It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We all have a soft spot for excellent games provided to us by Paradox Interactive – absolute titans of the strategy genre, who are responsible for thousands of hours that we’ve spent having fun in their titles.

That’s why it is an absolute pleasure that 4 Paradox games (with 3 of them being beloved classics) are joining our catalog today with awesome Summer Sale discounts! Next adventures await you in: Crusader Kings II, Knights of Honor, Arsenal of Democracy, and Academia: School Simulator. Let’s take a look at them.

Pssst! Come join us on our Twitch Channel on June 14th (Today) at 7 PM UTC to see DarkSaber2k tackle Crusader Kings II and on June 17th (Saturday) at 1 AM UTC to help Lovelust in Academia: School Simulator. See you in the chat!

Crusader Kings II (available to grab for free)
Historical, medieval grand strategy that captured the hearts of players all over the world since its initial release in 2012. Become a ruler of a medieval dynasty, engaging in politics, warfare, and diplomacy. With its deep gameplay mechanics, character-driven storytelling, historical authenticity, and open-ended nature, it offers a unique and immersive experience in shaping the course of history.

Moreover, 31 of the game’s DLCs are also now available on GOG, all with -50% Summer Sale discounts (and -66% for Crusader Kings II Tales of Treachery e-book).

And if you’d like to go with the bigger packages, you’ll also find Dynasty Starter Pack (-55%), Royal Collection (-58%), Imperial Collection (-60%) with their discounts available throughout the whole Summer Sale.

Find all the DLCs, packs, as well as other discounted Paradox Interactive games HERE.

Knights of Honor (-75%)
2005’s RTS masterpiece known for its immersive gameplay and historical setting. You lead a medieval kingdom, making strategic decisions to expand your influence through diplomacy and warfare. The game offers a blend of real-time and grand strategy elements, allowing you to manage your economy, engage in battles, and navigate diplomatic relationships. Its historical accuracy, strategic depth, and diverse playstyles make it a compelling choice for every strategy enthusiast.

Arsenal of Democracy (-75%)
Now with this historical strategy we are shifting into the era of World War II. Taking place in 1936-64, Arsenal of Democracy lets you play as any nation during WW2, complete with detailed models for economics, diplomacy, research, and intelligence. Historical accuracy, complex gameplay mechanics, and the ability to control and shape the outcome of the war will let you immerse yourself while rewriting history and experiencing the challenges of the world’s most influential military conflict.

Academia: School Simulator (-40%)
Unleash your creativity in this managerial tycoon game. Design and manage your own school with freedom to customize and build a functioning educational institution. Construct classrooms, hire staff, and oversee daily operations. You can expect strategic challenges, personalization options, and a sandbox mode for endless creativity. An immersive experience of building and managing a school while nurturing student success.

These Paradox Interactive titles could be crown jewels to the strategic side of your gaming library. Make full use of their discounts, check out all the Paradox deals HERE, and browse through more than 5400 bargains packed within Summer Sale. Enjoy!
If one buys the complete Imperial Edition of Crusader Kings II, does its offline installers really come with two hundred or so separate offline installers, one for each DLC?

Or how do you activate the separate DLCs in the game, when not using Galaxy?
Splatsch: Really happy to finally see Knights of Honor here !!!
Are there people who know a way to have a widescreen version of the game with GOG's version ?
Probably easier than with the Steam version. The GOG versions is patched to the last official 1.05. the Steam version surprisingly is not up to date. The widescreen fan patch needs the 1.05 version, so it should be more straightforward than with the Steam one, because you needed to update game, tweak the registry to let the widescreen patch detect the game etc
Gudadantza: Probably easier than with the Steam version. The GOG versions is patched to the last official 1.05. the Steam version surprisingly is not up to date. The widescreen fan patch needs the 1.05 version, so it should be more straightforward than with the Steam one, because you needed to update game, tweak the registry to let the widescreen patch detect the game etc
So this https://www.moddb.com/mods/knights-of-honor-ultimate-mod should work ? Thanks for the help !
timppu: If one buys the complete Imperial Edition of Crusader Kings II, does its offline installers really come with two hundred or so separate offline installers, one for each DLC?

I can only imagine theres a "season pass" installer for the dlc like some other "complete" games

Edit: for the steam version, many dlc are pretty much unlock codes
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Sachys
MrZeno: Crusader Kings II has had the multiplayer removed, what is it with GOG accepting cut-down versions of games. I'm really beginning to rethink my aversion to Steam because this is happening way too often.
Ueber: Have you tested it by yourself?
It was mentioned on the release stream on GOGs twitch channel.
timppu: If one buys the complete Imperial Edition of Crusader Kings II, does its offline installers really come with two hundred or so separate offline installers, one for each DLC?

Sachys: I can only imagine theres a "season pass" installer for the dlc like some other "complete" games

It looks like it's less granular than it is on Steam, for example, the "Ultimate Portrait Pack Collection" contains ten portrait packs, but it's just one download, and they're not available separately here

It looks like it's about thirty installers for everything
Thank you GOG & Paradox for bringing more classics!

Insta-bought both Knights of Honor & Arsenal of Democracy.

I am a big fan of grand strategy and would have loved to play Crusader Kings II, but it's too much for me to deal with your absolute DLC madness.
Let me know when you decide to sell a complete game.

Until then, I'll stick to the older titles.

Have a good one!
1Byte2Bits: I am a big fan of grand strategy and would have loved to play Crusader Kings II, but it's too much for me to deal with your absolute DLC madness.
Let me know when you decide to sell a complete game.
They do, it is called the imperial collection and it sells at a whooping 283CAD (about 212USD) at full price: https://www.gog.com/en/game/crusader_kings_ii_imperial_collection

I guess I'll be waiting for a ~90% discount on that one as it is a big ask for one game :P.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Magnitus
Sachys: I can only imagine theres a "season pass" installer for the dlc like some other "complete" games

maxpoweruser: It looks like it's less granular than it is on Steam, for example, the "Ultimate Portrait Pack Collection" contains ten portrait packs, but it's just one download, and they're not available separately here

It looks like it's about thirty installers for everything
im hazarding a guess in my prior post there will be a single upgrade installer. that is all.
Nice to see Crusader Kings II on GOG, along with Arsenal of Democracy and Knights of Honor. School's out, so now I have some time to actually play some games.
MoreLinuxonGOG: Just placed the order on the Imperial Collection.

It doesn't include Mac or Linux installers as of now. Talk about false advertising...
Very disappointing. Thanks for the heads up.
timppu: Or how do you activate the separate DLCs in the game, when not using Galaxy?
The game has a launcher, where you can enable/disable individual DLCs (and sometimes, I think, even parts of DLCs).
Post edited June 15, 2023 by mrkgnao
Thanks to GOG and Paradox.
MoreLinuxonGOG: Just placed the order on the Imperial Collection.

It doesn't include Mac or Linux installers as of now. Talk about false advertising...
t-elos: Very disappointing. Thanks for the heads up.
Knowing GOG, it was a mistake on their part. I only see support for windows on CK2 store page.
Post edited June 15, 2023 by Syphon72
So, I "bought" Crusader Kings II today, and was asked to fill out a survey. I did, but the survey isn't without some issues:
* It doesn't account for the "purchased" game being a freebie.
* When asked for a reason to buy games here, DRM-free wasn't one of the choices. (Playing offline was, but DRM-free was not.)

(Worth noting that I didn't buy any of the DLCs.)