It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Breja: lol

snowlflake

so witty

much richlind
richlind33: Get back to me when you can get "fuck off, dipshit" right. ;p
Get back to me when you can get anything other than that right.
Breja: lol

snowlflake

so witty

much richlind
Are you a spelling Nazi?
morolf: Are you a spelling Nazi?
Here comes Godwin.....
morolf: Are you a spelling Nazi?
richlind33: Here comes Godwin.....
Well, Hitler had plans for the Ukraine too, so it's not really off-topic.
Did you know that the Nazis renamed Simferopol and Sevastopol to Gotenburg and Theoderichhafen? Because the Goths had been there in antiquity/the middle ages.

Though tbh, the Crimea wasn't part of Ukraine back then.
Post edited November 19, 2017 by morolf
richlind33: Here comes Godwin.....
morolf: Well, Hitler had plans for the Ukraine too, so it's not really off-topic.
Did you know that the Nazis renamed Simferopol and Sevastopol to Gotenburg and Theoderichhafen? Because the Goths had been there in antiquity/the middle ages.
Hitler was a meth-head with a poo fetish.

Why can't we all just identify as human beings and put aside the ethnocentric BS that keeps us at each others' throats?
richlind33: Why can't we all just identify as human beings and put aside the ethnocentric BS that keeps us at each others' throats?
"Why can't we all get along?"...wasn't that what Rodney King said.
Personally I think that's an illusion, ethnicity will never go away. Obviously one should try to keep those issues from spiraling out of control and leading to mass violence...but people who believe they can just suppress or ignore ethnic feeling, are likely to create their own dystopia.
Post edited November 19, 2017 by morolf
richlind33: Why can't we all just identify as human beings and put aside the ethnocentric BS that keeps us at each others' throats?
morolf: "Why can't we all get along?"...wasn't that what Rodney King said.
Personally I think that's an illusion, ethnicity will never go away. Obviously one should try to keep those issues from spiraling out of control and leading to mass violence...but people who believe they can just suppress or ignore ethnic feeling, are likely to create their own dystopia.
Ethnicity and ethnocentricity are two different things, and it's the latter that's brought human evolution to a standstill.

Ethnic awareness is fine, but it's a huge mistake to give it greater significance than our human commonality.
richlind33: Ethnicity and ethnocentricity are two different things, and it's the latter that's brought human evolution to a standstill.

Ethnic awareness is fine, but it's a huge mistake to give it greater significance than our human commonality.
Well, excessive particularism is certainly dangerous, but imo today we've rather got too much of the opposite actually, an out of bounds universalism (though only in some ways, the identity politics promoted by "progressives" is pretty tribalist itself).
And even if you could somehow remove ethnicity, conflict over matters of religion and ideology would remain. Would you want to live in an Islamic system? Or a communist one? I certainly wouldn't.
richlind33: Ethnicity and ethnocentricity are two different things, and it's the latter that's brought human evolution to a standstill.

morolf: Well, excessive particularism is certainly dangerous, but imo today we've rather got too much of the opposite actually, an out of bounds universalism (though only in some ways, the identity politics promoted by "progressives" is pretty tribalist itself).
And even if you could somehow remove ethnicity, conflict over matters of religion and ideology would remain. Would you want to live in an Islamic system? Or a communist one? I certainly wouldn't.
Identity politics is antithetical to the appreciation of commonality, which IMO is the only possible basis for a society that values the rights of everyone, and it is for this reason that I consider "multiculturalism" to be a fraud, because underneath it's paper-thin veneer of progressive universalism, you find identity politics, and an economics that promotes indebtedness.
low rated
Roger Waters (one of the founders of Pink Floyd) was added to the list of enemies of Ukraine on Ukrainian website "Mirotvorets" (means "Peacemaker" in English).

This list is being used by SBU (ex-KGB basically) and other Ukrainian governmental and non-governmental (nazi batallions for example) to punish free speech and to censor media. Two people from this list (deputy Oleg Kalashnikov, writer/jornalist Oles Buzina) were killed by Ukrainian nazis.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180827170141/https://myrotvorets.center/criminal/uoters-rodzher/
low rated
31.08.2018:
Alexander Zaharchenko, the Leader of Donetsk People's Republic was killed by Ukrainian nazis.
Nazis planted powerful explosive device in a public cafe, where mourning event was going to be held (legendary Russian/Soviet singer, public figure and politician Joseph Kobzon died a day earlier).
Several suspects were arrested. They admitted they were sent by Ukraine.

In the past, Ukrainian nazis successfully were using assasinations to get rid of several well-known DPR/LPR commanders.
But they never killed public figures of such a high rank.
Due to the new rule https://www.gog.com/forum/general/attention_please_updated_forum_rules/page42

This thread will now be locked.