It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Makotolia: Hi bjgamer, did you also play WB3? I wonder which one in the series is the best.
Ghorpm: I think I can answer this question:
- Warlords Battlecry 1 is the most simple one but I usually recommend it for its evil campaign. I won't spoil anything but it's significantly different then in other games where evil = kill everybody who stand agains you and kill some of those who don't just for a good measure.
- Warlords Battlecry 2 is great for developing your hero. You pick a race, start with a single province and it's your task to conquer everything. Not much story but watching your hero growing in power is amazing. There are so many different options and ways how to develop him/her that I have replayed the game no less than ten times just to try something different. And there are still some things I haven't tried yet! Different kind of mages are particularly interesting but a bit hard at the beginning when your hero is weak. But after leveling him/her up you get an access to so many cool and deadly spells that you can kill a decent army on your own. Trust me this is absolutely amazing feature of this game.
- Warlords Battlecry 3 is story oriented. On the world map you pick where to go and then you play a mission. In some cases, depending on your race, you can even pick which side would be your friend and which an enemy. After finishing a few missions the main quest starts to be slowly revealed so you start to visit some places on purpose to learn more about what's happening. It is quite interesting and non typical for RTS so it's good to check the game too. The only problem is that the complexity of hero leveling system is gone and while you can still upgrade your hero it's not even nearly as satisfing as it is in Warlords Battlecry 2 and I'm still mad for the devs for that.

My personal favorite is definitely WB2 but WB3 is good if you like story and unconvential way to tell it. I usually advise to get them both. You can still pick WB1 if you are a completionist but apart from aforementioned evil campaign nothing else stands out so it's still safe to skip.

I hope that helped ;)
This is cool! It surely helps! Now I guess I see why bjgamer donated WB2, thank you Ghorpm!
aRealCyborg: me, takes the email and puts it though a scammer email thing :P
MarkoH01: Just downvote it and click on "report as spam" when the post is hidden. This way the post will be deleted automatically after a while (if enough people are doing this). Just did the same :)
ok
also congratz on 3000 rep
Post edited April 12, 2019 by aRealCyborg
high rated
MarkoH01: Just downvote it and click on "report as spam" when the post is hidden. This way the post will be deleted automatically after a while (if enough people are doing this). Just did the same :)
aRealCyborg: ok
Thank you very much and thanks to the whole community for it as well.
aRealCyborg: ok
MarkoH01: Thank you very much and thanks to the whole community for it as well.
(likes to post to ruin the perfect 3000 number >:) )
Aww, Pathway already requested like a trillion times xD Welp... Back to the shade under the rock :P
aghem: May I have Legend of Grimrock ?
zeogold: All granted.
Thank you very much Doc0075 and Zeogold! :)
bjgamer: ... Warlords Battlecry 2 is another old favorite, and I recommend at least once as the Dark Elves. Have fun! :)
Makotolia: Hi bjgamer, did you also play WB3? I wonder which one in the series is the best.
Ghorpm: I think I can answer this question: ....
Hi Makotolia. Ghorpm did a great job outlining the differences in the Warlords Battlecry games without spoilers and I recommend anyone who is interested in them check out his post (post 7109). ;) (Thanks, Ghorpm!) I actually have all of the games as they are old favorites of mine and were one of my first repurchases here on GoG.

- I agree with Ghorpm that WB1 is interesting for the evil campaign, but not outstanding beyond that.
- WB2 is where the series shines. The hero system combined with the different races makes WB2 vastly replayable, with lots of options to try out and discover, and a map editor which adds even more replayability. Beyond many enjoyable hours in the game itself, my wife's challenging map creations added to many fun LAN parties for us.
- WB3 is also a very good game, but like Ghorpm, I was disappointed in how the devs took out a lot of what made the hero system in WB2 so special. Do not get me wrong - WB3 is still very worth playing with a good storyline and mods (I believe the GoG game page links to one) which add replayability, but I found myself not going back to it as much as WB2.

So while I would definitely recommend both WB2 and WB3 (and IMHO I think you personally would enjoy both greatly); for the complexity, possibilities and replayability WB2 is my favorite and the one I donate to introduce others to an outstanding old-time fantasy RTS with RPG flavor. :)
Post edited April 12, 2019 by bjgamer
Thank you for the info about a game I had not previously known about, name the Warlords BattleCry series!
Alexim: May I ask for Pathway?
Granted.

Ixamyakxim: Any way I could get Pathway?

Huge fan of Renowned Explorers and FTL - usually not a big "pixel" person but these look nice and clean (some stuff is just ugly and takes away from the game for me - almost makes it hard to play - but here they seem sharp enough that it actually works if that makes sense).
Schizo2015: may i have pathway please?
Beaten to it, sorry.

jonridan: the shade under the rock :P
Ah, now there's something I have available.
Ghorpm: I think I can answer this question: ....
bjgamer: Hi Makotolia. Ghorpm did a great job outlining the differences in the Warlords Battlecry games without spoilers and I recommend anyone who is interested in them check out his post (post 7109). ;) (Thanks, Ghorpm!) I actually have all of the games as they are old favorites of mine and were one of my first repurchases here on GoG.

- I agree with Ghorpm that WB1 is interesting for the evil campaign, but not outstanding beyond that.
- WB2 is where the series shines. The hero system combined with the different races makes WB2 vastly replayable, with lots of options to try out and discover, and a map editor which adds even more replayability. Beyond many enjoyable hours in the game itself, my wife's challenging map creations added to many fun LAN parties for us.
- WB3 is also a very good game, but like Ghorpm, I was disappointed in how the devs took out a lot of what made the hero system in WB2 so special. Do not get me wrong - WB3 is still very worth playing with a good storyline and mods (I believe the GoG game page links to one) which add replayability, but I found myself not going back to it as much as WB2.

So while I would definitely recommend both WB2 and WB3 (and IMHO I think you personally would enjoy both greatly); for the complexity, possibilities and replayability WB2 is my favorite and the one I donate to introduce others to an outstanding old-time fantasy RTS with RPG flavor. :)
Thanks as always, bjgamer:) I hadn’t heard of this series before this recent sale, and found little detailed info about WB1 and WB2 (it seems that only WB3 has Chinese localization). The opinions from you and Ghorpm certainly help, I would probably try out WB2 upon the next sale ;)
Ghorpm: snip
Not sure if you'd know, but wasn't Battlecry an offshoot/sequel of the original Warlords series?
Makotolia: Thanks as always, bjgamer:) I hadn’t heard of this series before this recent sale, and found little detailed info about WB1 and WB2 (it seems that only WB3 has Chinese localization). The opinions from you and Ghorpm certainly help, I would probably try out WB2 upon the next sale ;)
You are welcome! The series seems to go on sale for the big GoG Summer and Winter sales mostly. ;) I wonder if you might find a Chinese localization among some mods for WB2 ... I don't know, but it might be worth checking out if you are able to access various mods.

Ghorpm: snip
bler144: Not sure if you'd know, but wasn't Battlecry an offshoot/sequel of the original Warlords series?
I think I can answer this one. :) Yes, it is, but where Warlords was TBS (turn-based), Warlords Battlecry is RTS and they did a good job of it. The Gog game page for Warlords Battlecry 1 references the original series briefly - "Warlords Battlecry translates the classic turn-based Warlords gameplay into a fast and furious real-time strategy game." - but the other two games only mentioned it in the reviews.
Post edited April 13, 2019 by bjgamer
Makotolia: Thanks as always, bjgamer:) I hadn’t heard of this series before this recent sale, and found little detailed info about WB1 and WB2 (it seems that only WB3 has Chinese localization). The opinions from you and Ghorpm certainly help, I would probably try out WB2 upon the next sale ;)
bjgamer: You are welcome! The series seems to go on sale for the big GoG Summer and Winter sales mostly. ;) I wonder if you might find a Chinese localization among some mods for WB2 ... I don't know, but it might be worth checking out if you are able to access various mods.
Oh, I guess I’d be fine with English version, it’s just that without localization there will be much less discussion and reviews in my mother tongue so that it’s more difficult to find out how people think about a certain game. I read the GOG store reviews, but failed to find out why WB2 is still some people’s favorite while WB3 has more races to choose. I must hadn’t read them carefully enough;)
Thanks BenKii for the nomination, Sanscript for the code, and Zeo for organizing it all!!

I was looking at this game during the last sale :-)
Thanks to BeatriceElysia for Pathway, it looks like we have some really good taste in video games!
And thanks as always to zeogold for his dedication.