It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rampancy: I found the post where you first reported on Uprising here. So I guess 1.9.8 fixed the mouse aiming issue, huh?
It does work, sort of. Did find that the "flashing light on the Radar" doesn't work. (not sure why, but I seem to be stuck at 640x480 (or 800x600) and can't increase the display)
Game: Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion
Installer MD5s:
e5dccc8d0898b5d47fa36a7db855bb5f setup_sins_of_a_solar_empire_rebellion_ultimate_2.1.0.3-1.bin
114d99b7fbe8c74eac0dac8eb593d9d0 setup_sins_of_a_solar_empire_rebellion_ultimate_2.1.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6653
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/sins-of-a-solar-empire-rebellion

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-58
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.15
Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.5 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.1.0

Install notes: Just install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion.exe"
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: Tested with virtual desktop and CSMT enabled. Have only played for a short time but all seems to be working perfectly (& the WineHQ reports also suggest no problems).
Game: Industry Giant 2
Installer MD5:
2519a63c05e9d4ffdc249e8a393654b2 setup_industry_giant2_2.0.0.3.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: Retal Version

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.8
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96

Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.8 via PlayOnLinux

Extra Notes: a slightly smoother operation can be archieved via setting DirectDrawRenderer to OpenGL & setting "offscreen rendering mode" to "backbuffer" causes some glitches in the interface, but has the smoothest experience.
Post edited April 17, 2016 by te_lanus
rampancy: Fine. I'll do the same as him going forward.
Perfect, thanks.
blakstar: I've installed the game as well, in Wine 1.8, after seeing your report.
SWAT 3 or Incubation?

Today didn't go quite as expected, but I will likely have the posts updated in a few hours.
Post edited April 17, 2016 by Gydion
rampancy: Fine. I'll do the same as him going forward.
Gydion: Perfect, thanks.
blakstar: I've installed the game as well, in Wine 1.8, after seeing your report.
Gydion: SWAT 3 or Incubation?

Today didn't go quite as expected, but I will likely have the posts updated in a few hours.
Incubation. I wasn't really doing an "official" report, more of a compatibility check. :-)
blakstar: Incubation. I wasn't really doing an "official" report, more of a compatibility check. :-)
Understood. I was going to add that as the wine version, but apparently can't read:
rampancy: I'll amend my earlier post for Incubation, as well as for SWAT 3, but I can also say that Incubation works just as well in wine-staging 1.9.7 as it did in CrossOver...
Thanks. Did you also test SWAT 3 with staging 1.9.7?
blakstar: Incubation. I wasn't really doing an "official" report, more of a compatibility check. :-)
Yeah, I'm going to amend my post on Incubation; thanks for the tips, by the way.

Gydion: Thanks. Did you also test SWAT 3 with staging 1.9.7?
Yes, I will also amend my post too, soon.
Post edited April 17, 2016 by rampancy
rampancy: Yes, I will also amend my post too, soon.
Nice.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the reports so far. I've now hit the character limit in the posts 2 & 3. Unless Judas can magically raise it I have backed up and delinkified the AppDB & CrossOver ratings.
rampancy: Yes, I will also amend my post too, soon.
Gydion: Nice.

Just want to say thanks to everyone for all the reports so far. I've now hit the character limit in the posts 2 & 3. Unless Judas can magically raise it I have backed up and delinkified the AppDB & CrossOver ratings.
I cannot magically raise the character limit nor can I insert posts in other places, sorry.

The only other thing I can think of doing is you create a new thread and then make 1 or 2 page's worth of placeholder posts....
JudasIscariot: I cannot magically raise the character limit nor can I insert posts in other places, sorry.

The only other thing I can think of doing is you create a new thread and then make 1 or 2 page's worth of placeholder posts....
Yeah, I kinda knew that already. You can't turn off the damn forum automerge either though. Which means even just 12 posts would take over 2 hours. It was nice to have, but it's only an extra click away in nearly all cases.
te_lanus: Game: Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe
Installer MD5:
2519a63c05e9d4ffdc249e8a393654b2 setup_industry_giant2_2.0.0.3.exe
te_lanus: Extra Notes: there is a few notes on AppDB that needs to be followed else the game runs at a crawl
This is actually for Industry Giant 2? I did not see any notes, but it would be nice if you could specifically include them in your entry.

blakstar: Game: For the Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
Added. Post #79 is the preferred format for a complete entry. Wouldn't bother me if you prettied up your report.
Not a game report, but just a very unofficial observation and for information only, regarding two games I was having trouble with: Crusader Kings and Europa Universalis 2.

After a bit of experimentation, the best game compatibility results I've had so far have been using Debian 8, both on real and virtual machines, testing with Wine versions 1.7, 1.8.1 and 1.9.7, and no winetricks whatsoever.

Surprising as it may seem, although I had trouble with them running under Ubuntu 14.04, both games worked 100%, with no problems regarding video, sound, or gameplay.
Game: Majesty Gold HD
Installer MD5s:

0f15c085fe31a55f4b5afcd66194e844 setup_majesty_gold_hd_2.0.0.1.exe

WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=6522
Distro: Antergos
Kernel version: 4.5.0-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 364.16
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.8 with WoW64 support from the official Arch repos

Install notes: You may need the following winetricks in order to ensure the game runs: vcrun6 and quartz.
How well does it run: Perfect
Details: In order to ensure that the game does not mess with my display resolution I enabled virtual desktop at a 1920 x 1200 resolution. The game's intro videos play in a window but the game itself can be set to full screen using the in-game menu as it supports a 1920 x 1200 resolution.

For my install in order to not have the game crash on launch I had to set the winegstreamer library to "disabled" in the overrides menu. Once I did that I managed to complete the beginner quest "The Bell, The Book, and The Candle" without any problems.
Post edited April 17, 2016 by JudasIscariot
Anyone else ever seen this? I got most of my wine games setup via PoL and use PoL as a basic launcher. Today I decided to start to "import" my PoL games into Lutris. I now found that I get anything from 5-25fps faster when launching the game from lutris as suppose to PoL. for Lutris I'm using this to launch PoL games: "PlayonLinux --run "Spelunky" %F"

Gydion: This is actually for Industry Giant 2? I did not see any notes, but it would be nice if you could specifically include them in your entry.
I fixed my post :D
JudasIscariot: Distro: Antergos
Kernel version: 4.5.0-1-ARCH x86_64 (64 bit)
Is see you use some kind of ArchLinux derivative…
Did you know that Arch support is planned for ./play.it, and should go live in something like one month from now? ;-)
We have Amadren, a fellow GOGlodyte, to thanks for that!