It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Some other 1997 games worth checking out:
Age of Empires
Ace Combat 2
Alundra
Azure Dreams
Blast Corps
Breath of Fire III
Broken Sword II
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
Colony Wars
Crash Bandicoot 2
Diddy Kong Racing
Vampire Savior
Dodonpachi
Einhänder
Final Fantasy Tactics
G-Darius
Ganpuru/Gunple
GoldenEye 007
Gran Turismo
Grandia
Ignition
Klonoa
Lost Vikings II
Marvel Super Heroes vs. SF
Mega Man Legends
Mega Man X4
Mischief Makers
Mystical Ninja starring Goemon
Myth II
Need for Speed II
Real Bout Fatal Fury Special
Shining Force III
Star Fox 64
Super Bomberman 5
Tales of Destiny
Tekken 3
King of Fighters '97
Thunder Force V
Tomb Raider II
Tomba!
Ultima Online
Post edited July 01, 2021 by ResidentLeever
I'm in. Please consider me with Mortal Kombat 4 and Dungeon Keeper Gold
Callahan's Crosstime Saloon (1997) - developed by Legend Entertainment / published by Take-Two Interactive
Post edited July 01, 2021 by Cadaver747
Probably just an observer on this one. There are a handful of games listed here I have and haven't played yet but nothing that is really drawing me right now.
A little sidenote:
Dear time travellers! There is a new idea for the next (September?) trip - to make it driven by random number generator :) You accept the challenge and RNG chooses your direction from between 1985 and 2020. Please, let me know what do you think (please, comment in Departures thread).
We pride ourselves on our unsurpassed medical standards, spotless working environment and high comfort of our patients.
I mean, we're mediocre at best, and there's a good chance you're gonna die, if not from your ailment, then from old age waiting to be diagnosed and treated.
Attachments:
big_mess.png (325 Kb)
board.png (413 Kb)
PetrusOctavianus: Hmm....I was checking my chronological play list (currently in 2001) and my first reaction was that 1997 was a weak year, at least for me who likes CRPG, TBS and FPS games.

Overall I found the FPS games from 1997 rather meh. Couldn't get into Blood, Shadow Warrior, Redneck Rampage or Dark Forces 2.
Carradice: Indeed. So many great games. It is amazing that all of them came out in the same year. From Fallout to X-Com: Apocalypse to The Last Express to Imperialism to Oddworld to Emperor of the Fading Suns to... you name it.
Last year I finished Blade Runner (played it twice to see three different endings – it is not possible to recommend this game enough) and STAR WARS Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (mediocre in my opinion).

Three years ago I finished two fantastic games Theme Hospital and X-Com Apocalypse, it is funny because neither one of them was ever finished, but it does not spoil ones fun experience and both has ending with outro etc.

Further to the past I finished also Shadow Warrior including both datadiscs where I enjoy creators sense of humor and Fallout which was unique experience even a few years after the release.

Also enjoyed many games from the list as Carmageddon Max Pack, Constructor, Dark Reign, Dungeon Keeper, Earth 2140 (current version seems buggy to me, but this game was always pain to make it running properly), Fragile Allegiance, KKND, Total Annihilation (this is a must for all RTS lovers), Age of Empires (always love more Rise of Rome expansion, it would be nice to see it on GoG), Ignition and Need for Speed II.

Looking forward to try following games Betrayal in Antara and Panzer General 2 which I had only demo. Currently I play Witcher 3 GOTY and since I follow rule one game at a time, I will probably not join, but as you could read I can recommend many games from 1997 – it was first year when I had access to IBM 100% compatible PC!
Post edited July 01, 2021 by IXOXI
Avast! Them lovebirds arrived to the harbour of matrimony. What a voyage that was.
Attachments:
After beating Quake in my trip to 1996, there's only one one way 1997 can go, and that's with Quake II!!!
low rated
frogthroat: Avast! Them lovebirds arrived to the harbour of matrimony. What a voyage that was.
Whaaa....finished already?!? I think I be smellin' shenanigans here.

(Even LeChuck be wondering.....hence the first pic below)
Oh well, must be my imagination.....I mean everyone knows we should still be at the grand old start of the game :)

Some pics of my own journey:

1 - That be the second best adventure game title intro placement i've ever seen.

2 - There be something smoking hot in that pic.....also Elaine is quite the looker as well. :)

3 - Is this gonna be a short game, then? o.0 ;)

4 - We meet one very puny pirate and a cannon with a very fat....posterior
Attachments:
IXOXI: Age of Empires (always love more Rise of Rome expansion, it would be nice to see it on GoG)
What really irritated me about the original AoE campaigns was the absurdly low unit limit of 50 units. When you factored in that you needed at least around 20 workers and some catapults against walls and towers, your actual fighting army was usually really small (even worse on maps with water, where you had to build triremes and transports). imo this really damaged the gameplay in those campaigns. The higher unit limit in AoE 2 was more enjoyable.
Obviously not a problem in multiplayer, but unfortunately I never got to play that in AoE.
ciemnogrodzianin: Destination: 1997 | the year of Fallout
Travel time: July-August 2021
(...)
I've built the list of games on the basis of GOG's data. I hope you'll help me a bit with adding the missing titles and removing those belonging to other years.
Hello ciemnogrodzianin!

May I suggest to add one title to your list of GOG.com games from the year 1997?

I think, the gamepage from Links LS: 1998 Edition contains an error with respect to its release date! Many sports games do refer in their title to the correspondent upcoming 'season' or year in order to not be 'outdated' when available on shelves, or otherwise almost no one would buy them.

Both mobygames.com and ogdb.eu imply with their cover and disc label images that "Links LS 1998 Edition" was actually released one year earlier on June 30th, 1997. Thus, qualifying for this month(s) time travel!

Since, I had some unforseen interferences (both with my health and some distractions), I am going to continue a bit more with my two games from 1996 ("Fade to Black" & "Wipeout 2097" on PS1) before stepping into 1997.

But "Links LS: 1998 Edition" (and maybe one or two of its brethren) might be a nice pick for me afterwards, because it would be my first time playing a Links game! (Later on I would like to decide on a potential other secondary candidate for this period.)

Kind regards,
foxgog
I'm progressing steadily through CMI, not running super quick, but I'm definitely going places.

Unfortunately, I don't have my original boxed version of the game any more, that thing got lost somehow quite a few years ago, but I did get a later release in a DVD case (Lucasarts Classic), so here it is, for some nostalgic value.
Attachments:
Post edited July 03, 2021 by Titanium
low rated
Titanium: I'm progressing steadily through CMI, not running super quick, but I'm definitely going places.
And me as well....sadly tho they seem to be full of demons and curses and whatnot, but I be making do the best I can. :)

Titanium: Unfortunately, I don't have my original boxed version of the game any more, that thing got lost somehow quite a few years ago, but I did get a later release in a DVD case (Lucasarts Classic), so here it is, for some nostalgic value.
I have an original jewel case of the game(cds and manual) somewhere....can't find it atm, though(too much stuff to dig through).

-=-=-=-=-

(to the thread)Some more pics of me own journey:

5 - A pint sized pirate offers some very sage advice on pirating.

6 - LeChuck shows off his "caring side" for a bit.

7 - Time for Guybrush to bust on outta here....

8 - And Elaine makes another appearance, showing off a gamut of expressions.
(player's note: dat lip bite, tho)

9 - Wally appears once again as well, this time to offer some not so sage advice, right before we get launched clear into Part 2.
Attachments:
GamezRanker: Whaaa....finished already?!? I think I be smellin' shenanigans here.
It's a two evening game. Well, I was already on Monkey Island when I was planning on going to sleep so I decided to finish it. So technically, two and a half evening game.

Monkey Island 2 is a one evening game.

I kind of play them a lot. Since the first one came out.