It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Welcome to the first Throwback Thursday of the year! To kickstart this 2022 edition, we thought we'd do a quick recap of the initiative for those of you who are new to the initiative or aren't sure what it is.

The Throwback Thursday project is a weekly recommendation series, done in cooperation with The Video Games History Foundation. In it, both members of our GOG team and people from the foundation recommend classic games dear to their hearts. The posts come with a short summary of the game, and a few kind sentences from one of their fan, so that you can feel that special connection. Critically acclaimed or not, it's games we love and remember for our own personal, and believe are worth highlighting again! The testimonials are also visible on the game pages themselves, and you can find all previous games we've written about, on this page.

The goal is to recommend you great games you might have missed, showcasing the sincere love we all share for classics and getting you more familiar with a few faces from GOG! On top of that, it's our opportunity to talk to you about our friends and partners, The Video Games History Foundation. It's a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving, celebrating, and teaching the history of video games, and you can learn more about it in an interview with their founder, right here.

We hope to make you (re)discover many classics in 2022, so stay tuned for us and let us know in comments what game is dear to your heart, maybe we'll write about that one!
Night Dive Studios is teasing possibility of some more classic video games from the 1990's that they might remaster.

I am going to go with QUAKE II. I do wish Night Dive Studios will remaster the Alien video games.

My dream of seeing on a Thursday get released for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com is the No One Lives Forever video games.

A really really big dream. MicroSoft releases Age of Empires 1 original version for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com.
Johnathanamz: Night Dive Studios is teasing possibility of some more classic video games from the 1990's that they might remaster.

I am going to go with QUAKE II. I do wish Night Dive Studios will remaster the Alien video games.

My dream of seeing on a Thursday get released for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com is the No One Lives Forever video games.

A really really big dream. MicroSoft releases Age of Empires 1 original version for sale 100% Digital Rights Management (DRM) free on gog.com.
The Way the rights are with the No One Lives Forever series you may have a better shot at spotting a Unicorn.
I forgot about this kept forgetting to do it every Thursday.

Now that we have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim selling on gog.com, I hope very much that MicroSoft and Bethesda Softworks includes original version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.

I hope very much that MicroSoft and Bethesda Softworks releases the original version of Doom 3 as well.

I hope THQ Nordic releases the original version of Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light.

I hope MicroSoft releases for sale the original version of Age of Empires 1.

I hope Electronic Arts (EA) releases the original version of Command & Conquer 1 and Command & Conquer Red Alert for sale on gog.com.

Who knows we might see one of these video games appear on gog.com now since we have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim now.
Johnathanamz: I forgot about this kept forgetting to do it every Thursday.

Now that we have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim selling on gog.com, I hope very much that MicroSoft and Bethesda Softworks includes original version of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim with The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition.

I hope very much that MicroSoft and Bethesda Softworks releases the original version of Doom 3 as well.

I hope THQ Nordic releases the original version of Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light.

I hope Electronic Arts (EA) releases the original version of Command & Conquer 1 and Command & Conquer Red Alert for sale on gog.com.

Who knows we might see one of these video games appear on gog.com now since we have The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim now.
No point having original version of Command & Conquer 1 and Command & Conquer Red Alert on GOG when their 100% free.
Post edited October 07, 2022 by Syphon72
Johnathanamz: I forgot about this kept forgetting to do it every Thursday.

Syphon72: No point having original version of Command & Conquer 1 and Command & Conquer Red Alert on GOG when their 100% free.
I would prefer to purchase them from gog.com than have them free on some web site or included with the purchase of the Command & Conquer Remastered Collection.