It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

adamhm:
Second post updated. Thanks.

I don't suppose I could bother you to format your posts more like #79? With the system info directly under the game. I like empty quote tags help it to stand out, which makes it easy to skip or find.
The thread is specifically for GOG games so it shouldn't be necessary to specify that.
I was placing the AppDB links at the end of the post. Hadn't thought of CrossOver. Hmm, I guess I could also add those links. All of the entries for CrossOver seems "old" though as none appear to be for GOG versions. Actually, Anno 1404 Gold Edition doesn't appear to have a valid entry or does CodeWeavers do versions/editions differently.
I was attempting to include the particular GOG installers as newer/older versions can break in different ways.
Regardless, as mentioned, second post updated.
adamhm: Game: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (GOG version)
Two, things: No CSMT, correct? Did you need to run the installer with /nogui or did it work normally?
Post edited January 25, 2016 by Gydion
vv221: Here are a couple games for your list:
https://wiki.dotslashplay.it/start?do=search&id=gog+wine

All have been tested with WINE 1.6 on Debian.
System info? I should start adding some of these. Won't hurt my feelings you you decide to do a few. ;) The pages & scripts should have all needed info, yes?
rampancy: As an addendum to this, my experience on Mac OS X needed some extra tweaking. I first needed to install msmxl3 in winetricks before wmp9 would install correctly. I also needed to install xact_jun2010 in winetricks, too. Also, the game works best in Wine 1.7.55 (through Wineskin); in Wine 1.9.2 the game would crash after starting a new game.
Is your winetricks updated? Believe it should install that automatically.
Hmm, I only needed this xaudio2 patch to stop the crashes. Which did make it into Wine 1.7.55. OS X note linked to your post.

Guess I will add "seems to work" for any incomplete entries.
Post edited January 25, 2016 by Gydion
Gydion: System info? I should start adding some of these. Won't hurt my feelings you you decide to do a few. ;) The pages & scripts should have all needed info, yes?
I’ll post the specs of my main test system, but keep in mind that all of these games have been tested on multiple Debian-based setups. Including ATI/AMD, nVIDIA and Intel GPU.
Judas, did you figure out a way to run Shadow Watch?
clarry: Judas, did you figure out a way to run Shadow Watch?
What's wrong with it under Wine?
Gydion: I don't suppose I could bother you to format your posts more like #79? With the system info directly under the game. I like empty quote tags help it to stand out, which makes it easy to skip or find.
It's easier to keep their current format (as they're basically a copy+paste from the text file I use to keep my Wine install notes) & I think they're more readable as they are, but I could do... what would everyone else prefer?

Gydion: The thread is specifically for GOG games so it shouldn't be necessary to specify that.
I was placing the AppDB links at the end of the post. Hadn't thought of CrossOver. Hmm, I guess I could also add those links. All of the entries for CrossOver seems "old" though as none appear to be for GOG versions. Actually, Anno 1404 Gold Edition doesn't appear to have a valid entry or does CodeWeavers do versions/editions differently.
It's specified because my notes include games from a variety of sources.

Gydion: I was attempting to include the particular GOG installers as newer/older versions can break in different ways.
Regardless, as mentioned, second post updated.
I could add that info too

adamhm: Game: The Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena (GOG version)
Gydion: Two, things: No CSMT, correct? Did you need to run the installer with /nogui or did it work normally?
No CSMT for Riddick. I ran the installers normally - I didn't encounter any of the usual problems with GOG installers using Wine Staging, although the installer errors still occur with CrossOver. In CrossOver I either click through the errors or have CrossOver kill the installer if it becomes unresponsive (the games still appear to install and run fine despite that).
adamhm: I think they're more readable as they are...
Not noticeably, but no worries.
adamhm: I could add that info too

No CSMT for Riddick. I ran the installers normally - I didn't encounter any of the usual problems with GOG installers using Wine Staging, although the installer errors still occur with CrossOver. In CrossOver I either click through the errors or have CrossOver kill the installer if it becomes unresponsive (the games still appear to install and run fine despite that).
Cheers.
Game: STALKER: Clear Sky
Installer MD5s:
86e41a9565bb9b66e563ee1b0ad751bb setup_stalker_cs_2.0.0.8-1.bin
594ef85038fcbd2e45c7e25eaf5d0a3f setup_stalker_cs_2.0.0.8-2.bin
c7c8090647f79bf97b9bb864ed1c8f40 setup_stalker_cs_2.0.0.8-3.bin
8324c369587f15e1b4d098c854168795 setup_stalker_cs_2.0.0.8.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=8228
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/stalker-clear-sky

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64bit
Kernel version: 3.19.0-47
Graphics card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti
Graphics driver & version: Proprietary 361.18
Wine version(s) tested: Wine 1.9.2 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.0.1

Install notes: Requires d3dx9 (DirectX 9 Modern in CrossOver)
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky.lnk"
How well does it run: Very well (DX9 mode)
Details: Tested at 1920x1200 maxed out (only DoF disabled) in DX9 mode with virtual desktop enabled. Did not bother to test DirectX 10 as support for it in Wine is still in very early stages. Still, this is probably for the best - on Windows Clear Sky has been known to have stability issues when running in DX10 mode. Have not done a complete playthrough yet.

Best to use regular Wine for this one - I experienced some stuttering when using Wine Staging and CrossOver
Post edited February 04, 2016 by adamhm
adamhm: It's easier to keep their current format (as they're basically a copy+paste from the text file I use to keep my Wine install notes) & I think they're more readable as they are, but I could do... what would everyone else prefer?
On both my Phone and one of my Tablets it's a bit hard to read it in the format you post.
adamhm: It's easier to keep their current format (as they're basically a copy+paste from the text file I use to keep my Wine install notes) & I think they're more readable as they are, but I could do... what would everyone else prefer?
te_lanus: On both my Phone and one of my Tablets it's a bit hard to read it in the format you post.
Seems to be a problem with GOG - on my phone the posts end up with some odd spacing between words when viewed in portrait mode, but look normal in landscape mode (other posts are affected too)
Anyone try Star Wolves 2 in WINE?
Game: STALKER: Call of Pripyat
Installer MD5s:
d5abe5049bbac0ecbdcfa253398c525d setup_stalker_cop_2.0.0.12-1.bin
d5069f985a8f194e195dcfba31febe44 setup_stalker_cop_2.0.0.12-2.bin
13b0c804f30ec6e897997a074cfe8010 setup_stalker_cop_2.0.0.12-3.bin
5f22acaf92d3acea871ae09e6b94e028 setup_stalker_cop_2.0.0.12.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&iId=10769
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/stalker-call-of-pripyat

Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.2 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.0.1

Install notes: Requires d3dx9 (install DirectX 9 Modern in CrossOver).
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Call of Pripyat.lnk"
How well does it run: Very well (DX9 mode)
Details: Tested at 1920x1200 maxed out in DX9 mode with CSMT and virtual desktop enabled. Did not test DirectX 10/11 support as support for those in Wine is still in the very early stages.
Post edited February 04, 2016 by adamhm
Game: Far Cry
Installer MD5s:
980dbc3d41af088b46d6b3dfa1c1dc3d setup_far_cry_2.0.0.9-1.bin
d7cbea9fa8afb4de00f30beeca9d11fa setup_far_cry_2.0.0.9-2.bin
e26869ba3755084f7b51be5174479d01 setup_far_cry_2.0.0.9.exe
WineHQ AppDB link: https://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iAppId=1743
CodeWeavers link: https://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/crossover/far-cry

Wine version(s) tested: Wine Staging 1.9.2 via PlayOnLinux, CrossOver 15.0.1

Install notes: Just install & play.
If using PlayOnLinux, run the game from/create a shortcut for "FarCry.exe"
How well does it run: Excellent
Details: Tested at 1920x1200 max settings with CSMT and virtual desktop enabled.
Post edited May 27, 2016 by adamhm
Game: Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition
Installer: 82b46a1272468ba632b3a577d16ac002b562775f setup_simcity4_deluxe_2.1.0.9.exe

Distro: Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Desktop: Cinnamon 2.8.6
Kernel: 3.19.0-32-generic i686 (32 bit)

GLX Renderer: GeForce GT 240/PCIe/SSE2
GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 340.96
Installed perfectly fine, did have a few errors at the end, but clicking thru them gives no problems when running the game. So far no problems using Wine 1.9.1. Create a shortcut to SimCity 4.exe and add -CustomResolution:enabled -r1366x768x32 to the program as argument to get the custom resolution to work

App Db: https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=30574 [old]
Post edited January 29, 2016 by te_lanus
Gydion: (…)
In the days to come I’ll start testing all the games on the ./play.it wiki one by one, for a clean-up pass on the scripts. In doing this I’ll post reports here as I go.
I will most probably update corresponding AppDB entries at the same time.

For most games I’ll be able to test them on one setup only, but the ones with low resources requirements might get tested on two different setups.

As there are a lot of games to test on my plate, there will be no in-depth testing and my reports will most probably be limited to the first 5~10 minutes of each game.

PS: As the purpose of these tests is first to test the ./play.it scripts, I will not test the direct installation of the game via a direct run of the installers through WINE.
Post edited January 29, 2016 by vv221