It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thank you very much for the game, finkleroy and GamezRanker!
Post edited April 05, 2021 by DellJennin667
GamezRanker: I wonder....what's the difference between the two? o.0
Size.
DiffuseReflection: Ability to renovate flats and apartments.
Although cinema and television have changed this, historically --- and to a great respect still today --- flat is British, apartment is American.
Lexor: Size.
mrkgnao: Although cinema and television have changed this, historically --- and to a great respect still today --- flat is British, apartment is American.
Possibly both right? Flat coming from flat top (flat roof) building (as opposed to a house, with typically gable roof and so on).

Then, in the US, apartment for small condos, reserving common use of latter word for larger dwellings. Does this sound right to you?
Can I ask for My Brother Rabbit?
mrkgnao: Although cinema and television have changed this, historically --- and to a great respect still today --- flat is British, apartment is American.
Carradice: Possibly both right? Flat coming from flat top (flat roof) building (as opposed to a house, with typically gable roof and so on).

Then, in the US, apartment for small condos, reserving common use of latter word for larger dwellings. Does this sound right to you?
Both are right and both can be found on both sides of the Atlantic, but flat is more common in UK and apartment more common in US.
Carradice: Possibly both right? Flat coming from flat top (flat roof) building (as opposed to a house, with typically gable roof and so on).

mrkgnao: Both are right and both can be found on both sides of the Atlantic, but flat is more common in UK and apartment more common in US.
Sure! I mean, both of you, Lexor and mrkgnao being right, with the connotation of appartments being somewhat smaller and condos larger, and 'flat' being neutral about size when used in the UK (condo being uncommon to the East of the Atlantic). Just being curious, is all.
mrkgnao: Both are right and both can be found on both sides of the Atlantic, but flat is more common in UK and apartment more common in US.
Carradice: Sure! I mean, both of you, Lexor and mrkgnao being right, with the connotation of appartments being somewhat smaller and condos larger, and 'flat' being neutral about size when used in the UK (condo being uncommon to the East of the Atlantic). Just being curious, is all.
I didn't realise you were referring to Lexor's answer. I'm not aware of a consistent difference in size between flats and apartments where both are used. Except, of course, that flat is four letters and apartment nine.
Post edited April 05, 2021 by mrkgnao
high rated
PixelBoy: Can I ask for My Brother Rabbit?
Granted.
could I ask for GoNNER BlüEBERRY EdiTION?
high rated
te_lanus: could I ask for GoNNER BlüEBERRY EdiTION?
Granted.
Carradice: Sure! I mean, both of you, Lexor and mrkgnao being right, with the connotation of appartments being somewhat smaller and condos larger, and 'flat' being neutral about size when used in the UK (condo being uncommon to the East of the Atlantic). Just being curious, is all.
mrkgnao: I didn't realise you were referring to Lexor's answer. I'm not aware of a consistent difference in size between flats and apartments where both are used. Except, of course, that flat is four letters and apartment nine.
I do not think there is a difference in meaning, since flat is used in the UK for all. What about apartment vs condo in the US?
mrkgnao: I didn't realise you were referring to Lexor's answer. I'm not aware of a consistent difference in size between flats and apartments where both are used. Except, of course, that flat is four letters and apartment nine.
Carradice: I do not think there is a difference in meaning, since flat is used in the UK for all. What about apartment vs condo in the US?
Although this is not always strictly adhered to in common parlance, the primary difference between the two in the US is ownership. Condos are owned by the residents (who may of course also rent it out), while apartments are owned by a holdings company (who owns the entire building or complex) and rented out to the residents.
Post edited April 05, 2021 by mrkgnao
Carradice: I do not think there is a difference in meaning, since flat is used in the UK for all. What about apartment vs condo in the US?
mrkgnao: Although this is not always strictly adhered to in common parlance, the primary difference between the two in the US is ownership. Condos are owned by the residents (who may of course also rent it out), while apartments are owned by a holdings company (who owns the entire building or complex) and rented out to the residents.
Thank you! That helped.
Thank you finkleroy and gogtrial34987.