It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: Your "friend" should post if they want the game. Anyone who passes a gift to you on their behalf is likely an idiot.
I respectfully agree with the big pink ape, :P

He should just become one with the GOG..

join us. join us.. join us... join us.... join us.....

lol

- Tim
Would love a copy of Risen while it's on promotion, looks epic but i'm fundless atm:(
The dark side is strooongg... join us!
shadowrgog: I appreciate the reply. By my post, I am definitely acting as the middle man, which is why it's a bit uneasy for some like yourself. I consider gift giving as an opportunity to expose others to games they wish to have some day or simply wish to try and I'd rather not force my friend to have to go through hoops that others feel they have to go through like forum participation or rep. This is, from understanding, simply a gift giving thread and different individuals have different standards as to what makes a person "worthy" of a gift. Your standards seem to imply that the person must ask for it themself and have forum participation to some degree. As stated earlier, he isn't the forum type, so the latter is mostly out. As for the former, I talk to him on pretty much a bi weekly or even tri weekly basis and I assure you it would go directly to him 100%. I wouldn't be sharing a code, it would be giving the code to the right person so ONLY that individual uses it. In some strange way, he is asking for it himself through me, since those reasons I mentioned (for each game) are not mine but his and his alone. To reiterate, if one is uncomfortable with this exchange, simply don't do it since it's optional. I am not asking for games, I am simply letting people aware that if one wants to gift someone those particular games, there is someone out there I know 100% would play and give it the respect it deserves. My mind is literally torn asunder trying to defend this so I am just going to leave it here for now and take a break. Have any personal concerns please PM me, so we don't spam this thread with even further clarification unless it's absolutely needed for some reason.
Sachys: Your "friend" should post if they want the game. Anyone who passes a gift to you on their behalf is likely an idiot.
Yeah, that bolded part from his post sounds like his friend could be anyone. And who knows what this middle man will use the code for. I seriously don't see a genuine honest person doing what he is doing. Not only sounds sketchy, it's looks like a scam from every angle.
Post edited December 06, 2014 by HijacK
shadowrgog: snip!
Well you know, seeing that freshly member after a couple of months after you gifted him contribute to the community even by solely expressing his thoughts on topics is a very nice thing to see and a sort of "reward" for the gifter.
For some this is quite an important part of the gifting process. If you would like you can call it some sort of paying it forward.
shadowrgog: I appreciate the reply. By my post, I am definitely acting as the middle man, which is why it's a bit uneasy for some like yourself. I consider gift giving as an opportunity to expose others to games they wish to have some day or simply wish to try and I'd rather not force my friend to have to go through hoops that others feel they have to go through like forum participation or rep. This is, from understanding, simply a gift giving thread and different individuals have different standards as to what makes a person "worthy" of a gift. Your standards seem to imply that the person must ask for it themself and have forum participation to some degree. As stated earlier, he isn't the forum type, so the latter is mostly out. As for the former, I talk to him on pretty much a bi weekly or even tri weekly basis and I assure you it would go directly to him 100%. I wouldn't be sharing a code, it would be giving the code to the right person so ONLY that individual uses it. In some strange way, he is asking for it himself through me, since those reasons I mentioned (for each game) are not mine but his and his alone. To reiterate, if one is uncomfortable with this exchange, simply don't do it since it's optional. I am not asking for games, I am simply letting people aware that if one wants to gift someone those particular games, there is someone out there I know 100% would play and give it the respect it deserves. My mind is literally torn asunder trying to defend this so I am just going to leave it here for now and take a break. Have any personal concerns please PM me, so we don't spam this thread with even further clarification unless it's absolutely needed for some reason.
I agree. If your friend can't be bothered to post himself, how can people be bothered to gift him?

If he is uncomfortable to ask the gift himself, how are people comfortable in gifting him?

If he expect not to spend some effort on the forums, how can he expect people to spend more money and effort to buy said games to gift him and check said games goes to him?
I still have a code for The Witcher 2 Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition from the GOG stamps action recently. Send a PM if you're interested. (Send a PM)
Post edited December 08, 2014 by lotrotk
lukslo: Well you know, seeing that freshly member after a couple of months after you gifted him contribute to the community even by solely expressing his thoughts on topics is a very nice thing to see and a sort of "reward" for the gifter.
For some this is quite an important part of the gifting process. If you would like you can call it some sort of paying it forward.
I can't agree more! This is exactly what it's about.
Gnostic: I agree. If your friend can't be bothered to post himself, how can people be bothered to gift him?

If he is uncomfortable to ask the gift himself, how are people comfortable in gifting him?

If he expect not to spend some effort on the forums, how can he expect people to spend more money and effort to buy said games to gift him and check said games goes to him?
And this as well!

To everyone reading his wishlist, maybe he is a good guy? Who knows..
I don't want him feeling attacked, but there are ways to go about doing things here.
Who am I to say he can't be gifted though. Please do as you will people, but
also please take caution. Especially around this time of year of giving.

Thank you,

- Tim
Post edited December 06, 2014 by TimTom92
lukslo: Well you know, seeing that freshly member after a couple of months after you gifted him contribute to the community even by solely expressing his thoughts on topics is a very nice thing to see and a sort of "reward" for the gifter.
TimTom92: I can't agree more! This is exactly what it's about.
Gnostic: I agree. If your friend can't be bothered to post himself, how can people be bothered to gift him?

TimTom92: And this as well!

To everyone reading his wishlist, maybe he is a good guy? Who knows..
I don't want him feeling attacked, but there are ways to go about doing things here.
Who am I to say he can't be gifted though. Please do as you will people, but
also please take caution. Especially around this time of year of giving.

Thank you,

- Tim
Ok I get it now, I had no idea this thing would blow up so much. I mean, I didn't know that it was I guess "taboo" to ask for optional generosity on his behalf since he's a shy guy and as stated would likely not participate in the forums because of that. I, in no means meant to offend the community by posting his wishlist. I figured that this was a gifting thread, that anyone who wanted to let others enjoy a game they wanted might give them a chance if they knew what they want. I admit, since this is the internet, this "friend" can be questionable to people since no one here personally knows me or my friends. That's why it's optional and I even provided additional statements on how I interacted with him regularly in life through clarification. Still, I am new to the forums, and this was my first time posting in this thread, so I guess what I wanted was not for my gift wishes to be recognized but someone who was close to me (who is too shy with the forums), since I am satisfied so far with the way things stand for myself. Comments such as I am a scammer or people who gift him through me are idiots really hurt me, since it feels like a personal attack that really caught me off guard (and I can clearly see my posts were offensive due to rep decrease). I tried to be as transparent as possible (while respecting my friend's request for being anonymous) but clearly it wasn't proper or good enough. I emphasized once and again that this was an optional thing but I misunderstood the etiquette for how this thread works and I apologize for any inconvenience or even annoyance this caused for the community and as stated in a previous comment, "If, for some unknown reason, this stirs up controversy, then I'll remove it asap since that'll give me an idea that next time I shouldn't ask for any of my friends wishes in the future and leave it up to them to do it despite them being uncomfortable or something."

Again I apologize for my "newbie" mistake, and looking at this as glass half full concept, this experience has taught me a few things for future use of this thread and forum posts in general. One, never ask on a friend's behalf since you'll likely be wisked off as sketchy and a scammer. Two, keep this thread for individual basis only, unless a good amount of the community understands all the parties involved. Three, this is the internet so unless the connection is deep with all parties involved, don't expect anyone to think your an honest enough person to be a middle man for anything, especially games. If there any other concerns please let me know. Again sorry for any paranoia, stress, or even hate that arose from my post and I hope to not make my mistake twice! Thanks for the feedback everyone.
low rated
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded if anyone is generous.

Also my last wish was too greedy?
Post edited December 06, 2014 by Elmofongo
high rated
I know i already shared my thoughts on this matter but it's like i said, it just blows my mind people actually asking for games, i do understand that some cannot afford them or don't have cc available, but i don't understand how come people ask for games, recieve them and a week later (or less) are already asking for another game. Uhm, it was given something like a +60 hour rpg (besides what was grabbed from giveaways) DO YOU REALLY NEED another game? Do you?
The same can be said for those people who take games from giveaways but never do one in return when they have so many games available for trade...

I do fill my backlog with games that i'm not playing and it will probably take years until i do BUT i bought it from my pocket, i didn't use the goodwill of others...

I hope at least that people recieving those games takes at least 5~10 minutes of their time to write a nice message to those nice people who actually worked hard to earn that cash that was used to buy them a game, not just "Thanks, you're awesome" but something with more words, hell, with some paragraphs telling how much they appreaciate the gesture and what they thought of the game.

/end of rant
Post edited December 06, 2014 by Cyraxpt
Christmas is coming soon, and my birthday is a few days after that, so :

-Don't Starve
-Sir, You Are Being Hunted
-Divinity: Original Sin
-Shadow Warrior (2013)
-Banner Saga
-Banished
-Race the Sun
-Risk of Rain
-Terraria
Insurgency (Steam Key)

https://
www.humblebundle.com/
?gift=REGzV85dMq3Dnp62

Sorry cannot post any links.
Cyraxpt: /end of rant
Look at that !! Is the Grychaxpt !!
Post edited December 06, 2014 by siulebuo
low rated
Cyraxpt: /end of rant
siulebuo: Look at that !! Is the Grychaxpt !!
It doesn't work that way and Oblivion is boring as hell, there, i said it.