It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MikeMaximus: I tried submitting the new version and test results to Wine App DB. Anyone know how long it usually takes for them to approve something?
it all depends on how active the mods are and where in the queue your submission is. I had submission that was in the queue for almost two months. Also if they reject it, just read the rejection note carefully, as some of the mods rejects submissions without reading the submission first, if it's a platinum status it'll be accepted every time, but anything else you've got a 50/50 chance of it being rejected, just depends if the Mod is in a good mood, I had to resubmit a submission 3 times (and use all CAPS in the last one) for the mod to finally accept that he is wrong and accept my submission. most probably why I stopped submitting :P
JudasIscariot:
I think the easiest way would be to install devtools and use 'extra-x86_64-build'.
te_lanus: it all depends on how active the mods are and where in the queue your submission is. I had submission that was in the queue for almost two months. Also if they reject it, just read the rejection note carefully, as some of the mods rejects submissions without reading the submission first, if it's a platinum status it'll be accepted every time, but anything else you've got a 50/50 chance of it being rejected, just depends if the Mod is in a good mood, I had to resubmit a submission 3 times (and use all CAPS in the last one) for the mod to finally accept that he is wrong and accept my submission. most probably why I stopped submitting :P
And here I was annoyed that it was taking more than a day. Kinda makes me not even wanna bother if it can take that long to even get a submission looked at, then being rejected for no good reason. I'll shall see how it goes.
MikeMaximus: And here I was annoyed that it was taking more than a day. Kinda makes me not even wanna bother if it can take that long to even get a submission looked at, then being rejected for no good reason. I'll shall see how it goes.
I've had most of my submissions appear within a week on winehq (after minor editing by the mods), so don't get discouraged!
The current sale rewarded me with Dreamfall Chapters but I haven't played the earlier games and I hate to start a series from the middle.

The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are also conveniently for sale right now (gosh what a coincidence), but they are not available for Linux. Wine appdb looks promising for the latter but not so much for the former and bugzilla suggests game-breaking graphical glitches.

Has someone tried it recently, perhaps with a CSMT enabled build? How did it go?
Rixasha: The Longest Journey and Dreamfall: The Longest Journey are also conveniently for sale right now (gosh what a coincidence), but they are not available for Linux. Wine appdb looks promising for the latter but not so much for the former and bugzilla suggests game-breaking graphical glitches.

Has someone tried it recently, perhaps with a CSMT enabled build? How did it go?
I tried TLJ fairly recently, with 1.9.5 staging I think, it was unplayable due to invisible characters and other glitches. Dreamfall I haven't tried since I'm still working my way through TLJ.

Dreamfall Chapters native doesn't work well for me either (extremely poor performance at random intervals and visual glitches), I think I'll be booting to Windows to play the whole series.
MikeMaximus: I tried TLJ fairly recently, with 1.9.5 staging I think, it was unplayable due to invisible characters and other glitches.
Okay, thanks. Based on that I thought I would skip on it but then I gave the appdb page one last look and noticed the discussion with three patches for the most glaring issues. It was just a couple of € and suddenly felt like a bit of a challenge, so I thought again and got it anyway.

The patches are from 2011 and apply to wine 1.3.32, which is plenty old and I had a lot of trouble trying to compile it. Fortunately it turned out that PlayOnLinux has a build with those patches already applied (1.3.32-tlj), so I went with that. The only graphical glitch that I noticed so far is that the text was pink and a registry setting mentioned in the discussion fixed that.

The remaining bug #31278 is an issue with the action menu being very elusive to bring up, and it's super annoying. It seems that there is a technique to it - moving the mouse slightly while clicking - but I don't know if I will play it like this. I have some other games in the pipeline that I'll finish first and then make up my mind.
Rixasha: The patches are from 2011 and apply to wine 1.3.32, which is plenty old and I had a lot of trouble trying to compile it.
Unfortunately the game is still not playable with this version of wine despite what is claimed. After playing a bit I found a graphical bug with the character moving outside the edge of the mountain into the air.

It seems that one of the registered bugs for the game ("characters rendered partially ") is already assigned, so hopefully in 1-2 years we'll see the game's compatibility with wine much improved.
Rixasha: The patches are from 2011 and apply to wine 1.3.32, which is plenty old and I had a lot of trouble trying to compile it.
igrok: Unfortunately the game is still not playable with this version of wine despite what is claimed. After playing a bit I found a graphical bug with the character moving outside the edge of the mountain into the air.

It seems that one of the registered bugs for the game ("characters rendered partially ") is already assigned, so hopefully in 1-2 years we'll see the game's compatibility with wine much improved.
reading the bug report you'll see that the author of the mentioned patches (to who the bug is assigned to), already stated 3 years ago that he is no longer working on this ... :(
igrok: Unfortunately the game is still not playable with this version of wine despite what is claimed. After playing a bit I found a graphical bug with the character moving outside the edge of the mountain into the air.
Right, I did see that. In the context of her bed having just fallen towards the horizon from underneath her and leaving her standing upright to yap about how she's dreaming again, I just thought it was meant to be like that. Looking at the animation closely I think she's not actually walking off the cliff, just being drawn without regard to the panned background.

A glitch it is then. Not a game breaking one but apparently there will be worse later. [EDIT: see edits below.]

immi101: the author of the mentioned patches (to who the bug is assigned to), already stated 3 years ago that he is no longer working on this ... :(
Don't despair, there's no reason why it has to be him personally. In fact it seems that the issue has been discussed on wine-staging much more recently and while the link itself is now dead, a comment on the bugzilla still has links to the patches ported to a newer wine. I wish I had noticed this yesterday. Patch 3 needs a bit of work, the rest still apply on wine 1.9.9. It's no better than the old patches, but feels less abandoned and at least I can compile it now.

I'll add a mention here of my experiences if I decide to try play it like this.

EDIT 1: Encountered the problem mentioned as a show-stopper in the bug reports, but got around it! You need to meet someone in a place but they are not there. Position yourself under the yellow face of a painting with a guy in a blue suit, get a prompt for the missing person at the very right edge of the screen.

EDIT 2: Similar situation in Chapter 3, and this time I can't get around it.
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Rixasha
Two Worlds just got a Linux release. I suppose it's Wine wrapped? Can anyone please explain how it's configured?
Post edited June 22, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: Two Worlds just got a Linux release. I suppose it's Wine wrapped? Can anyone please explain how it's configured?
All that I know is that yes, it is Wine wrapped. Steam has it for some time.
Post edited June 23, 2016 by tokisto
Game: Worms 2
Installer MD5s:
bbe752d1b716432bb67e574ad9f3e9f3 setup_worms2_2.0.0.23.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: GOG Version
CodeWeavers link: Retail Version

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.8.3 via PlayOnLinux

NotesNeeds a stable Wine release, as it doesn't work on the development branch.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by te_lanus
shmerl: Two Worlds just got a Linux release. I suppose it's Wine wrapped? Can anyone please explain how it's configured?
Quote from the release notes: "- Linux platform is supported now. The port is based on Wine with CSMT and PhysX hardware support patches enabled. "
WinterSnowfall: Quote from the release notes: "- Linux platform is supported now. The port is based on Wine with CSMT and PhysX hardware support patches enabled. "
That doesn't really help :) I know it's using Wine.