It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just read about another forum problem.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post66031

and

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post66033

GOG really what are you doing? Everyday a new game is all right - everyday a new bug is not.
MarkoH01: Just read about another forum problem.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post66031

and

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/gaming_deals_thread/post66033

GOG really what are you doing? Everyday a new game is all right - everyday a new bug is not.
Probably best to whisper into Johny.'s ear, like you did about the 91 issue?
HypersomniacLive: Probably best to whisper into Johny.'s ear, like you did about the 91 issue?
Using the power of copy and paste I just whispered. But I doubt he will still listen because his weekend probably already has begun :)
high rated
MarkoH01: Using the power of copy and paste I just whispered. But I doubt he will still listen because his weekend probably already has begun :)
I had no idea he gets deaf over the weekends. Poor chap.
MarkoH01: Using the power of copy and paste I just whispered. But I doubt he will still listen because his weekend probably already has begun :)
HypersomniacLive: I had no idea he gets deaf over the weekends. Poor chap.
Some turn into werewolfes and some don't hear a thing anymore cruel but sometimes it just happens :D
MarkoH01: Some turn into werewolfes and some don't hear a thing anymore cruel but sometimes it just happens :D
No vampires or zombies? Meh.
Is anyone else having issues with non galaxy installers giving bugged exe to launch game when it is done installing? all the doom's and other dosbox games seem to have the launchers from the game folder removed and I cant seem to ad a shortcut to start menu on windows from the folder.

I really hate these new installers so damn much it makes me not want to buy games here due to the issues I been having.
I have to launch the game from the damn installed location every time I want to play it which is driving me fucking nuts

Update, I cant even pin the game to my sidebar anymore it wont even pin or create some odd bugged windows launcher that does nothing.
Attachments:
image_1.jpg (231 Kb)
image_2.jpg (190 Kb)
image_3.jpg (303 Kb)
Post edited August 25, 2017 by UnrealQuakie
For me, the "Popular" tab on the front page has been broken for the last day (that I've noticed; I suppose it could be longer). The top 25 have been virtually set in stone for the entire time, changing little if at all; neither of the new id games is even there (which is what first tipped me off that something might be amiss).
However, where it really gets weird is when you hit "more popular" at the bottom, which loads a seemingly random mish-mash of games and DLC, many of which are half-forgotten indies that have been out for months, and haven't been discounted for ages; there's even free items and not-for-sale-yet upcoming titles in the list! (Like the top 25, though, this random-seeming mish-mash is fixed, everything appearing in the same order (AFAICT) every time.)

The rankings of games using "By popularity" sort order on the catalogue page are also frozen, but unlike the front page tab, everything after the 25th title is actually believeable, based on recent sales, releases and pre-order announcements; but it's clearly not up-to-date.
Edit: GOG just fixed what I was ranting about ...
Post edited August 28, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Edit: GOG just fixed what I was ranting about ...
Curious now, what were you ranting about?
MarkoH01: Edit: GOG just fixed what I was ranting about ...
HypersomniacLive: Curious now, what were you ranting about?
I just saw a post of me in a thread I was hosting which was hardly recognizable anymore. Just codeparts and special signs and it was just looking like garbage. It was even hard to see what the content of the post was. So I postet this here and I was ranting to GOG to finally fix the forum bcause I am really tired of this just to prevent some spammers to post here (which I wouuld simply ignore and move on btw). A few seconds after I posted my garbage it turned back to a normal post meaning that it was obviously just temporary. Because of this I am also not able to show you how it looked before anymore. But you can still get a glimpse of this post by looking at the first sentences here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/sammelthread_zu_deutschmods_und_sprachpatches_fur_spiele_die_hier_nur_auf_englisch_erhaltlich_sin/post1

It's German so don't mind the language but you can see that these are not just letters. This once was a perfectly readable and perfectly formatted post. It was the OP for my list so I spent much time to get it as perfect as possible with several hyperlinks ect. Now it just looks like crap.
MarkoH01: It's German so don't mind the language but you can see that these are not just letters. This once was a perfectly readable and perfectly formatted post. It was the OP for my list so I spent much time to get it as perfect as possible with several hyperlinks ect. Now it just looks like crap.
I am hoping they are working on fixing it. My thread looks ridiculous.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/upcoming_gog_releases_2017_thread/page1

The hope is, since their links also are affected (in their news posts), they will rectify the situation faster than the 91 problem.
MarkoH01: It's German so don't mind the language but you can see that these are not just letters. This once was a perfectly readable and perfectly formatted post. It was the OP for my list so I spent much time to get it as perfect as possible with several hyperlinks ect. Now it just looks like crap.
metricfun: I am hoping they are working on fixing it. My thread looks ridiculous.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/upcoming_gog_releases_2017_thread/page1

The hope is, since their links also are affected (in their news posts), they will rectify the situation faster than the 91 problem.
So you can relate. In addition to this also the German Umlaute meanings special German signs like ö,ä,ü were not shown correctly in hyperlinks anymore. At the moment this thing is pretty broken.
UnrealQuakie: Is anyone else having issues with non galaxy installers giving bugged exe to launch game when it is done installing? all the doom's and other dosbox games seem to have the launchers from the game folder removed and I cant seem to ad a shortcut to start menu on windows from the folder.

I really hate these new installers so damn much it makes me not want to buy games here due to the issues I been having.
I have to launch the game from the damn installed location every time I want to play it which is driving me fucking nuts

Update, I cant even pin the game to my sidebar anymore it wont even pin or create some odd bugged windows launcher that does nothing.
Just downloaded Final Doom (without Galaxy via browser) and installed it on win7 because I don't own win10. Created shortcut on desktop as well as the menu entrys in start menu. Started without any problems. Maybe this is win10 sepcific?
MarkoH01: I just saw a post of me in a thread I was hosting which was hardly recognizable anymore. Just codeparts and special signs and it was just looking like garbage. It was even hard to see what the content of the post was. So I postet this here and I was ranting to GOG to finally fix the forum bcause I am really tired of this just to prevent some spammers to post here (which I wouuld simply ignore and move on btw). A few seconds after I posted my garbage it turned back to a normal post meaning that it was obviously just temporary. Because of this I am also not able to show you how it looked before anymore. But you can still get a glimpse of this post by looking at the first sentences here:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general_de/sammelthread_zu_deutschmods_und_sprachpatches_fur_spiele_die_hier_nur_auf_englisch_erhaltlich_sin/post1

It's German so don't mind the language but you can see that these are not just letters. This once was a perfectly readable and perfectly formatted post. It was the OP for my list so I spent much time to get it as perfect as possible with several hyperlinks ect. Now it just looks like crap.
I don't mind it's in German, I can read it just fine.

I'm not sure which part of the broken mess they've created they fixed, but bold, italics and underline still don't work as should within hyperlinks (many of my links in the "What did just update" thread are a bloody illegible mess). Which affects GOG's own NEWS threads, but hey, why bother, they put a band-aid on the security issue, so all's good, right? Right?!
HypersomniacLive: I'm not sure which part of the broken mess they've created they fixed, but bold, italics and underline still don't work as should within hyperlinks (many of my links in the "What did just update" thread are a bloody illegible mess). Which affects GOG's own NEWS threads, but hey, why bother, they put a band-aid on the security issue, so all's good, right? Right?!
It's the same kind of incomprehensible error that a quick fix like the 91 mess brought. In my thread I don't use bold, italic or underline in my links and they still are looking like hell. I only use their "url" "/url" tags without nothing fancy and the whole thing looks like... nothing. *shrugs*