It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

sunshinecorp: I sure don't. All the evidence so far has been underwhelming.
mikopotato: Who knows, one of the evidence might be crucial.

e.g:
Evidence from the car = It's whitemane car, theres a gun, clothes from the robbery, blood, and tic tacs.
Laundry Analysis = Its animal blood. Whitemane owns a slaughter house.
Prosecution Exhibit C, Autopsy Report = Jeremy had a tattoo with Whitmane name on it and says "My Dearest Cock Dweller"
Maybe (cock dweller???). But it's just random guesswork that way. Pick one and you might get lucky. There's insufficient information (non-existent probably) as to which piece of evidence will actually lead to something even remotely useful. Unless, I don't know, everything ties up in the end and it's so huge and complicated that I just can't see it now. But I highly doubt it. People are starting to cast votes on his guilt or innocence already, because it's a pointless investigation so far.
Yes, this is a critique on you, Puzzlemaster. :P
Post edited January 06, 2016 by sunshinecorp
mikopotato: Who knows, one of the evidence might be crucial.

e.g:
Evidence from the car = It's whitemane car, theres a gun, clothes from the robbery, blood, and tic tacs.
Laundry Analysis = Its animal blood. Whitemane owns a slaughter house.
Prosecution Exhibit C, Autopsy Report = Jeremy had a tattoo with Whitmane name on it and says "My Dearest Cock Dweller"
sunshinecorp: Maybe (cock dweller???). But it's just random guesswork that way. Pick one and you might get lucky. There's insufficient information (non-existent probably) as to which piece of evidence will actually lead to something even remotely useful. Unless, I don't know, everything ties up in the end and it's so huge and complicated that I just can't see it now. But I highly doubt it. People are starting to cast votes on his guilt or innocence already, because it's a pointless investigation so far.
Yup. I vote for the Puzzleman to show all the evidence and let us do our job before people starts making funny faces and build a paper knife and pretends stabbing one another.

Plot twist : one of the knife is real.
Austrobogulator: > Look in well
zeogold: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/X2gIKFBZ6UE/maxresdefault.jpg
*blinks*

......That better not be the wife's corpse doing a vengeful korean ghost impression.
Habanerose: I don't think Mr. Endre Whitemane is a robber, at best he's merely as pathetic necrophiliac (explained in PM)
...or a cannibal.

Emachine9643: Observations
The well is abandoned, so that's not what they were working on. Still, you got me to reread the original case text and I noticed something:

"About seven miles away (around 11 kilometers for you non-American folks), a PAIR of workmen from the water department had just finished restoring service to a rural neighborhood. “The water was off for about an hour,” the technician later told the police. “We got it running at about 8:55, then stopped for coffee. We were just heading back when MOE spotted this guy in a field. It was a full moon and we could see he was dragging something through the weeds. We pulled over to see if he needed help. And then we saw the body. He was dragging this dead, bloody body. The guy was little and didn’t have a gun. So JIM held him while I phoned the cops. That was around 9:25.” "

That's one extra man. I call shenanigans.

(A question: why is the washing cycle 25 minutes? Doesn't duration depend on what you're washing/what washing program you picked before starting the machine?)
Post edited January 07, 2016 by ashwald
Interesting observation.
Habanerose: I don't think Mr. Endre Whitemane is a robber, at best he's merely as pathetic necrophiliac (explained in PM)
ashwald: ...or a cannibal.
Necrophilia, Cannibalism...

I got it, he must be some kind of intelligent Uber-Zombie, not only did he partly eat his wife, but also tried to drag away the corpse to consume some of his flesh, and then try to turn him into a zombie too. All in order to secretly raise a giant zombie army to invade Puzzleland and eat everyone's brains.

ashwald: That's one extra man. I call shenanigans.
Either that, or the Puzzlemaster got mixed up, and both guys were named Jim and Moe.

Maybe the police officer's incompetence is contagious...

Clarification Required

Edit: Words. This might really be contagious after all...
Post edited January 07, 2016 by Habanerose
Habanerose: Gonna Vote Not Guilty, mainly because of the bad security in this courtroom...

and because I don't think Mr. Endre Whitemane is a robber, at best he's merely as pathetic necrophiliac (explained in PM)

*hides behind mikopotato in case Mr. Whitemane doesn't like being called a corpse desecrator*

Also, in case of it's correct, in for my favourite human shield, Mikopotato.

Edit: Words. Also voting on Laundry Analysis, Defense Witness, as I doubt there will be anything usefulto be provided by the search of the car (based on the sloppy police work thus far) and the autopsy doesn't seem like it could reveal anything we don't already know.
mikopotato: You voted not guilty but you call him a corpse desecrator? You better hide yo ass after this court session.

But seriously, I like that theory.

I got a feeling Whitemane aint guilty too.
Reason for this is, why is he not freaked out, he just almost got caught and one of his buddy was shot dead.
And he's draggin the body across the field. He could've just ran and bail. Instead he invited them guys over for coffee.

But we havent seen all the evidence yet, so theres a slim chance he might be guilty. Or maybe guilty for having sex with a corpse..(that is against the law in the US right?)

So. im going with Evidence from Car ,

It's probably Whitemane car but who the hell cares.
Good Lord. I leave for ONE day, and you guys are ALREADY talking about bizarre sexual practices?!
This is why I just can't leave you people to yourselves.
zeogold: Good Lord. I leave for ONE day, and you guys are ALREADY talking about bizarre sexual practices?!
This is why I just can't leave you people to yourselves.
And you definitely can't leave them with the dead bodies.
low rated
sunshinecorp: Maybe (cock dweller???). But it's just random guesswork that way. Pick one and you might get lucky. There's insufficient information (non-existent probably) as to which piece of evidence will actually lead to something even remotely useful. Unless, I don't know, everything ties up in the end and it's so huge and complicated that I just can't see it now. But I highly doubt it. People are starting to cast votes on his guilt or innocence already, because it's a pointless investigation so far.
It'll all make sense in the end. Ask miko, he's seen how some of my seemingly harebrained shenanigans have come together to (sort of) explain things properly.
Also, the point of the game is to add a bit of luck to it. As I've said before, all the evidence is useful in some way or another and explains/confirms a different aspect of the crime. If you want it to be pure strategic thinking, visit my Puzzlemaster's Mystery series.
mikopotato: Yup. I vote for the Puzzleman to show all the evidence and let us do our job before people starts making funny faces and build a paper knife and pretends stabbing one another.

Plot twist : one of the knife is real.
This might be kinda entertaining, so long as I'm not participating in it.

ashwald: The well is abandoned, so that's not what they were working on. Still, you got me to reread the original case text and I noticed something:

"About seven miles away (around 11 kilometers for you non-American folks), a PAIR of workmen from the water department had just finished restoring service to a rural neighborhood. “The water was off for about an hour,” the technician later told the police. “We got it running at about 8:55, then stopped for coffee. We were just heading back when MOE spotted this guy in a field. It was a full moon and we could see he was dragging something through the weeds. We pulled over to see if he needed help. And then we saw the body. He was dragging this dead, bloody body. The guy was little and didn’t have a gun. So JIM held him while I phoned the cops. That was around 9:25.” "

That's one extra man. I call shenanigans.
The third guy didn't help in restoring the service, he was just slacking off/is their boss/came to court to testify because he always wanted to be a witness in court.
Habanerose: Either that, or the Puzzlemaster got mixed up, and both guys were named Jim and Moe.
That's probably the case, but do you really think I'm about to admit that so easily?
Habanerose: and because I don't think Mr. Endre Whitemane is a robber, at best he's merely as pathetic necrophiliac (explained in PM)
My mysteries are rated PG (Puzzlemaster's Game), thank you very much.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by zeogold
Habanerose: All in order to secretly raise a giant zombie army to invade Puzzleland and eat everyone's brains.
He'd probably starve to death. Have you read us?
sunshinecorp: Have you read us?
Not without safety goggles.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by zeogold
Damn them red herrings! :P Alright then, I vote for Laundry Analysis, Defense Witness.
Post edited January 07, 2016 by ashwald
ashwald: Damn them red herrings! :P Alright then, I vote for Laundry Analysis, Defense Witness.
Attachments:
I'll go along with the popular consensus.

Laundry Analysis, Defense Witness
I'll go with The Economist, January 2016 issue.