It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't always get to do this with a game I win, but I've already started Horizon Zero Dawn. And it's so good!

It's like the best parts of the new Tomb Raiders coupled with the best parts of Far Cry 3 & 4 - which for me spells a really good game. I loved the new TRs, and I've been hankering for something like them. This looks like it might just scratch that itch. The Far Cry's are fun but this game might give the old open world the narrative linearity I feel like it needs to pull me through it.

Again, thanks, Doc!
Sulibor: I wrote this via chat, but your post deserves bump for visibility. Thank you for your work on the survey Carradice.
It has been a pleasure. The creativity and involvement displayed in this event has made it something very special. This deserved to be honored properly. I am glad to have helped to do that.

What a month! :-)
Carradice: The graphics intended to appear on the spreadsheet come attached. Enjoy!
Awesome, thanks! :)
Ixamyakxim: And yet another thank you from YET ANOTHER person you were amazingly generous to, giving even more hours of gaming away just because.

SUPER excited to play A Plague Tale - it's very different from my usual types of games..
Dogmaus: For me as well, I'm a 2D pixel-head but this game is charming, really. This, Hellblade and Ghost of a Tale were my favourite 3D adventures I've played in 2020.
I join with you in thanking DOC not just for this but for many games that I have loved here on GOG!
Ghost of a Tale is another one I know I'll get around to at some point. Looks adorable. And like a diorama brought to life.

I LOVE the look of Hellblade (uncanny valley and all - seriously the rendering is so surreal) and even kinda *want* to play it... but I get creeped out with the gritty decent into madness sort of game / media (it's scared me away from SOMA too - was super excited to get it as a freebie one sale but still haven't found the nerve to play it).

For reference - I can get into the "lighter" Fear and Loathing sort of thing but A Scanner Darkly is disturbing to me to bring it to the written / film realm.
And then, after everyone left, 2 weird figures appeared.
They shouted their names, GOGMAN and Visionary, but nobody else showed up.
They stared at the empy arena quite puzzled for a while, until finally they went away too.
Dogmaus: For me as well, I'm a 2D pixel-head but this game is charming, really. This, Hellblade and Ghost of a Tale were my favourite 3D adventures I've played in 2020.
I join with you in thanking DOC not just for this but for many games that I have loved here on GOG!
Ixamyakxim: Ghost of a Tale is another one I know I'll get around to at some point. Looks adorable. And like a diorama brought to life.

I LOVE the look of Hellblade (uncanny valley and all - seriously the rendering is so surreal) and even kinda *want* to play it... but I get creeped out with the gritty decent into madness sort of game / media (it's scared me away from SOMA too - was super excited to get it as a freebie one sale but still haven't found the nerve to play it).

For reference - I can get into the "lighter" Fear and Loathing sort of thing but A Scanner Darkly is disturbing to me to bring it to the written / film realm.
Ghost of a Tale is absolutely amazing. An RPG with (almost) no combat, and very fun characters. The rich lore hinted at a big and complex world outside that I hope we get to revisit one day. Made almost in its entirety by a single person!

Hellblade is in my opinion the best looking game on GOG. And the music is glorious. More than creepy, I found it very emotional heavy, but definitely worthy. They had a mental health advisor (the first person mentioned in the opening credits, actually) to make sure their depiction was accurate and respectful.

These two games prove that there is still a lot for the gaming industry to grow and explore, and that games can be art.
phaolo: They stared at the empy arena quite puzzled for a while, until finally they went away too.
And so, the fight club program reached its end and terminated, thus allowing 5A955D to erase all relevant data from his chips and finally take some rest, before the long-term scheduler does its thing again and 5A955D gets in action once more. And so they all lived a great story, bit by bit...
I started Spiritfarer and it already made me choke up. Despite some issues I have with the controls being unintuitive, it's exactly what I wanted! So much heart in it, very relaxing, and good characters. I'm happy to see everyone else happy with their games as well :D.

I struggled with the stealth of Ghost of a Tale but I want to love it. I will try it again at some point. I haven't finished Hellblade yet though I've only about 2 hours left, because one definitely needs to be in the right mindset/mood for it. But I love it for the care they took and the research put in to keep it respectful.
Nicely done Doc and everyone, was most enjoyable.
Post edited January 16, 2021 by Moonbeam
Standing in the middle of the now-abandoned battle arena, three-headed Malicia emits some tiny roars and modest meows to break the silence surrounding her, only to be spooked by the sound of her own echoes.

ZiTheBookishGamer: I started Spiritfarer and it already made me choke up. Despite some issues I have with the controls being unintuitive, it's exactly what I wanted! So much heart in it, very relaxing, and good characters.
Much to my surprise, Spiritfarer became my favorite of 2020. ;)
high rated
ZiTheBookishGamer: I started Spiritfarer and it already made me choke up. Despite some issues I have with the controls being unintuitive, it's exactly what I wanted! So much heart in it, very relaxing, and good characters. I'm happy to see everyone else happy with their games as well :D.
matterbandit: Much to my surprise, Spiritfarer became my favorite of 2020. ;)
Spiritfarer was a surprise to me as well, and my top game of 2020. It was gifted to me by a very special friend after B passed on, and the 'spirit', heart and story of the game really touched me and helped on so many levels. I definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a fun game which will make you smile, but also touch your heart and soul. :)

matterbandit: Standing in the middle of the now-abandoned battle arena, three-headed Malicia emits some tiny roars and modest meows to break the silence surrounding her, only to be spooked by the sound of her own echoes.
From the corner of the arena rolls a glowing 'spirit-ball'. After it bounds a fluffy cat, who skids to a stop, flips on it's back and juggles the ball ... before looking over and tossing it to Malicia playfully. 'Thank Mew' ;)
bjgamer: From the corner of the arena rolls a glowing 'spirit-ball'. After it bounds a fluffy cat, who skids to a stop, flips on it's back and juggles the ball ... before looking over and tossing it to Malicia playfully. 'Thank Mew' ;)
ROFL!! XD Brilliant reference! ;)
high rated
Hey guys, sorry i disappeared for so long and didn't update the Fight Club page anymore (we also had planned some awards to our favorite characters that I couldn't get to implement). My internet died on the first days of January, before the tournament was over and I've been without access to Internet until last week. These days have been madness for me, catching up with my email, clients, belated projects, family and friends abroad, etc.

I plan to update the Fight Club page when I find myself with more time, right now I've been kind of overwhelmed with work. Congratulations to all the giveaway winners, and I've yet to read how the tournament ended and who won, but also congratulations to the tournament winner!

I'll post here again with the link when the page has been updated, it will probably take a few weeks.

I've missed the GOG community so much, it feels great to be back! :)
krugos2: Hey guys, sorry i disappeared for so long and didn't update the Fight Club page anymore (we also had planned some awards to our favorite characters that I couldn't get to implement). My internet died on the first days of January, before the tournament was over and I've been without access to Internet until last week. These days have been madness for me, catching up with my email, clients, belated projects, family and friends abroad, etc.

I plan to update the Fight Club page when I find myself with more time, right now I've been kind of overwhelmed with work. Congratulations to all the giveaway winners, and I've yet to read how the tournament ended and who won, but also congratulations to the tournament winner!

I'll post here again with the link when the page has been updated, it will probably take a few weeks.

I've missed the GOG community so much, it feels great to be back! :)
There you are! Welcome back man!
Genocide2099: There you are! Welcome back man!
Thank you! :)