It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patch 4.04 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt containing various fixes and improvements is now available on GOG! Click HERE for all the details.

Check out all the changes and enjoy the new patch – time to slay some monsters!
rjbuffchix: But it's silly for any content to be missing from a DRM-free game made by the (once known for being) DRM-free company on "their own" DRM-free store. In a singleplayer game no less.
StingingVelvet: I wouldn't mind calling it silly. I think the entire thing is silly in every facet. However calling it silly is very different from "I want a refund for this thing I bought years ago because you added DRM to it," which is typical GOG forum hyperbole that persuades and benefits exactly no one.
It has persuaded me not to buy CDPR again.

It has persuaded me that gog is not DRM free and cannot be trusted past 30 days.

Very beneficial to me I can assure you.
lazydog: It has persuaded me not to buy CDPR again.

It has persuaded me that gog is not DRM free and cannot be trusted past 30 days.

Enjoy using the other stores that offer more robust DRM free offerings.
Great news! Patch 4.04 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is now out on GOG, packed with fixes and improvements.
MarkoH01: I won't archive this version before they reconsider the absolutely STUPID decision to include ALL audio laguages in the OL installer instead of using language packs as they did in the original release.
I suppose they consider every customers with this game in their library have a "professional connection" ....>.> Adding the inflated size of the "Complete version" dues to the graphical overhaul ... this is ridiculous. Plus having languages packs would saved bandwidth...
Post edited July 23, 2023 by DyNaer
Folr info the color code of the patch page (https://www.thewitcher.com/pl/en/news/48535/patch-4-04-is-live-on-all-platforms-including-nintendo-switch) does not display well when Dark Reader is active.
You should fix your color coding that page so that it is compatible with Dark reader.
Not_you: 404 patch not found.
They jinxed themselves.
lazydog: It has persuaded me not to buy CDPR again.

StingingVelvet: Enjoy using the other stores that offer more robust DRM free offerings.
It really does pain you to admit that gog is no longer DRM free, doesn't it?

Stop flogging the dead horse.
Spent an afternoon with patch 4.04a.

I thought that 4.03 was good, but this has now got the game to a silky smooth level. It's incredible - Novigrad crashes are basically gone and the DLSS 3 stutter on AMD when exiting menus has now been eliminated.

I'm sure there are more bugs to squash, but this is now almost perfect.

Thanks CDPR and GoG for fixing and rolling this out.
lazydog: It really does pain you to admit that gog is no longer DRM free, doesn't it?

Not sure what this reply means. I was genuinely wishing you well enjoying all the other stores that do real DRM free and offer much more DRM free options than GOG does. I hope you enjoy your time at those stores. I wish I could ditch this DRM wasteland and enjoy the true DRM free those stores offer.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by StingingVelvet
lazydog: It really does pain you to admit that gog is no longer DRM free, doesn't it?

StingingVelvet: Not sure what this reply means. I was genuinely wishing you well enjoying all the other stores that do real DRM free and offer much more DRM free options than GOG does. I hope you enjoy your time at those stores. I wish I could ditch this DRM wasteland and enjoy the true DRM free those stores offer.
There are several DRM-Free stores out there and we don't have to pick just one. This new "My Rewards" crap is locked behind DRM. That doesn't mean all the other games aren't DRM-Free.
....I do not own the game, but it would make nervous getting a version titled 404 if I did lol
Shmacky-McNuts: ....I do not own the game, but it would make nervous getting a version titled 404 if I did lol
You're at risk of getting a 404 error for any game at the moment. xD
Shmacky-McNuts: ....I do not own the game, but it would make nervous getting a version titled 404 if I did lol
SargonAelther: You're at risk of getting a 404 error for any game at the moment. xD
All hail the glorious offline installer....wait, people rather test Galaxy?? ;)
SargonAelther: There are several DRM-Free stores out there and we don't have to pick just one. This new "My Rewards" crap is locked behind DRM. That doesn't mean all the other games aren't DRM-Free.
Yeah that's cool. You should definitely play Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk through those stores rather than GOG, since they're the real DRM free option.
SargonAelther: There are several DRM-Free stores out there and we don't have to pick just one. This new "My Rewards" crap is locked behind DRM. That doesn't mean all the other games aren't DRM-Free.
StingingVelvet: Yeah that's cool. You should definitely play Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk through those stores rather than GOG, since they're the real DRM free option.
Ok, drop the sarcasm. No one is going to abandon GOG because two first party games started an affair with DRM. Not everyone cares about these two games and there are thousands of other games that remain DRM-Free on GOG. If I start using another store, that doesn't mean I'll stop using GOG. They are not mutually exclusive.

We can also use console commands to spawn this stupid gear in both games, but the point is that we, the paying customers, now have to jump through hoops just to unlock this content. Many people come to GOG to avoid launchers and play-stat tracking. GOG insist that Galaxy is optional, yet clearly it isn't. Not for these two games. What happens in 15 years? Will these authentication services still be running, or will they shut them down, like Ubisoft has for their old games? Good thing that both games have console commands. What if future games do not? What if future "rewards" will be missions and characters? It's not unheard of. We've seen such practices before, but we thought CDP was better than that. Before Witcher 3 came out, CDPR were preaching how they do not believe in pre-order bonuses and FOMO. Look at them now. This, coming from a former DRM-Free advocate, is in very poor taste and we will not shut up about it.

Also people do not have to leave the store because of it, they can just avoid first party games, while still buying actual DRM-Free third party games. This is probably the fault of CDPR, rather than GOG anyway.

SargonAelther: You're at risk of getting a 404 error for any game at the moment. xD
Shmacky-McNuts: All hail the glorious offline installer....wait, people rather test Galaxy?? ;)
Some offline installer files are getting a 404 too, unless you already have your entire library downloaded.
Post edited July 23, 2023 by SargonAelther