It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TheMonkofDestiny: Something to point out to Mullins. Based on Darvond's post, it seems like him wanting the game removed from GOG was motivated by the lack of income not just because of the original publisher's bankruptcy and closure but from the (presumably) small percentage of sales made of the game through GOG. The latter is indicative of a view a lot of indie developers seem to share when it comes to the revenue stream they see from the likes of Steam vs. GOG. That he's made enough money to the point where he's working on a new game is nice, but were I in his place, I don't think I'd be quite as quick to dismiss another source of income.
But it was never a Steam vs. GOG issue if it was available on both (also in the humble store) it was Steam AND GOG. Even with little to no sales what would be the point in removing it unless he was simply not seeing revenue come in from those sales. As of now it seems Steam is the only place it is available, both GOG and HIB links from the Mullins' site are inactive which seems to confirm the fact he removed them himself. That one twitter post seems like the only real mention of it though.

I guess you would be fine if you bought it here and already downloaded it, but then again the end of the game asks you to uninstall it afterward too. :P

-OK actually it still is on the Humble store and DRM free + Steam key so I guess that's the place to go
Post edited December 17, 2016 by whatsnottaken
whatsnottaken: But it was never a Steam vs. GOG issue if it was available on both (also in the humble store) it was Steam AND GOG. Even with little to no sales what would be the point in removing it unless he was simply not seeing revenue come in from those sales.
You're essentially reiterating the point I was making (and to my own failing, I don't know how to make any point well) - the general idea was that to him (and a lot of other developers) the exposure their game(s) see through Steam tends to be higher than that of GOG and in turn warrants a substantially bigger amount of copies sold over time (which is not to disparage the way GOG handles anything - this year alone, with the bump in sale frequency, it's clear that they're attempting to bring exposure to the titles in their library which hopefully helps change the minds of some devs about the general climate here).

When indie developers do their post-launch/etc. write-ups, often with accompanying sales data, it's often the case that if they've sold their game through Steam, it accounts for a huge chunk of their sales while the "smaller" (for lack of a better descriptor) outlets bring up the remainder (and often in the single digit percentages). With Pony Island, the unfortunate business of the original distributor going bankrupt a time after the game had launched no doubt just compacted the notion for Mullins that selling the game through GOG wasn't going to yield any amount of return that he was comfortable with.

Maybe I've just read too far into what Mullins' response as relayed through Darvond's post to this thread was. Maybe when he cites "lack of interest" he just means exactly that and not "sales weren't where I would like them to be through GOG".

Personally, I hope he eventually reconsiders and works out a new deal with GOG when he has the spare moments to do so.
TheMonkofDestiny: he just means exactly that and not "sales weren't where I would like them to be through GOG".
So some of us more frugal individuals (or as some might call 'cheap skates') haven't bought the game because it wasn't quite at the level we were willing for, because we were waiting for a slightly better deal.
fables22: Hey GOGers,

Upon developer’s request, we, unfortunately, had to remove Pony Island from our store. We’re sorry that this hadn’t been communicated to you before it happened - sadly, we weren’t able to do it this time around. Our BizDev team is in talks with the developer, and we’ll update you on the situation if there’s any significant changes. Thanks & apologies for the inconvenience!
I wanted to buy this on GOG, so I am very sad, that it was removed. :-(
I hope it will return soon, so I can.
deleted
I'm afraid we don't have any news at this stage. Sorry!
deleted
Pony island is available DRM free, "Pay what you want" on humble bundle right now;
Link here.
Lostinablock: Pony island is available DRM free, "Pay what you want" on humble bundle right now;
Link here.
All of those look like good games overall. I'll probably be purchasing that later, although i'll be waiting to see what the extra added games will be.
Lostinablock: Pony island is available DRM free, "Pay what you want" on humble bundle right now;
Link here.
rtcvb32: All of those look like good games overall. I'll probably be purchasing that later, although i'll be waiting to see what the extra added games will be.
Not sure if you know this already, but if you pay anything to buy it today it will lock the price at the current rate, and you can choose how much to add to it next week.

I've been playing a bit of Pony Island tonight and it's a very cool game, highly recommend it so far.
low rated
rtcvb32: All of those look like good games overall. I'll probably be purchasing that later, although i'll be waiting to see what the extra added games will be.
Asbeau: Not sure if you know this already, but if you pay anything to buy it today it will lock the price at the current rate, and you can choose how much to add to it next week.

I've been playing a bit of Pony Island tonight and it's a very cool game, highly recommend it so far.
hi
Asbeau: Not sure if you know this already, but if you pay anything to buy it today it will lock the price at the current rate, and you can choose how much to add to it next week.

Hmmm... I'd probably get the $10 group so the amount it costs now vs later doesn't matter.
10 hours left to get the pay what you want overwhelmingly-positive-bundle with pony Island DRM free on humble bundle.
Lostinablock: 10 hours left to get the pay what you want overwhelmingly-positive-bundle with pony Island DRM free on humble bundle.
Errr... 3 hours actually (4h when you wrote your message). Anyone wanting it should hurry up indeed!
Someone asked him on Twitter if the game was coming back to GOG last week, but the dev seems to have deleted that tweet.

EDIT: Tweet wasn't deleted after all, it just wouldn't appear for some reason. And important update, he responded "probably not" to Pony Island returning to gog.
Post edited May 19, 2017 by jcoa