It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Stig79: One of those bomb threats the Great Anita was milking for months got debunked as well. "A very real and serious threat to my life" she called.

Looking at the file it was some guy saying he had placed over 7000 bombs at the school where she was to talk about feminism in games....7000 thousand bombs...yeah. Very very believable.
Did you see the ones linked to this:
http://www.dailydot.com/parsec/gamergate-brianna-wu-car-crash-video/

FBI must have had a fun time investigating a parody video...
All those apes who went haywire towards GamerGate suddenly went into hiding. The whole thing is collapsing. The Great Anita seems to be losing a lot of followers as well.

Don't you just love it when morons get the truth handed to them?
You know what else is embarassing? a-GG's "where are they now?" section

https://twitter.com/GamingAndPandas/status/826354847003836417

https://twitter.com/GamingAndPandas/status/826357342639890432
Good grief, the irony.
Stig79: The Great Anita seems to be losing a lot of followers as well.
appabend on Anita's "Not Your Exotic Fantasy" video
Stig79: Don't you just love it when morons get the truth handed to them?
Yes, yes I do
Stig79: The Great Anita seems to be losing a lot of followers as well.
Rusty_Gunn: appabend on Anita's "Not Your Exotic Fantasy" video
Stig79: Don't you just love it when morons get the truth handed to them?
Rusty_Gunn: Yes, yes I do
Micah Curtis made a video deconstructing Snarkeesian's l lies too,
[url=
https://youtu.be/AEfKYCle-C0]
https://youtu.be/AEfKYCle-C0[/url]

I swear sometimes I wished something horrible happened to her, something really horrible. Her actions have caused actual harm. From fraud to a widening of the divide between men and women. She is a paragon of corruption and hatred, a figurehead of all that is wrong with feminism, the incarnation of the worst the left could give to the world. She is pure evil. To some extent I feel she is the primary cause of many of the blights that fell upon the gaming industry right now. She is WORSE THAN Jack Thompson. At least Jack Thompson had some honor.
She has been caught telling lies thousands of times so far. Her supporters ignore it, of course. Since she is a free ride for them to score social points.

Evil she is not, though. She is a self-serving con-artist and it is working great for her.
Gamergate is finally vindicated and the opposition just evaporates. I'm not sure what anti-GG wanted when the FBI investigated. Were they expecting the FBI to cover the truth up for them?
low rated
(a) victim of gamergate supporters receives threats, reports threats to FBI
(b) gamergate fuckwits claim threats didn't exist
(c) gamergate fuckwits claim victim sent threats to herself
(d) gamergate fuckwits claim FBI was never involved
(e) FBI releases report saying that threats were real, reported, investigated
(f) gamergate fuckwits claim alt-factual "victory" and "vindication"

Stig79: Most of those threats were just memes, you know.
I have seldom heard the alt-right "it was all irony" argument stated in a more obvious and more unmasking form. Good thing everyone can feel safe, particularly the target of a gamergate related harassment campaign, because memeified rape threats aren't really rape threats. Thank God!

Shadowstalker16: please do tell us the actual factual situation then, all knowing enlightened creature
The FBI case file lumped a bunch of cases together, with different victims and different charges. At the very least, it covers two victims, not just one. Some of those cases had been reported in the media, hence we can attribute the victim's name to. Others, we don't.

One of the cases that Stig79 would undoubtedly call "just memes" was a batshit crazy alt-right 'comedian' who put deeply psychotic threats against Brianna Wu on his youtube channel. I know, I know, your deflect reflex is tickling; but as he was very vocally supporting gamergate with those infinitely scary "memes", I can call him a gamergate supporter with 100% accuracy.

And what he did was of course adding to gamergate scare tactics towards game designers, whom they vowed to protect from the evil SJW, and towards the press, whom they slandered and threatened to annihilate in concordance with in part unashamedly fascist visions of control ("It's OUR press").

What the 173 page report comes down to is that the FBI was completely unable to help in a terrifying explosion of, to use the appropriate technical term, unabated fuckwittery. The FBI couldn't or wouldn't identify culprits; they struggled with the fuzzy legal situation concerning the internet; they interviewed two suspects total, one of whom had called the victim 50 times with graphic threats.

According to Brianna Wu, one of the identified victims, the FBI report only covers the very tip of the iceberg concerning her own dealings with the FBI. It's in no way a comprehensive report on anything at all, definitely not on the totality of "the gamergate controversy".

The alt-fact gaslighting here is brazenly obvious, and the gaslight is so old that I must have criticized it a hundred times in this thread before. Proponents of "gamergate the decentralized movement" dispute just about anything and any ally being part of the movement when it suits them, even if just yesterday, they were welcoming said tactics or allies. Then an FBI report surfaces that basically says "Cases of gross harassment and terrible threats reported. Didn't do squat. Closed case" – which is then used as a blanket argument of innocence for all of that decentralized movement.

Do you see how that's impossible to swallow for a halfway educated woman?

Of course, as of now, gamergate the cultural event is over, and the cultural war – as is immeasurably evident from this thread BTW – has been all but absorbed into something much larger that culminated in the US election, in which the very same ideology, the same scare and slander and insult tactics, the same memeification, the same conspiracy mongering, the same threats towards the press handed Donald Trump the presidency.
Post edited February 03, 2017 by Vainamoinen
Vainamoinen: (a) victim of gamergate supporters receives threats, reports threats to FBI
Some fuckwit named Vainamoinen cannot accept the fact that there was no nationwide conspiracy against women, just a few Internet trolls...
and false reports like Brianna Wu's attempt to call a parody YouTube video a valid threat....
or Anita Saarkesian claiming hundreds of comments disagreeing with her constitutes harassment...
or that downvoting a 5 minute choose your own adventure is the same as sexism if the creator is a woman even if the game sucks...
Post edited February 02, 2017 by RWarehall
Vainamoinen: (a) victim of gamergate supporters receives threats, reports threats to FBI
Most of those threats were just memes, you know. Try to actually read the files the FBI released. I know it will completely mess up your narrative, and make you look like the moron you are, but still. Better to be informed and corrected than continuing making the same stupid claims, no?
tremere110: Gamergate is finally vindicated and the opposition just evaporates. I'm not sure what anti-GG wanted when the FBI investigated. Were they expecting the FBI to cover the truth up for them?
T
hey were hoping to make noise and spin a narrative about an x amount of threats being reported to the feds. It worked on a pile of morons for a few years. Now it is backfiring on them.
Post edited February 03, 2017 by Stig79
Troy Leavitt, and actual game dev, debunks the claims of sexism within the industry.

https://youtu.be/apQsB-BzHSs
One of the biggest game developers in the 80s and 90s was Roberta Williams. A woman. Gamers didn't mind then and they don't mind now. Sexism in video games is just something non-gamer feminists have come up with.
Stig79: One of the biggest game developers in the 80s and 90s was Roberta Williams. A woman. Gamers didn't mind then and they don't mind now. Sexism in video games is just something non-gamer feminists have come up with.
sssshhh, you are destroying the narrative and showing how much of a crack pot the patriarchy conspiracy theory really is.
I dunno about the rest of you, but if Roberta Williams released a new game tomorrow I would buy it asap.