you seem to dislike and a few hangers on these threads would be all but ghost towns.

=============================
============================= (Replace the word law with the word GOG)
Post edited June 07, 2020 by GameRager
Any business that provides a service to the public will take very seriously any feedback on their operations, despite inanity and opinions posted to the contrary.

Please visit and vote here if you are unhappy with the decision to drop the downloader:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_the_gog_downloader_and_keep_it_up_to_date
Post edited June 07, 2020 by lazydog
low rated
lazydog: Any business that provides a service to the public will take very seriously any feedback on their operations
(Tbh I want this to succeed, but GOG has had 3 months to post a response to this, and except for one PR filled reply at the start they have remained silent....to me that speaks volumes.

Yes, they could change their mind, but then I also could win the lotto and get struck by lightning all at once.)
low rated
Breja: You do realise that was a joke, right? I know you're not the brightest knife in the lake, but still, you must have some idea of that concept called "humor", right? And yes, yes, I know, it's super important that people here can have the same pointless, tired argument for the hundreth time without some asshole like me, heaven forbid, throwing in a joke. But that's just the kind of monster I am.
lazydog: Oh how we all laughed.

You're like a real life version of the "stop that sketch, it's getting silly" colonel from Monty Python.

Why not just ignore my post? Was it hurting this oh so precious dead horse of a thread somehow? Was someone offended?

What topic is "at hand" here? It's been three months, for crying out loud. There's nothing more to be said. If you insist on keeping this thread on life support we can at least add some humor to the proceedings. Yes, I know I'm not funny, but I think you should find that quality endearing.

Anyway, you can always report me and have me banned for off-topic posts or something. That's about the only action from GOG this thread can cause anyway :D
low rated

What topic is "at hand" here? It's been three months, for crying out loud. There's nothing more to be said. If you insist on keeping this thread on life support we can at least add some humor to the proceedings. Yes, I know I'm not funny, but I think you should find that quality endearing.
Some here have alluded and seem to think that such posting is somehow hurting the cause through (I guess, if I read them right) similar posts "making the cause being pushed look bad or not as legitimate", or maybe (also if I read them right) making some not want to post here.

Essentially the thread is(as you said) on life support...if not for a few of them still bumping it it'd be all but deserted...especially if we left.

Heck, some of our posts likely keep it bumped so others can see it and vote, which helps them out....but nah, to some it seems we're not much but a negative to the thread and that supposedly without us posting this cause would be a resounding success.

(Looking at the post dates, when I and some others don't post here it can be around 1 week or so between the posts of those still advocating for the issue at hand....even the OP doesn't post here anymore, that I know of[could have missed their post, though])
lazydog: Oh how we all laughed.

Breja: You're like a real life version of the "stop that sketch, it's getting silly" colonel from Monty Python.

Why not just ignore my post? Was it hurting this oh so precious dead horse of a thread somehow? Was someone offended?

Anyway, you can always report me and have me banned for off-topic posts or something. That's about the only action from GOG this thread can cause anyway :D
Please keep this thread on topic Breja, three months old or not. The voting is increasing and gog will be watching.

PM me if need be, I do not wish for a valid thread to be locked without good reason.

In the meantime:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/keep_the_gog_downloader_and_keep_it_up_to_date
low rated
I believe you posted that same wishlist link around 5 or so posts back....as have many others.

Also why spam it at all? Why not just let people click the same link on the first page of this thread?

(Also no need to worry about GOG locking it due to offtopic.....they only do that to high profile controversial threads.....this thread has nothing to fear as it's neither high profile(imo) or controversial(again imo))
Crosmando: GOG don't care, they just wanna be like Steam.
nightcraw1er.488: Unfortunately, and I personally couldn’t care less about gog downloader, that does appear to be the ultimate goal. Steam has drm free games, all delivered in its client, alongside others which do have varying levels of drm. I imagine that there is now only a small percentage of the userbase not using galaxy.
What's even the point of Galaxy?