It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today is a big day for all Cyberpunk 2077 fans. Take a look at what's coming to Night City below!

Night City Wire: Episode 1 video

Latest trailer - The Gig

What are your opinions on the event and the upcoming game? Let us know in the comments!
Post edited June 26, 2020 by emter_pl
nightcraw1er.488: What’s this cyberpunk 2020, not heard of it before!
One of the later iterations of the original pen&paper system all of this is based on.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Night City Wire: Episode 1
Post edited June 25, 2020 by Swedrami
low rated
nightcraw1er.488: What’s this cyberpunk 2020, not heard of it before!
Swedrami: One of the later iterations of the original pen&paper system all of this is based on.
It was sarcasm based off the dreadful hype train that’s been pushed since time immemorial. Am hoping that it will flop just so they have something else to talk about (although that would likely be galaxy).
SCPM: There will be a Cyberpunk 2077 anime coming to Netflix in 2022 from Studio Trigger (Kill la Kill, Little Witch Academia)
https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-edgerunners-a-cyberpunk-2077-anime-announced
I actually didn't believe you until I checked the link.

An anime seems like a perfect choice for Cyperpunk though.
Swedrami: One of the later iterations of the original pen&paper system all of this is based on.
nightcraw1er.488: It was sarcasm based off the dreadful hype train that’s been pushed since time immemorial. Am hoping that it will flop just so they have something else to talk about (although that would likely be galaxy).
Why does this hype train bother you so much (enough to reply here)? I'm sure you ignore a lot of other idiocy on a daily basis... to remain sane - I know I do. ;-)
This should have been on june 11th instead of Night City Wire delayed to June 25th.
I don't care nearly enough to watch a stream.

The trailer looks... ok. Honestly, I don't get what blows so many people away. The Witcher trailers had really great mood, felt unique... just about the only thing from Cyberpunk that even approach that was the first teaser, 7 years ago or so. Everything since looks fairly generic to me. I don't know, maybe this Gangsta Cyberdise is just not my thing.
nightcraw1er.488: It was sarcasm based off the dreadful hype train that’s been pushed since time immemorial. Am hoping that it will flop just so they have something else to talk about (although that would likely be galaxy).
teceem: Why does this hype train bother you so much (enough to reply here)? I'm sure you ignore a lot of other idiocy on a daily basis... to remain sane - I know I do. ;-)
It doesn’t really, it’s more of a symptom that there is nothing else to talk about here. Most of the posts are on the broken website or how to claim W3 on platform xyz. So was struggling for something to moan about ;o)
teceem: Why does this hype train bother you so much (enough to reply here)? I'm sure you ignore a lot of other idiocy on a daily basis... to remain sane - I know I do. ;-)
nightcraw1er.488: It doesn’t really, it’s more of a symptom that there is nothing else to talk about here. Most of the posts are on the broken website or how to claim W3 on platform xyz. So was struggling for something to moan about ;o)
Here's an idea: add somebody to your friends list. It might lead to more interesting conversations than just throwing your moans on the forum. ;-)
Breja: I don't care nearly enough to watch a stream.

The trailer looks... ok. Honestly, I don't get what blows so many people away. The Witcher trailers had really great mood, felt unique... just about the only thing from Cyberpunk that even approach that was the first teaser, 7 years ago or so. Everything since looks fairly generic to me. I don't know, maybe this Gangsta Cyberdise is just not my thing.
I'm a big fan of sci-fi cyberpunk settings - you know, like Deus Ex games and Blade Runner movie.

I'm always looking for something along the Deus Ex sort of realm & one of those genre-bending "immersive sims" (which often are RPG/action/shooter/stealth/adventure hybrids (see Arkane's games, Looking Glass' games, Deus Ex, Dishonored games).

Deus Ex 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. And IMHO, one of the best games of all time.

So more of that, I'm game for.

And w/ Cyberpunk, to me, that looks also on the size, scope, and scale of a huge GTA type of game.

Toss in also the Badlands, which looks right one of a Mad Max movie and game - yeah, I couldn't be more sold on this CP 2077 game, TBH.
Post edited June 25, 2020 by MysterD
MysterD: I'm a big fan of sci-fi cyberpunk settings - you know, like Deus Ex games and Blade Runner movie.

I'm always looking for something along the Deus Ex sort of realm & one of those genre-bending "immersive sims" (which often are RPG/action/shooter/stealth/adventure hybrids (see Arkane's games, Looking Glass' games, Deus Ex, Dishonored games).

Deus Ex 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. And IMHO, one of the best games of all time.

And w/ Cyberpunk, to me, that looks also on the size, scope, and scale of a huge GTA type of game.

Toss in also the Badlands, which looks right one of a Mad Max movie and game - yeah, I couldn't be more sold on this CP 2077 game, TBH.
My opinion: if the protagonist is not "You", the game should be 3rd person. First person fitted System Shock better (just some hacker) than Deus Ex (JC Denton).
MysterD: I'm a big fan of sci-fi cyberpunk settings - you know, like Deus Ex games and Blade Runner movie.

I love Blade Runner. And Deus Ex. This looks NOTHING like either of those.

To be fair, it's not really supposed to be anything like Blade Runner. That's way more neo-noir thank anything "punk", influential on the cyberpunk genre though it was.

But really, I'm not questioning the fact that someone can be way more into the vibe of the setting than I am. That's perfectly obvious. It's just that I don't feel like anything we've seen about this game is really all that special in any way. I don't feel like the game advertised is much different than Watch Dogs with more neons.

I mean, let's just compare the Human Revolution trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq5KWLqUewc

That's a thing a beauty. That moment the whiskey glass cracks a little? Poetry. The music? Unforgettable. The whole thing just oozes style, while at the same time teasing a game of great substance, and with unique identity. The Cyberpunk trailers? They feel generic as hell and the most memorable thing about them is a famous actor showing up.

teceem: My opinion: if the protagonist is not "You", the game should be 3rd person. First person fitted System Shock better (just some hacker) than Deus Ex (JC Denton).
Doesn't matter to me, if it's in 1st person, 3rd person, or (my favorite) the player can toggle the camera on-the-fly between the two camera view (think Thief: Deadly Shadows).

Doesn't matter to me whether I'm a scripted character w/ a very specific background/story/specific traits that is voice-acted; or have choice b/t different origins/backgrounds/traits/voice acting/etc; or a flat-out blank slate that has nothing at all to the character b/c that character is really supposed to be "Me".
Post edited June 25, 2020 by MysterD
Breja: That's a thing a beauty. That moment the whiskey glass cracks a little? Poetry. The music? Unforgettable. The whole thing just oozes style, while at the same time teasing a game of great substance, and with unique identity. The Cyberpunk trailers? They feel generic as hell and the most memorable thing about them is a famous actor showing up.
A trailer is like a commercial. Do you form an opinion on (any) product based on the quality of its commercial? Just a question... many people do.
MysterD: Doesn't matter to me, if it's in 1st person, 3rd person, or (my favorite) the player can toggle the camera on-the-fly between the two camera view (think Thief: Deadly Shadows).
I was trying to say something about the concept of "immersion" (you mentioned immersive sim"), not about your favorite gameplay. If you can see a meaningful protagonist while playing, isn't that more "immersive"?
Post edited June 25, 2020 by teceem
Breja: That's a thing a beauty. That moment the whiskey glass cracks a little? Poetry. The music? Unforgettable. The whole thing just oozes style, while at the same time teasing a game of great substance, and with unique identity. The Cyberpunk trailers? They feel generic as hell and the most memorable thing about them is a famous actor showing up.
teceem: A trailer is like a commercial. Do you form an opinion on (any) product based on the quality of its commercial? Just a question... many people do.
I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.

I'm not discussing the quality of the game (obviously, since it's not even out yet). I'm saying that I don't get why so many people are so hyped about it based on what we've seen so far, because what we've seen is in my opinion generic and underwhelming. A great trailer may not be any basis for opinion on the quality of a game, but I still find it much easier to understand getting hyped because of a really good, memorable one, than a bland one.
Post edited June 25, 2020 by Breja
Breja: I don't care nearly enough to watch a stream.

Have you played the mad max game? It has some good bits. The other has a lot of the problems of the open world genre though.
I do like the gta style games though, sleeping dogs is obviously one of the best and the saboteur is very good too. U fortunately the other end of the scale...