It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Vainamoinen: (a) victim of gamergate supporters receives threats, reports threats to FBI
(b) gamergate fuckwits claim threats didn't exist
(c) gamergate fuckwits claim victim sent threats to herself
(d) gamergate fuckwits claim FBI was never involved
(e) FBI releases report saying that threats were real, reported, investigated
(f) gamergate fuckwits claim alt-factual "victory" and "vindication"
You mean victim of harassment. Or is anyone who hates on people GG dislikes a target of GG supporters?

If whoever received easily document-able harassment doesn't show anything to prove they were harassed, they shouldn't be questioned at all?

Didn't they say there weren't any? I'm starting to think this is more than one person you're talking about.

No, the poor victims were the ones who said the FBI didn't direct all attention to their case.

And also that many were false flags or reasonable comments on which criminal complaints will not stand. Why leave that out?

That's more a matter of opinion, but please do tell us the actual factual situation then, all knowing enlightened creature.
Stig79: One of the biggest game developers in the 80s and 90s was Roberta Williams. A woman. Gamers didn't mind then and they don't mind now. Sexism in video games is just something non-gamer feminists have come up with.
Or Jane Jensen of Gabriel Knight fame...
But no, the feminist narrative seems to be that gamers look to the packaging to see who wrote it before they decide to buy it and if it's a woman it's a no-go.

Diversity is supposed to be color-blind. A society where no one cares what sex, gender, or ethnicity anyone is. Yet if you look at the typical feminist rag, they are always touting things like how Brianna Wu's game was made by an all-female development team. Or this game by a transgender activist. And it's no surprise some questionable games seem to get awards where the only thing going for it seems to be the sex, gender, ethnicity or sexual persuasion of the authors. It's the complete opposite of the goal of color-blind diversity.

People played Roberta and Jane's games because they were good, not because they were women.
Stig79: One of the biggest game developers in the 80s and 90s was Roberta Williams. A woman. Gamers didn't mind then and they don't mind now. Sexism in video games is just something non-gamer feminists have come up with.
RWarehall: Or Jane Jensen of Gabriel Knight fame...
But no, the feminist narrative seems to be that gamers look to the packaging to see who wrote it before they decide to buy it and if it's a woman it's a no-go.

Diversity is supposed to be color-blind. A society where no one cares what sex, gender, or ethnicity anyone is. Yet if you look at the typical feminist rag, they are always touting things like how Brianna Wu's game was made by an all-female development team. Or this game by a transgender activist. And it's no surprise some questionable games seem to get awards where the only thing going for it seems to be the sex, gender, ethnicity or sexual persuasion of the authors. It's the complete opposite of the goal of color-blind diversity.

People played Roberta and Jane's games because they were good, not because they were women.
If Gabriel Knight: Sins of the fathers came out nowadays, it would be a total storm. How dare they depict "POC" in that way? How dare they depict "blatant examples of toxic masculinity"? That's racist! That's sexits! Voodoo is not like that!

God! I don't know how the remake survived that!

LeonardoCornejo: If Gabriel Knight: Sins of the fathers came out nowadays, it would be a total storm. How dare they depict "POC" in that way? How dare they depict "blatant examples of toxic masculinity"? That's racist! That's sexits! Voodoo is not like that!

It survived because it went under the radar. SJWs are mostly millennials. Game devs have to "simplify the gameplay for a broader audience" to get them to play. Games like GK have no hand-holding or spoonfeeding the player what to do. So Of course they didn't give that game any attention.
low rated

LeonardoCornejo: If Gabriel Knight: Sins of the fathers came out nowadays, it would be a total storm. How dare they depict "POC" in that way? How dare they depict "blatant examples of toxic masculinity"? That's racist! That's sexits! Voodoo is not like that!

Or maybe the fact that it survived is proof that the argument you're making is a bit of a strawman? ;)

Erpy: Or maybe the fact that it survived is proof that the argument you're making is a bit of a strawman? ;)
Did you watch Anita Sarkeesian's latest video? She is doing exactly what I am saying. At every second in the video I wondered how Gabriel Knight managed to avoid it. I guess it has to do with the fact that it is a niche game which goes mostly ignored by hipsters and the cover does not reveal much.

Erpy: Or maybe the fact that it survived is proof that the argument you're making is a bit of a strawman? ;)
It is a small niche game, though. I suspect it flew under the radar of most gamers.

I am sure SJWs would have gotten on that game's back because the black woman in it was tied to a voodoo cult etc. That bit actually was a huge cliche, of course.
Post edited February 04, 2017 by Stig79
Stig79: I am sure SJWs would have gotten on that game's back because the black woman in it was tied to a voodoo cult etc. That bit actually was a huge cliche, of course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUPsGDFZzVM
Science is racist....That is a different level of dumb.
LeonardoCornejo: I swear people like these and those from the Nation of Islam make it nearly impossible to not be racist. They bring in pseudoscience as the apex of black people academics. They are the reason why some people think the KKK was right.
If anyone thinks the KKK was right, they have some severe problems. the KKK will never be right.
LeonardoCornejo: I swear people like these and those from the Nation of Islam make it nearly impossible to not be racist. They bring in pseudoscience as the apex of black people academics. They are the reason why some people think the KKK was right.
Dude, what has happened?
Maybe something is just lost in translation, but this sounds like you have become like your enemies.

"When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy."
Cmdr. Jeffrey Sinclair - Babylon 5 (Episode: Infection)

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Klumpen0815: "Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one."
Friedrich Nietzsche
Let's be complete here:
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.
Klumpen0815: Dude, what has happened?
Maybe something is just lost in translation, but this sounds like you have become like your enemies.

"When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy."
Cmdr. Jeffrey Sinclair - Babylon 5 (Episode: Infection)

"Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one."
Friedrich Nietzsche
I am just stating they are often used to validate racist arguments by those who hold them. I am not stating that is what I believe, but that they basically tarnish the reputation of a whole race since they claim to speak on behalf of it.
100% of Hindus offended by latest Dragon Ball episode : https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-ganesh/

Its the same guy from the Overwatch triggering and SMITE triggering before it, as well as others. He still talks as if he talks on behalf all Hindus, and his organization is based in the USA and its members are tied with various Hindu nationalist groups in India.
Shadowstalker16: 100% of Hindus offended by latest Dragon Ball episode : https://www.db-z.com/dragon-ball-super-ganesh/
Isn't Ganesh one of the most peaceful and chilled gods around?
How does he fit into Dragonball?