It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SalarShushan:
Well, I'm already quite secure in that sense, and the only place I upload high res images (for public view) is DeviantArt.

The point here is to upload a "sample pack" with everything watermarked, showing the piece(s) laid out for ebooks, album covers and posters, and the licence would provide a clause that theres no editing of the actual artwork allowed.

This is where it gets complicated though as I'd need them to sign an agreement (actually sign and mail back) before they can pay / unzip the high res files and make use of them - almost a form of DRM.

However, this is of course the problem area of potentially spending more time chasing up legal issues than simply selling and getting on with the next piece. On that note though, clients are often so "tweaky" that I end up wasting a similar amount of time in production.

I figure if I maybe try and find an already running site that might be able to cater for the setup (maybe even DeviantArt) and initially only cater to UK customers, then its worth a shot with just a couple of pieces.

The other thing is, I will be producing relatively generic pieces for it (ie tentacled lovecraftian creature or HR Giger inspired visage etc) - so people copying the designs isnt really an issue, because if they've fallen that low then I doubt they'll be making anything.
Zug zug. Glub glub. You have gum gum, dum dum?
Leucius: Zug zug. Glub glub. You have gum gum, dum dum?
I have puzzles. Sachys has poo. Foxworks has cheese. Crewdroog has an intercontinental ballistic missile launcher. Pretty sure we could work something out.
The Cock is back!
l0rdtr3k: The Cock is back!
I suppose zeogold might be proud of getting called that?!

o____O
l0rdtr3k: The Cock is back!
Sachys: I suppose zeogold might be proud of getting called that?!

o____O
...I'm a Puzzlemaster.

If you're referring to my egotistical nature, I'd prefer "cockalorum". Sounds much fancier.
If you're referring to anything else...
Defer to Sachys for further clarification. I'm sure he can help you with whatever it is, because I sure as heck can't.
Sachys: Well, I'm already quite secure in that sense, and the only place I upload high res images (for public view) is DeviantArt.

The point here is to upload a "sample pack" with everything watermarked, showing the piece(s) laid out for ebooks, album covers and posters, and the licence would provide a clause that theres no editing of the actual artwork allowed.

This is where it gets complicated though as I'd need them to sign an agreement (actually sign and mail back) before they can pay / unzip the high res files and make use of them - almost a form of DRM.
That sounds like a good plan.

Sachys: However, this is of course the problem area of potentially spending more time chasing up legal issues than simply selling and getting on with the next piece. On that note though, clients are often so "tweaky" that I end up wasting a similar amount of time in production.

I figure if I maybe try and find an already running site that might be able to cater for the setup (maybe even DeviantArt) and initially only cater to UK customers, then its worth a shot with just a couple of pieces.
My daughter has run into people who want too many changes and tweaks as well, and after adding all those hours of work, they somehow don't think it changes the original agreement on their side. The pre-done setup does have that 'take it or leave it' appeal.

Trying a couple of pieces out sounds reasonable, especially if the sample images are small/low-res.

Sachys: The other thing is, I will be producing relatively generic pieces for it (ie tentacled lovecraftian creature or HR Giger inspired visage etc) - so people copying the designs isnt really an issue, because if they've fallen that low then I doubt they'll be making anything.
Well - I doubt they will make anything near as good as yours ;)
SalarShushan: Well - I doubt they will make anything near as good as yours ;)
Oh, they will - and better - ideas don't make you a surefire media sensation neccesarily, but implemetnation can, and this is where the aforementions wankers come in - no ideas of their own, but they are the types what work the third level of concept art (not even refining others ideas, just tdying them up). Sadly, as many doors for the small man / disabled / lower budget independent artist that digital has opened, its also allowed a whole bunch of "paint by numbers" types into the industry

back in the mid 90s I hated digital - it made comics (what I was doing then) feel cold and inhospitible to the reader. I used to lament the death of the inker. Now i realise they all got jobs at shitty tattooists... and on the next Assassins Creed / Tomb Raider type franchise.

Now I just lament the profession of inking.
SalarShushan: My daughter has run into people who want too many changes and tweaks as well
yes, we call those "clients". ;D
SalarShushan: That sounds like a good plan.
Aye, I'm hoping an embedded twitter feed of Don McGowan might be enough to fend off the major corporate hosers at least! O_____o
Post edited January 16, 2016 by Sachys
This chit-chat made me remember it´s due time I draw a new avatar...........................when time allows.
LoboBlanco: This chit-chat made me remember it´s due time I draw a new avatar...........................when time allows.
You could draw something to remind you of the work you should be doing.
LoboBlanco: This chit-chat made me remember it´s due time I draw a new avatar...........................when time allows.
zeogold: You could draw something to remind you of the work you should be doing.
Jimmy Saville comissiones them years ago - they still have not realised! +______-
This chat-chat made me remember that my avatar doesn't need changing. It is as appropriate as it's ever going to be.
Emob78: This chat-chat made me remember that my avatar doesn't need changing. It is as appropriate as it's ever going to be.
QFT. Do you wanna date my avatar?
WHAT SADIST PUT THE DRIVING SCHOOL INTO GTA SA!?!?!?
tinyE: WHAT SADIST PUT THE DRIVING SCHOOL INTO GTA SA!?!?!?
Enjoy flight school!