It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Extended support for our expanding catalog of Linux games

A happy day for all worshipers of the mighty penguin! Ubuntu 16.04 LTS has been released and is fully supported by GOG.com, making your Linux gaming experience smoother and more stable than ever before.

Alongside the 16.04 release GOG.com will of course continue to support 14.04, although we suggest keeping your system updated to minimize the risk of running into any issues. Our support also extends to any future non-LTS releases, official Ubuntu flavors (like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc.), and derivatives (e.g. Linux Mint, elementaryOS etc.), so as long as your operating system is part of the Ubuntu family, you have nothing to worry about. Naturally, our technical support and refund policy apply to all these versions.

Our brave QA team has been tirelessly testing the games in our Linux catalog and we're happy to report that nearly all of them are already fully compatible with Ubuntu 16.04. The very few temperamental ones are getting fixed soon, so keep an eye out for patches.

AMD Radeon users should remember that the fglrx driver is removed from this release and they should use the opensource driver that is included in 16.04 by default. Read more about it <span class="bold">here</span>.

If you find yourself in need of technical support or more details regarding Linux matters, head to this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>. All the information in it will be updated soon.

Happy upgrades!
The hilarity about this is that I doubt that many of the Linux users are actually using the supported distros. Desktop Linux as used in home environments is one of those cases where people aren't too reliant on support, and so they basically just take their chances. I believe that's actually the reason why GOG started offering distro-independent archives.

(I actually use Mint 17, but I suspect many of GOG's Linux users are rocking Debian or Arch. Maybe some are even running SteamOS)
That's nice! But lots of recent releases on GOG are missing their (existing!) Linux version. What's the point in pretending supporting Linux if you don't even release linux binaries? I do play a lot of AAA games on Linux that are on GOG (Age of Wonder 3, the Metro Redux series, Saints Row, ...) .... on Steam. I would love to buy them on GOG. Really, i would! But i buy games so that i can play them. Linux gamers are second-class customer on GOG. That's sad, but that's a fact. Come on, we are still waiting the Galaxy Client for Linux one year later! Of course there are always good reaso...excuses for a game not having its existing linux version on GOG but at the end it just means one thing: they don't care.
wonder if GOG would support this release: http://i.imgur.com/OwR1l7c.jpg

Ok I'll go sitt in the naughty corner
Post edited April 22, 2016 by te_lanus
low rated
WOW,,,,, I mean wow they are spending all this time checking to see if existing linux games support 16.04
What is the point, the linux selection on GOG stinks.

What a waste of time.
high rated
Can we get an update on when the Galaxy client is expected to release on Linux?
mobutu: great! ... but bring the existing linux variants for games also (metro etc)
This.
high rated
Grumpy Old Gamers™
jamyskis: The hilarity about this is that I doubt that many of the Linux users are actually using the supported distros. Desktop Linux as used in home environments is one of those cases where people aren't too reliant on support, and so they basically just take their chances. I believe that's actually the reason why GOG started offering distro-independent archives.

(I actually use Mint 17, but I suspect many of GOG's Linux users are rocking Debian or Arch. Maybe some are even running SteamOS)
And some weirdos may even run Gentoo. Like me. But I only use it for work for now. For gaming I built nice dedicated desktop comp, and managed to grab one of the last copies of windows 7 (it was pulled from the stores like week after I got it), a.k.a. thelastgoodoperatingsystemfromredmond. When that becomes too obsolete to run, I'll be glad to know that large (?) part of my library will still work natively, and hope that the rest will work with wine.

Thanks, GOG.
This is good, GOG, but it would be much better if you could add more titles to the Linux catalogue.
high rated
luxon00: Can we get an update on when the Galaxy client is expected to release on Linux?
No ETA for now, sorry.
Matruchus: Great news but it would be better if you brought the missing native Linux versions for Metro, Dying Light and other AAA titles. This is where you are most lacking.
It's not that we don't want to have them, it's that sometimes it's just beyond our capabilities.

park_84: This is good, GOG, but it would be much better if you could add more titles to the Linux catalogue.
We're working on it! We might have something good for our dear penguins in stash :)
Post edited April 22, 2016 by linuxvangog
Awesome! Thanks for your continuing support of Linux! :D
linuxvangog: It's not that we don't want to have them, it's that sometimes it's just beyond our capabilities.
Can you at least explain what is happening with Metro games linux version? I mean we know you have the linux game files (10 months now) for both games and its common knowledge that they run better on Linux then Windows.
Post edited April 22, 2016 by Matruchus
linuxvangog: We're working on it! We might have something good for our dear penguins in stash :)
How about a Linux version for PixelJunk Monsters HD? It's been on Ste... ehm, other distribution platforms since before I can remember.
Ok, thanks GOG and I respect your efforts in testing the current games with Linux binaries.
BUT, yeah, I won't repeat about missing DOSbox and already existing native games versions.
Besides this annoucement, Linux support here haven't been that great.
Let's get going, I'm still betting that the perfect environment for me (drm-free games and open source OS) is here.
Post edited April 22, 2016 by tokisto
high rated
linuxvangog: It's not that we don't want to have them, it's that sometimes it's just beyond our capabilities.
Matruchus: Can you at least explain what is happening with Metro games linux version? I mean we know you have the linux game files (10 months now) for both games and its common knowledge that they run better on Linux then Windows.
No details that I can share, sorry. But believe me, if it was that simple, you would have it already.