It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
wiiseeyou: Is there any chance a Arx Fatalis key is still available?
It's on the list of available games, but you don't seem to have much forum activity, so you don't really qualify for the giveaway yet. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and make some meaningful posts and/or tell some jokes here and there in threads that aren't specifically for game giveaways, and before you know it you'll be eligible. In the meantime, someone in the community gifting thread might be able to help you out. The only way to fast-track the qualification process is to donate some keys. I'm just trying to make sure you're not only on the forum to get free games. Donating isn't mandatory, but it's a good indication that you're not just here for free games.
PaterAlf: It's not about them being scammers, but about them coming here, asking for games without any activity and not even bother to read the rules/the OP. I don't care that much, but I can see why people would downvote them for that. It also increases finkleroy's workload and that might become frustrating for him/her after a while.
I agree with it possibly being more work for Fink, and don't want to add to their workdload....I was just musing about my thoughts on how such posts should be handled.

Imo low ratings should be reserved for truly rude/nasty people or truly bad posts(so as to not scare away or dissuade possibly good newcomers to the forums), and that people should try to do more as some have done before(explaining how the thread works to newcomers first)....and then if that user keeps persisting or becomes rude, then I think people should ignore/low rate/report.....but of course that's just my two cents on the matter & to each their own(in how they choose to respond to such).
Post edited August 17, 2020 by GameRacer
GameRacer:
When the rules are very clearly stated in the OP, a request made obviously without reading (or reading but ignoring) them hardly strikes me as something particularly deserving of a gentle treatment. It's very different when someone goes "I know this is for active community members and I don't know if I qualify yet, but if I do I'd like to request ...", and those posts don't usually get downrated.
low rated
Cavalary: When the rules are very clearly stated in the OP, a request made obviously without reading (or reading but ignoring) them hardly strikes me as something particularly deserving of a gentle treatment. It's very different when someone goes "I know this is for active community members and I don't know if I qualify yet, but if I do I'd like to request ...", and those posts don't usually get downrated.
Fair enough.

And I 100% agree that such posters should be "handled" in some form.....I was just musing about the (from my pov) shortcomings of low rating such posts vs. other methods**.

(**=imo a low rating isn't very helpful or informative & I feel that other methods[like users setting the newcomer straight with a reply on how to properly use the thread and act within it] would be better suited and more helpful in such cases....well unless a newcomers was rude or kept persisting, that is[in such cases I feel that low rating/ignoring/reporting would work better])

--

Also to you and all: Sorry for bringing this up....I only had good intentions in mind(such as wanting to put on a good first impression for actual good newcomers to the forums and etc) and didn't mean to upset anyone(if indeed I ended up doing so).
Might I request The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav? It looks pretty interesting!
high rated
JakobFel: Might I request The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav? It looks pretty interesting!
Granted.
Awesome, thanks Catac1ysm and finkleroy!
GameRacer: (imo a low rating isn't very helpful or informative & I feel that other methods [like users setting the newcomer straight with a reply on how to properly use the thread and act within it] would be better suited and more helpful in such cases....well unless a newcomers was rude or kept persisting, that is[in such cases I feel that low rating/ignoring/reporting would work better)
I don't want to add to the off-topicness but during last month when the exceedingly generous Doc donated over 200 keys, there were something like 15-16 requests that finkleroy turned down, many 1-day old accounts with zero paid games, zero forum interaction (and one even brazenly asked how to play the rep system upwards on another thread). Out of those I think I've seen only 3-4 of them post on the forums on other topics and actually intend to become part of the community instead of vanishing into thin air.

I don't think anyone sits there hating them personally but that's not a particularly good ratio. Even the usual posting a link to the Community Gifting Thread is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt, as although that doesn't require forum participation, the word "Community" obviously means more than 'create a new account, ask for a game, then disappear never to be seen of again'. For all "GOG's forum is not perfect" observations, there is a solid core of decent people here and I suspect a lot of downvoting is just people not wanting to see finkleroy or the generous donors to end up getting scammed.
AB2012: For all "GOG's forum is not perfect" observations, there is a solid core of decent people here and I suspect a lot of downvoting is just people not wanting to see finkleroy or the generous donors to end up getting scammed.
Those are fair points, and somewhat agreed....I have different ideas on how such users should be handled, but I can see & respect how others might have differing ideas on such.

That said, I will leave it there and hope no one felt slighted by anything I said or took it the wrong way.

Have a good one, everyone, and happy gaming.
GameRacer: (imo a low rating isn't very helpful or informative & I feel that other methods [like users setting the newcomer straight with a reply on how to properly use the thread and act within it] would be better suited and more helpful in such cases....well unless a newcomers was rude or kept persisting, that is[in such cases I feel that low rating/ignoring/reporting would work better)
AB2012: I don't want to add to the off-topicness but during last month when the exceedingly generous Doc donated over 200 keys, there were something like 15-16 requests that finkleroy turned down, many 1-day old accounts with zero paid games, zero forum interaction (and one even brazenly asked how to play the rep system upwards on another thread). Out of those I think I've seen only 3-4 of them post on the forums on other topics and actually intend to become part of the community instead of vanishing into thin air.

I don't think anyone sits there hating them personally but that's not a particularly good ratio. Even the usual posting a link to the Community Gifting Thread is giving a lot of benefit of the doubt, as although that doesn't require forum participation, the word "Community" obviously means more than 'create a new account, ask for a game, then disappear never to be seen of again'. For all "GOG's forum is not perfect" observations, there is a solid core of decent people here and I suspect a lot of downvoting is just people not wanting to see finkleroy or the generous donors to end up getting scammed.
Yeah this is one of my fears and why I stopped donating so many Stronghold games.
Originally I planed at least having all the time one Stronghold HD Version on the list but I stopped because I thought that it would devalue it because then people would startk taking it for granted to get one.

Now I donate when I can or just as my sacrifice to God when something really good happened.
May I ask for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis?

I am new to these forums, but I do intend on contributing what I can to them.

Thank you for your efforts!
Post edited August 17, 2020 by Bripaticus
high rated
Bripaticus: May I ask for Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis?

I am new to these forums, but I do intend on contributing what I can to them.

Thank you for your efforts!
You don't really qualify for the giveaway yet. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the forum and make some meaningful posts and/or tell some jokes here and there in threads that aren't specifically for game giveaways, and before you know it you'll be eligible. In the meantime, someone in the community gifting thread might be able to help you out. The only way to fast-track the qualification process is to donate some keys. I'm just trying to make sure you're not only on the forum to get free games. Donating isn't mandatory, but it's a good indication that you're not just here for free games.
I'd like to nominate le_chevalier for King's Bounty: The Legend.
May I ask for Shadow Man?

Thank you even if it won't be not granted :).
high rated
anx: May I ask for Shadow Man?

Thank you even if it won't be not granted :).
Granted.