It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Falci: Did the wishlist break recently? Mine had 30 games just before the "Most wishlisted sale", then it reduced to 29, later I added a single extra one and today it's down to 28.

I haven't really noticed what is missing (I'm not exactly keeping track of 30 games I don't own), if there is anything missing at all, but I find it really weird that the counter is changing by it self.
Possibly... I do keep track, have the titles in a file too (along with lowest price and the the type of regional pricing, to see how few I'd actually be willing to buy), and see 78 in file, 76 on GOG now that you said it. Check, War for the Overworld and WftO: Heart of Gold were missing, those being the last 2 I had added after the Anniversary Edition was removed. So check whether just what you last added is still there first?
Falci: Did the wishlist break recently? Mine had 30 games just before the "Most wishlisted sale", then it reduced to 29, later I added a single extra one and today it's down to 28.

I haven't really noticed what is missing (I'm not exactly keeping track of 30 games I don't own), if there is anything missing at all, but I find it really weird that the counter is changing by it self.
Did you happen to have Battletech in wishlist? If so it disappeared when the pre-order version was removed from the store and current versions were added.

Olauron: Did you happen to have Battletech in wishlist? If so it disappeared when the pre-order version was removed from the store and current versions were added.
Oh, that is correct. So it's probably games/versions being removed here and there without notice.

Thanks!
Post edited April 27, 2018 by Falci
Trying to upload an image I recently always get this alert:

Wrong file format!<script>var request = new XMLHttpRequest();request.open("GET", "/userData.json");request.addEventListener("load", function() { var meta = document.head.querySelector("meta[name=BFM-meta-rnd-id-1524867217773-190275]"); meta.setAttribute("value", JSON.stringify({status: this.status, statusText: this.statusText, responseText: this.responseText}));});request.addEventListener("error", function() { var meta = document.head.querySelector("meta[name=BFM-meta-rnd-id-1524867217773-190275]"); meta.setAttribute("value", JSON.stringify({status: this.status, statusText: this.statusText, responseText: this.responseText}));});request.send();</script>

What the hell... obviously work for other people still.
toxicTom: Trying to upload an image I recently always get this alert:

Wrong file format!<script>var request = new XMLHttpRequest();request.open("GET", "/userData.json");request.addEventListener("load", function() { var meta = document.head.querySelector("meta[name=BFM-meta-rnd-id-1524867217773-190275]"); meta.setAttribute("value", JSON.stringify({status: this.status, statusText: this.statusText, responseText: this.responseText}));});request.addEventListener("error", function() { var meta = document.head.querySelector("meta[name=BFM-meta-rnd-id-1524867217773-190275]"); meta.setAttribute("value", JSON.stringify({status: this.status, statusText: this.statusText, responseText: this.responseText}));});request.send();</script>

What the hell... obviously work for other people still.
Are you trying to upload a file with the extension .JPG or .JPEG instead of .jpg or .jpeg? For some reason, the forum software doesn't like it when the extension is capitalized.
finkleroy: Are you trying to upload a file with the extension .JPG or .JPEG instead of .jpg or .jpeg? For some reason, the forum software doesn't like it when the extension is capitalized.
Seriously???
Ok, it hasn't always been this way... but you're right, tried to upload a screenshot from Windows snipping tool which saves as JPG...
Another thing that.. broke, since I've done that before no prob...

Much ta! I'd never had guessed that could be the problem.
toxicTom: Seriously???
Ok, it hasn't always been this way... but you're right, tried to upload a screenshot from Windows snipping tool which saves as JPG...
Another thing that.. broke, since I've done that before no prob...

Much ta! I'd never had guessed that could be the problem.
And I bet that you're not surprised to hear that it's like this for a long time now.
HypersomniacLive: And I bet that you're not surprised to hear that it's like this for a long time now.
I rarely upload stuff... But no, I'm not surprised.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: So, in typical GOG fashion scrap something useful and working well, and replace it with something meh that nobody asked for.

It doesn't tell you what replies you have, it's just another link to the "My posts" page that blinks every time someone replies to you.

GOG's really taking the piss.
Bumping this as I've created a community wishlist entry for the forum replies notifications return into the bell.

If you'd like the change reverted, please vote here, and consider also filing a support ticket.
Bug #1: The purple dot (notification) for Forum replies is always there.

Bug #2: After turned off profile, the gray text in https://www.gog.com/account/settings/privacy still showed PROFILE ENABLED
ZFR: Still doesn't work from PC. This has been happening long enough to warrant a support ticket.
HypersomniacLive: Any news on this?
Well after a month it finally got solved. Not by GOG, it's just that I'm back in Ireland.

Before that, whenever I wanted to start a new thread I had to get off wifi and connect to my phone's data.
high rated
ZFR: Well after a month it finally got solved. Not by GOG, it's just that I'm back in Ireland.

Before that, whenever I wanted to start a new thread I had to get off wifi and connect to my phone's data.
That's pretty odd. I assume that your phone data provider is located in Ireland? If so, is this at least an indication that the ability to start new threads is limited when one's travelling due to being perceived/interpreted as circumventing one's actual location of residence? Very odd.

kbnrylaec: [...] Bug #2: After turned off profile, the gray text in https://www.gog.com/account/settings/privacy still showed PROFILE ENABLED
It's not a bug in the traditional sense. It's just poorly labelled/implemented when the setting's supposed to be working similarly to the visibility one; it would be clearer if it was named something like "profile status", and text that changed from "enabled' when the box is ticked to "disabled" when unticked was added. Or, you know, make it, as well as the visibility setting, like the rest with a drop down menu. But inconsistency is the only thing GOG is consistent at.
ZFR: Well after a month it finally got solved. Not by GOG, it's just that I'm back in Ireland.

HypersomniacLive: That's pretty odd. I assume that your phone data provider is located in Ireland? If so, is this at least an indication that the ability to start new threads is limited when one's travelling due to being perceived/interpreted as circumventing one's actual location of residence? Very odd.
No. It was a US phone provider. Also it worked fine when I connected to other wifi, like the greyhound bus wifi, some shop's wifi... etc. It's just our home wifi that was like that. According to the guy who handled my ticket, the IP wasn't blacklisted.

HypersomniacLive: That's pretty odd. I assume that your phone data provider is located in Ireland? If so, is this at least an indication that the ability to start new threads is limited when one's travelling due to being perceived/interpreted as circumventing one's actual location of residence? Very odd.

kbnrylaec: [...] Bug #2: After turned off profile, the gray text in https://www.gog.com/account/settings/privacy still showed PROFILE ENABLED
HypersomniacLive: It's not a bug in the traditional sense. It's just poorly labelled/implemented when the setting's supposed to be working similarly to the visibility one; it would be clearer if it was named something like "profile status", and text that changed from "enabled' when the box is ticked to "disabled" when unticked was added. Or, you know, make it, as well as the visibility setting, like the rest with a drop down menu. But inconsistency is the only thing GOG is consistent at.
Personally, the visibility setting was always confusing. GOG just recently made it a little bit less confusing. The confusing part for me is when the text changes. For me, it needs to stay the same. Especially when I come back a long time later, I'll think I need to switch it to make it be what I want. Then I don't know which way is correct. And that checkbox. That doesn't feel like a suitable toggle button for that sort of setting.

I think in both settings, the visibility and the profile, what would work for me better than a checkbox is a set of two radio buttons. One for "Yes" and the other for "No". Then it wouldn't matter so much the phrasing of the description they chose, just as long as they don't change the phrasing when the option is toggled. Though, I think the past tense is unnecessary, perhaps "Enable Profile", or just "Profile".
-----
Enable Profile:   Yes   No

Visible:   Yes   No
Allow searching on GOG.com to find me via friends recommendations, email, and username.
(But don't change the description when the selection changes! I believe the selected "yes" or "no" radio buttons suffice to indicate what is going on.)
-----
Profile:   On   Off

Searchable:   On   Off
Allow searching on GOG.com to find me via friends recommendations, email, and username.
high rated
thomq: Personally, the visibility setting was always confusing. GOG just recently made it a little bit less confusing. The confusing part for me is when the text changes. For me, it needs to stay the same. Especially when I come back a long time later, I'll think I need to switch it to make it be what I want. Then I don't know which way is correct. And that checkbox. That doesn't feel like a suitable toggle button for that sort of setting.

I think in both settings, the visibility and the profile, what would work for me better than a checkbox is a set of two radio buttons. One for "Yes" and the other for "No". Then it wouldn't matter so much the phrasing of the description they chose, just as long as they don't change the phrasing when the option is toggled. Though, I think the past tense is unnecessary, perhaps "Enable Profile", or just "Profile".
-----
Enable Profile:   Yes   No

Visible:   Yes   No
(But don't change the description when the selection changes! I believe the selected "yes" or "no" radio buttons suffice to indicate what is going on.)
-----
Profile:   On   Off

Searchable:   On   Off
I don't disagree with you, those are reasonable and clear alternatives. Drop down menus with those options would also work, and all settings would have a homogeneous UI. I hope they reconsider, unfortunately, I'm inclined to think that the current design is deliberate, and not mere inconsistency; it conditions one to tick the check-boxes which, of course, would have the opposite result of what one wants, but would result to what GOG prefers/wants.