It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Extended support for our expanding catalog of Linux games

A happy day for all worshipers of the mighty penguin! Ubuntu 16.04 LTS has been released and is fully supported by GOG.com, making your Linux gaming experience smoother and more stable than ever before.

Alongside the 16.04 release GOG.com will of course continue to support 14.04, although we suggest keeping your system updated to minimize the risk of running into any issues. Our support also extends to any future non-LTS releases, official Ubuntu flavors (like Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc.), and derivatives (e.g. Linux Mint, elementaryOS etc.), so as long as your operating system is part of the Ubuntu family, you have nothing to worry about. Naturally, our technical support and refund policy apply to all these versions.

Our brave QA team has been tirelessly testing the games in our Linux catalog and we're happy to report that nearly all of them are already fully compatible with Ubuntu 16.04. The very few temperamental ones are getting fixed soon, so keep an eye out for patches.

AMD Radeon users should remember that the fglrx driver is removed from this release and they should use the opensource driver that is included in 16.04 by default. Read more about it <span class="bold">here</span>.

If you find yourself in need of technical support or more details regarding Linux matters, head to this <span class="bold">FAQ</span>. All the information in it will be updated soon.

Happy upgrades!
A few of the games come with a build script in addition to a DEB package.

That tends to work better with any distro.

The thing is that devs just want to package it up and go, and since the *buntu line is what the kids call "Linux" it's the go to for making one size fits all packages.

I remember it used to be RPMs that everything came in, and it was just as annoying, but you learn to live with it if the masses (mostly corporate then and mostly "leet haxorz" now) have a preference that doesn't align with your own.
jorlin: What's wrong with Btrfs, except that is still so new that almost no external major disk mount utility supports it?
I have been using it for 2 years now and I did no have any issues tied to the filesystem yet.
I can't accurately determine the free disk space, since the metadata information takes a lot of space. I need to rebalance the allocation from time to time. I wish "df" would provide accurate readings.

Also, the copy on write approach does not play nicely with swap files. I tried working around this using a loop device, but it would hang my machine after a while.

liamphoenix: I remember it used to be RPMs that everything came in, and it was just as annoying
Oh, I remember that too. When I was using Debian, I would see the tar.gz, an RPM and maybe another package (could be a DEB or a Slackware package, depending on what the developers were using).
Now that I don't use Debian anymore, I see DEBs for Ubuntu, that may not work on Debian.

Luckily AUR is quite nice in this regard, so I don't suffer too much.
So cool that Gog did a whole nice deal about "we'll fully support" Windows 10 and now "Ubuntu 16.04 4LIFE".
We don't see that happen too often, do we?
GOG folks sometimes do tend to make little mistakes here and there but the majority of their actions and decisions are superb! :P
Post edited April 27, 2016 by vicklemos
Sorry for necromancy, but there is an issue I would like to bring forward: When reporting an Issue, you cannot select Ubuntu 16.04 because it simply does not show up in the list of Operating Systems.
Please select Ubuntu 14.04 for now. We're aware of the issue, and will be fixing it soon!