It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
frogthroat: I kind of play them a lot. Since the first one came out.
I also play them every now and then, and other games I like(System Shock 2/etc) as well.

frogthroat: It's a two evening game. Well, I was already on Monkey Island when I was planning on going to sleep so I decided to finish it. So technically, two and a half evening game.
I was just kidding a bit with ya. I know it can be finished in a short time....I just like to take my time with games in general, is all. :)
(plus I also like trying every item with everything in such games, which can take awhile)
Post edited July 03, 2021 by GamezRanker
Think it's time to replay Lands of Lore 2. i.e. Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny, which both Mobygames and Wikipedia have listed as a 1997 release.

I love how many secrets there are in this game, you can tell that the developers really enjoyed creating the game world. Perhaps I'll finally try the evil Luther run...

Here are a few pics of some easily missed things to do\scenes\areas in the early zones of the game, including the hard to find Draracle's Museum treasure\teleporter area.
Attachments:
zap.jpg (489 Kb)
kenneth.jpg (476 Kb)
treasure.jpg (301 Kb)
Post edited July 04, 2021 by Crimson_T
GamezRanker: .I just like to take my time with games in general, is all. :)
My second playthrough is usually way faster. And third is already routine. I don't even need to think what to do in Goodsprings any more.

But my first playthrough, my first playthrough is often about the double of what How Long To Beat says the completionist time is. Especially in open world games. Case in point: Haven't even played NG+ in Biomutant, and yet...
Attachments:
Well, just finished the game. I enjoy it every time I replay it, even though by this point I'm basically playing on autopilot. The first time I played it, it seemed so nice but so daunting, I didn't even finish it until some time later, after a new start. But I never try to spedrun it, that just defeats the purpose I think. There are so many great laughs to be had, even years later.
Attachments:
Matewis: What a splendid year. Blade Runner especially, for anyone in the mood for an outstanding adventure game.
Exactly! Regarding Blade Runner – I've completed the game shortly after GOG re-release (for the first time ever) and it's still a masterpiece, really.

However for me 1997 is Fallout – it's my beloved crpg and probably the first one I've really engaged in and completed; my whole crpgs' fascination starts here. However I played Fallout for the first time long after its '97 release.

IXOXI: Three years ago I finished two fantastic games Theme Hospital (...)
So it is possible to finish this game?? I was sure its difficulty level skyrockets at some point and no chance for that.
InkPanther's screenshots added above confirms my theory ;)

cryware: ...
bluethief: ...
Thanks for joining and – good luck!

frogthroat: ...
Congratulations! (:
ResidentLeever: ...
Thank you!! Added.
Ignition looks like '96. It's sad that so much of these are missing here – as Gran Turismo, Lost Vikings, Need for Speed or Myth II...

Cadaver747: Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1997) - developed by Legend Entertainment / published by Take-Two Interactive
Never heard of this – thanks!

foxgog: I think, the gamepage from Links LS: 1998 Edition contains an error with respect to its release date! Many sports games do refer in their title to the correspondent upcoming 'season' or year in order to not be 'outdated' when available on shelves, or otherwise almost no one would buy them.
Added, thanks!

Titanium: ...
Congrats! Marked as ★ in OP :)

Crimson_T: Think it's time to replay Lands of Lore 2. i.e. Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny, which both Mobygames and Wikipedia have listed as a 1997 release.
Yes! That's the idea! I've completed Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos (played for the first time ever) in 2017. And I really liked it (link).
I started the sequel, Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny, but for some reason dropped it after and hour or so. I think I should go back there – looks like a good opportunity now.

I also regret I haven't purchased Riven using a recent newsletter discount. It's on '97 list and may be a good moment to play. I've only played the very first, classic Myst from the series. I'm still waiting for a good GOG deal to take them all.
low rated
frogthroat: My second playthrough is usually way faster. And third is already routine. I don't even need to think what to do in Goodsprings any more.
Even on my nth re-play of System Shock 2, I still take my time.....I like to take things a bit slower in general, though. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-

Titanium: The first time I played it, it seemed so nice but so daunting, I didn't even finish it until some time later, after a new start.
You too(restarting I mean)? I had to restart that and other games over the years to finally complete them, due to reasons like PC failures/data loss/etc.

Titanium: But I never try to speedrun it, that just defeats the purpose I think. There are so many great laughs to be had, even years later.
Yeah, I like to try everything with everything.

As for me: I am still playing(ya scallywags beat yer own cap'n o.0) due to being busy IRL with other games and etc, but i'll get it done soon enough :)
Post edited July 04, 2021 by GamezRanker
GamezRanker: You too(restarting I mean)? I had to restart that and other games over the years to finally complete them, due to reasons like PC failures/data loss/etc.
It happens sometimes with adventure games. In general, I eventually finish everything I start, but sometimes I get frustrated or fed up for one reason or another, and very rarely do I use a walkthrough (especially before mainstream internet, when finding one was a bit tricky). Then I leave it as is and after some time passes, I just start from the beginning to where I got stuck. This usually breaks the seal and gets me to the finish line.
IXOXI: Three years ago I finished two fantastic games Theme Hospital (...)
ciemnogrodzianin: So it is possible to finish this game?? I was sure its difficulty level skyrockets at some point and no chance for that.
InkPanther's screenshots added above confirms my theory ;)
Yes, it is posible, but in last levels is present one really unpleasant bug which can spoil you the whole game... in operating theater can "stuck" doctor what will cause, that this room is permanently block and patients cannot enter...

In this case I had to save and load many times to have bugless hospital...
low rated
Titanium: It happens sometimes with adventure games. In general, I eventually finish everything I start, but sometimes I get frustrated or fed up for one reason or another, and very rarely do I use a walkthrough (especially before mainstream internet, when finding one was a bit tricky). Then I leave it as is and after some time passes, I just start from the beginning to where I got stuck. This usually breaks the seal and gets me to the finish line.

So you'd say you push it to the limit when replaying a game? ;)
(note to others: YT movie clip with some swearing)
As for me: sometimes I get to a part in a game that is daunting due to my mental issues/etc(too many choices or too open a world, for example), or I just want to play something else for a bit....and then when I go back I am too "disconnected" from the game so I restart. Often that gets me to the finish line of said game.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Thread Update

Switching tracks for a short bit, to another grand game: Blood
This is a game I near love to death, one of my favorite FPSs of that era even.
Some pics:

1 - Have to shake the cobwebs clear(after being gone for so long), and off we go
2 - So many secrets, so little time...this one, one might say, is for the birds
3 - So many ungrateful employees around this here funeral home....gotta send some of em to HR.
4 - Ah, back again at last
Attachments:
Post edited July 04, 2021 by GamezRanker
Hi, if i am on time to join to this month i would be in with:

- Blade Runner

- The city of the Lost Children
Do you know this game based on the movie?

- Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Is it possible to play this game without playing the previous Zork games?
Post edited July 05, 2021 by argamasa
Thanks for joining – and for the ambitious goals, as always :D

argamasa: - Zork: Grand Inquisitor
Is it possible to play this game without playing the previous Zork games?
Good question. I'm still waiting for a good opportunity to purchase the whole series and play it from the beginning, but (considering how old-school the first games in the series are) I doubt it's a good strategy and I guess it can/should be skipped.
Could be fun to revisit some classics here. Sign me up for:

Blade Runner
Earth 2040 Trilogy
Fallout (play it at least, I might finish it if I get the time for it. I can't quite "finish" rpgs... :D)
sanscript: Fallout (play it at least, I might finish it if I get the time for it. I can't quite "finish" rpgs... :D)
Fallout is pretty short, not one of those 100 hour monsters.
low rated
argamasa: - The city of the Lost Children
Do you know this game based on the movie?
I actually have the boxed version of this game somewhere. I bought it in a thrift store long long ago.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Time Travel Update

5 - Trying to make my way to by ex-boss.....ticket sellers were a bit of a pain, and the manager was no help, so Caleb and I stopped for something to wet our whistle

6 - Finally caught our train, but with all the frequent stops it's been not much more fun for Caleb and I than before. Oh well, at least we can enjoy a tasty beverage....once the staff vacate the bar, that is.

7 - Caleb decides to get a snack from the kitchen before heading upstairs to do his business

8 - Our train had some....unexpected difficulties....and had to make a stop at a brand new station. Oh well, seems like fun is in store for us if the signs are any indication

9 - Seems we were right....minus a few unpleasant types, the games and rides were a hoot.
(Also we got to meet Jojo....Jojo...JOJO!!!)
Attachments:
8-funahoy.jpg (402 Kb)