It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: Does installing quartz help any with the videos?
No difference. Still black screen. The only time I can see the video is if I emulate virtual desktop but then the game does not maximize to full hd from default wine window size.
Matruchus: No difference. Still black screen. The only time I can see the video is if I emulate virtual desktop but then the game does not maximize to full hd from default wine window size.
Nothing in the game's options then?
Matruchus: No difference. Still black screen. The only time I can see the video is if I emulate virtual desktop but then the game does not maximize to full hd from default wine window size.
JudasIscariot: Nothing in the game's options then?
The game has no options to fiddle with unfortunately. But its not a problem since it runs well. I wish I could Pharaoh working.
Pharaoh Gold
State: Unplayable

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Curacao XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370 OEM]
GLX Renderer: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series
GLX Version: 4.5.13416 - CPC 15.302
WINE: Wine Staging 1.9.8

From Winetricks I already had following installed: d3dx9_36, vcrun 2010 and quartz - don't know if that was needed or not.

Intro video loads up in 640x480 resolution. After that the game loads but the screen stays black. You can hear the sounds and click in the menu but screen stays black. Game is unplayable.

You can try playing with emulated virtual desktop but the game does not maximize past default wine window size and as such is not playable on full hd screens.

Edit: Same effect if I use <span class="bold">play.it script</span>. Still unplayable.
Post edited April 20, 2016 by Matruchus
Pharaoh Gold has a platinum rating on WineHQ and I remember having no issues with it last time I played it. I suggest trying it with a stable version of Wine.
I don't quite know where to post this so I will post it here in the hopes that Judas sees it and is able to sort it out:

Y's The Ark of Napishtim should be marked as completed, if I'm not mistaken.
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/ys_vi_the_ark_of_napishtim
MightyPinecone: I don't quite know where to post this so I will post it here in the hopes that Judas sees it and is able to sort it out:

You can always PM me, you know :P
MightyPinecone: I don't quite know where to post this so I will post it here in the hopes that Judas sees it and is able to sort it out:

JudasIscariot: You can always PM me, you know :P
I'll keep that in mind. Thanks!
igrok: Pharaoh Gold has a platinum rating on WineHQ and I remember having no issues with it last time I played it. I suggest trying it with a stable version of Wine.
Makes no difference. Still the same. Just to note that there was only one gog version of Pharaoh previously reported tested at Wine HQ and that was on a very old version of Wine.
Post edited April 19, 2016 by Matruchus
vv221: Web certificate handling is a mess even today, and your browser will howl in the same way when facing a certificate that is not signed by some arbitrary "authoritative" company (but still valid and secured), or when you’re really subject to an attack…
Actually, it's unauthenticated and secured. The whole cert infrastructure certainly is a mess. That's a poor setup though with using your CA cert also as a SERVER cert. IMO, better to mint a new CA and create a separate server cert with it. Fairly weak out-of-band, but you can stick the certificate fingerprints, as text, in your play.it thread here on GOG (or anywhere not on the play.it site itself).
Matruchus: Crusader Kings Complete
State: Good without working Intro video

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa
Card: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD/ATI] Curacao XT [Radeon R7 370 / R9 270X/370 OEM]

From Winetricks I already had following installed: d3dx9_36 and vcrun 2010 - don't know if that was needed or not.

Intro video doesn't show but you can hear the music. Clicking on ESC makes the game load menu screen but its misaligned to the righ side of the screen in full HD resolution. Clicking on the desktop (left side where the menu screen is missing) makes it minimize the game and when you click on the game tab it maximizes the game properly in to right resolution. After that there are no issues and the game is stable and works perfectly.
Just as a further bit of information regarding this game, I'd like to draw your attention to my earlier post: https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_judas_does_this_run_in_wine_thread/post432

It wasn't a proper report, as yours is, but I just wanted to add a bit of extra data, in case anyone can shed some light on what's going on!

(Non-virtual machine -- as mentioned in earlier post)
GFX Card: Radeon 9550 (non-proprietary driver)
CPU: Pentium 4 (3.06 GHz)

Granted, this is not my main Linux machine, but an older PC that I use to run Debian on. If my compatibility level continues in this manner, I may ditch Ubuntu altogether at some point!

BTW I also have machines running Mint 17.3 and Slackware 14.1, and have used Linux for years, so I'm not tethered to Ubuntu -- it's just that it has provided a nice, stable base for a good long while. :-)
Post edited April 20, 2016 by blakstar
Matruchus: Crusader Kings Complete

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa

From Winetricks I already had following installed: d3dx9_36 and vcrun 2010 - don't know if that was needed or not.

Intro video doesn't show but you can hear the music. Clicking on ESC makes the game load menu screen but its misaligned to the righ side of the screen in full HD resolution. Clicking on the desktop (left side where the menu screen is missing) makes it minimize the game and when you click on the game tab it maximizes the game properly in to right resolution. After that there are no issues and the game is stable and works perfectly.
If I can get the game working 100% under Debian, with no winetricks, you shouldn't need to install quartz.

If I can, I'll put together another Linux machine, and see what I can produce -- you run Arch, don't you. Granted, I won't necessarily be able to completely replicate the hardware, but much of it is fairly similar these days.
blakstar: If I can get the game working 100% under Debian, with no winetricks, you shouldn't need to install quartz.

If I can, I'll put together another Linux machine, and see what I can produce -- you run Arch, don't you. Granted, I won't necessarily be able to completely replicate the hardware, but much of it is fairly similar these days.
It's Antergos, an Arch-based distro that uses all of the official Arch repos.

I only suggested quartz because other Paradox games whined about quartz being missing in terminal :)
Post edited April 20, 2016 by JudasIscariot
blakstar: If I can get the game working 100% under Debian, with no winetricks, you shouldn't need to install quartz.

JudasIscariot: It's Antergos, an Arch-based distro that uses all of the official Arch repos.

I only suggested quartz because other Paradox games whined about quartz being missing in terminal :)
I'll see if I can make some sense out of this then -- for all I know, it might come down to something like differences in the proprietary and non-proprietary drivers. I've had some games show surprising results when run on different drivers.
JudasIscariot: It's Antergos, an Arch-based distro that uses all of the official Arch repos.

blakstar: I'll see if I can make some sense out of this then -- for all I know, it might come down to something like differences in the proprietary and non-proprietary drivers. I've had some games show surprising results when run on different drivers.
Maybe. All I know is that I use proprietary drivers as I can't be bothered to switch to non-proprietary ones because a) if I submit a bug report for a native game most developers will not even look at the open source graphics drivers and b) I tend to run into games that do not like the Nvidia open source drivers.
Post edited April 20, 2016 by JudasIscariot