It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Patch 4.04 for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt containing various fixes and improvements is now available on GOG! Click HERE for all the details.

Check out all the changes and enjoy the new patch – time to slay some monsters!
SargonAelther: Ok, drop the sarcasm. No one is going to abandon GOG because two first party games started an affair with DRM.
]

Cool, we agree then.
but the point is that we, the paying customers, now have to jump through hoops just to unlock this content. Many people come to GOG to avoid launchers and play-stat tracking. GOG insist that Galaxy is optional, yet clearly it isn't. Not for these two games.
I find the idea you need to use Galaxy because of a few dumb cosmetic items to be kinda silly to be honest. As I've said before, I was against selling Hitman 2016 here without changes because significant singleplayer gameplay was locked behind an online requirement. Lots of people agreed, because GOG removed it from sale and apologized. A few cosmetic promo shirts is not at all the same thing though. I get the slippery slope argument, but we're talking a tiny drop of water on a flat floor here. When there's another actual problem, like Hitman, I'll care.
StingingVelvet: I find the idea you need to use Galaxy because of a few dumb cosmetic items to be kinda silly to be honest. As I've said before, I was against selling Hitman 2016 here without changes because significant singleplayer gameplay was locked behind an online requirement. Lots of people agreed, because GOG removed it from sale and apologized. A few cosmetic promo shirts is not at all the same thing though. I get the slippery slope argument, but we're talking a tiny drop of water on a flat floor here. When there's another actual problem, like Hitman, I'll care.
Well it seems that to some people, this is a matter of the significance of the content. To other it is a matter of principle.

When it comes to principle, the argument is simple. Is there DRM? Yes, therefore it's bad.
When it comes to the significance of the content, it becomes a lot more subjective. Yes the content may be small, but every person values these items differently. Empathy also plays a role. Just because you don't care about this content, doesn't mean that others do not. Should they not also gain the content they like DRM-Free?

I know the argument some people and CDP themselves are going to use. Don't you have a GOG account? Just launch it once via Galaxy and stop complaining. Sure ok, that works today. What about 15 years from now? Many of us are here for game preservation and we do not want to see our games lose content with time, because of some stupid DRM. We've already seen this exact problem with Ubisoft and that has made me very paranoid. I need to be sure that this content will be available forever and nobody can realistically guarantee that any online service will be available forever. Only offline content can guarantee that. They need to give us offline installers / unlockers for this content. They can make the redemptions of these DLCs conditional on the ownership of other games, if they have to, but they have to be available offline.

This argument is the exact same used to justify always-online gaming. Don't you have the internet in 2023? Do you live in the middle of nowhere? Yeah, sure, we do have the internet. But YOU, dear Publisher, won't have YOUR stupid backbend online forever. That's the problem. That was always THE problem. This is why Hitman 2016 was banished and this is why some people are angry TWC3 and CP2077. It is a matter of game preservation. It is a matter of principle.

It honestly looks like someone at CDP have lost faith in DRM-Free and decided to fight piracy with FOMO, at the cost of paying customer satisfaction and the longevity of this content lol.
Post edited July 24, 2023 by SargonAelther
SargonAelther: This argument is the exact same used to justify always-online gaming. Don't you have the internet in 2023? Do you live in the middle of nowhere? Yeah, sure, we do have the internet. But YOU, dear Publisher, won't have YOUR stupid backbend online forever. That's the problem. That was always THE problem. This is why Hitman 2016 was banished and this is why some people are angry TWC3 and CP2077. It is a matter of game preservation. It is a matter of principle.
I get the principle, the only reason I buy games here is principle since I don't actually worry about Steam DRM. That store is way too big to fail out of the blue without people legitimately or otherwise preserving the games. I literally have zero concern about my Steam games being lost. If anything I worry more about GOG randomly 404ing someday, or GOG editions not being updated. So why do I buy everything on GOG that I can? The principle.

So we agree in spirit. However I just can't get myself to care about a Galaxy t-shirt in a game with a billion t-shirts. I never care when it's a pre-order bonus either, or a code on the side of a Mountain Dew can. In fact usually people around here would mock such things for even existing, and I agree with them. So despite the principle of it I just can't bring myself to spend the emotional energy being mad about it. Though here I am debating it, so what does that say about me I guess.

Anyway, this will be a cyclical argument on here for years. At the end of the day no one is even trying to sell AA and AAA games DRM free like GOG is, so I guess I try and cut them some slack rather than demanding 100% purity in all their endeavors. But hey, agree to disagree I suppose.
I had custom scripts in "local" folder of my mod. After upgrading to 4.04, they no longer work. Simply no longer reachable from modified game script files.

They worked without any problems in 4.03

UPDATE: My bad. Turns out, game update completely overwrites customized input.settings file. Restored my modifications and it works now.
Post edited July 30, 2023 by 0xfeeddeadbeef