It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Picture yourself lounging by the pool, sipping a refreshing beverage, and diving into a virtual world filled with excitement – that’s the essence of our Summer Sale, waiting for you with more than 5400 titles discounted up to -90%, GIVEAWAY of Sunblaze, and Contra Anniversary Collection available in our store right now and discounted -80% for the duration of Summer Sale!

Whether you're an RPG enthusiast, a strategy connoisseur, an adrenaline-seeking action fan or anything in between, you can explore a vast selection of games and discover new favorites to keep you entertained throughout those long summer days and balmy nights.

Let’s jump right into it – Summer Sale is here!

Summer Sale lasts until July 3rd, 10 PM UTC, and you can start to bask in the warm glow of incredible deals right now. Browse every discounted title HERE, pick your favorites and immerse yourself in captivating stories, conquer new worlds, and embark on thrilling quests as you dive headfirst into an incredible summer gaming extravaganza.

We’ve also prepared curated collections to help you discover amazing titles of a specific genre or theme. Check out the RPG, Indie, Classic or Cyberpunk games, and expect more to come!

And since we’ve mentioned classics… Contra Anniversary Collection is now available on GOG with a -80% discount which lasts for the duration of Summer Sale!

Get ready to take a trip down memory lane with this classic release that has captivated generations of gamers! With crisp graphics and authentic gameplay, you'll feel like you've stepped back in time to the golden age of retro gaming; and whether you're a longtime fan of these classics, or a new player looking to experience gaming history, the Contra Anniversary Collection has something for everyone.

The classic Run and Gun franchise is back – on modern platforms, for both oldtimers to relive their memories, and a new generation of gamers. No matter the age, it’s time to grab your power ups, and blast your way through waves of menacing enemies and bosses that will put your skill to the test. Be careful though, because this selection of timeless favorites will surely awaken something special in you: the uncontrollable excitement of the arcade era and classic retro gaming!

The Collection includes such classics as:
Contra (Arcade)
Super Contra
Contra (NA)
Contra (JP)
Super C
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Operation C
Contra Hard Corps
Super Probotector Alien Rebels
Probotector

As well as a digital Bonus Book with unique concept documents and sketches, the official chronology of the franchise, an exclusive interview with the veteran producer of the series… and more!

So what are you waiting for? Grab yours, get comfortable, and prepare to lose yourself in the timeless fun of classic retro gaming!
Post edited June 12, 2023 by king_kunat
Dohi64:
All right, clearly you're just full of self-righteous anger and spoiling for a fight with anyone who doesn't agree with you hard enough. I was genuinely trying to inform you of recently added site features you might not be aware, of as politely as I could, in my first couple replies, but I'm out. Feel free to have the last word, but I probably won't read it. Consider, though, that if you're really so embittered, it would be infinitely better to just seriously take time off from posting on GOG, rather than becoming "that guy" whose posts the other regulars skip reading because they already know what they're going to say. (This is assuming you haven't always been a jerk here; I honestly don't remember.)
The discounted price for the Contra Collection is decent, but I've found these negative reviews on Steam that worry me:

"You can't exit the game unless you alt f4 or can't make it full-screen unless alt enter. There's nowhere to see what are the controls on keyboard and even a Xbox controller, doesn't really work properly and you have to fight everything in the menus to just do the most basic navigation. Just play it on a emulator, seriously! "

"This game has emulation problem. It randomly speeds up which affects gameplay."

"Player 2 is not being recognized with either keyboard or controllers"
Post edited June 13, 2023 by phaolo
HunchBluntley: GOG have always (at best) given the impression of a company of passionate amateurs with only the thinnest, brittlest veneer of professionalism.
I think you hit the nail on the head with this great description. "passionate amateurs" ... I love it :)
phaolo: The discounted price for the Contra Collection is decent, but I've found these negative reviews on Steam that worry me:

"You can't exit the game unless you alt f4 or can't make it full-screen unless alt enter. There's nowhere to see what are the controls on keyboard and even a Xbox controller, doesn't really work properly and you have to fight everything in the menus to just do the most basic navigation. Just play it on a emulator, seriously! "

"This game has emulation problem. It randomly speeds up which affects gameplay."

"Player 2 is not being recognized with either keyboard or controllers"
The UI could be a lot more user-friendly, yes. Other than Alt-F4, if you're in windowed mode, you can click on the X on the top right to close the game. You can see a list of the keyboard and controller controls for each game by pressing the number 1, then selecting Manual. Default confirm / close keys are Z / X. I haven't experienced 'random' speed-ups, but depending on the game, the game will slow when there are more active enemies on screen and speed up as they are eliminated. I haven't tried 2 player mode so I can't speak about that.
Great sale as expected from GOG and thanks again for the giveaways!

But where did the Sunblaze giveaway disappear? I claimed it an hour ago for the kids and the timer (on multiple newly refreshed windows) showed more than nine hours remaining. I found it strange because GOG giveaways usually end at a different time in my local zone.
And half an hour ago when I booted my PC to claim Sunblaze for my own account it was already gone and the banner was replaced with the Goodies giveaway (when there should have been 8+ more hours to access it).
Weird as it may seem, but I like taking screenshots of the banners and here is what it showed an hour ago:
Attachments:
untitled.jpg (36 Kb)
I'm not interested in the Evil West release .

Did they add any games to the sale today ?

RGam: Great sale as expected from GOG and thanks again for the giveaways!

But where did the Sunblaze giveaway disappear? I claimed it an hour ago for the kids and the timer (on multiple newly refreshed windows) showed more than nine hours remaining. I found it strange because GOG giveaways usually end at a different time in my local zone.
And half an hour ago when I booted my PC to claim Sunblaze for my own account it was already gone and the banner was replaced with the Goodies giveaway (when there should have been 8+ more hours to access it).
Weird as it may seem, but I like taking screenshots of the banners and here is what it showed an hour ago:
Still free .
https://www.gog.com/en/game/sunblaze
Post edited June 13, 2023 by I feel so tired
SCPM: depending on the game, the game will slow when there are more active enemies on screen and speed up as they are eliminated.
My understanding is that this lag happens on real hardware. It definitely happens with other games, so it wouldn't surprise me if that happens with the games in the collection.
I feel so tired: Still free .
https://www.gog.com/en/game/sunblaze
Yes, it is now, but for the span of 30-40 minutes between the change of banners the game had a discounted price of €1.69.
That was a quick fix :)
I'm glad to see Contra finally here.
Waganari: I'm glad to see Contra finally here.
Except that Contra (NES) was already here under a different collection.
SCPM: The UI could be a lot more user-friendly, yes. Other than Alt-F4, if you're in windowed mode, you can click on the X on the top right to close the game. You can see a list of the keyboard and controller controls for each game by pressing the number 1, then selecting Manual. Default confirm / close keys are Z / X. I haven't experienced 'random' speed-ups, but depending on the game, the game will slow when there are more active enemies on screen and speed up as they are eliminated. I haven't tried 2 player mode so I can't speak about that.
Thank you. But would you recommend it overall, despite the flaws?
Some people told me "the roms are legally free on the Internet Archive" O_o
phaolo: Some people told me "the roms are legally free on the Internet Archive" O_o
Those people are ignorant.
SCPM: The UI could be a lot more user-friendly, yes. Other than Alt-F4, if you're in windowed mode, you can click on the X on the top right to close the game. You can see a list of the keyboard and controller controls for each game by pressing the number 1, then selecting Manual. Default confirm / close keys are Z / X. I haven't experienced 'random' speed-ups, but depending on the game, the game will slow when there are more active enemies on screen and speed up as they are eliminated. I haven't tried 2 player mode so I can't speak about that.
phaolo: Thank you. But would you recommend it overall, despite the flaws?
M2 (The developers) have a good reputation when it comes to releasing these types of compilations. I have played the originals of most of these games and they all feel accurate, the slow down is appropriate as it was in the original console games as well. The controls are responsive and are probably as close as you can get to real hardware, I've beaten two games in the collection so far and it only took me 10 or so minutes to adjust.

I would recommend it as there is a great selection of games at a good price with the current discount.
Interesting that the Sunblaze giveaway date/time was changed.

... "for the next 48 hours (until June 14th, 10 PM UTC)" ...
http://web.archive.org/web/20230612202227/www.gog.com/news/summer_sale_is_here_over_5400_titles_discounted_up_to_90_giveaway_and_contra_anniversary_collection_release

... "for the next 48 hours (until June 13th, 10 PM UTC)" ...
http://web.archive.org/web/20230614014412/www.gog.com/news/summer_sale_is_here_over_5400_titles_discounted_up_to_90_giveaway_and_contra_anniversary_collection_release
phaolo: Thank you. But would you recommend it overall, despite the flaws?
wolfsite: M2 (The developers) have a good reputation when it comes to releasing these types of compilations. I have played the originals of most of these games and they all feel accurate, the slow down is appropriate as it was in the original console games as well. The controls are responsive and are probably as close as you can get to real hardware, I've beaten two games in the collection so far and it only took me 10 or so minutes to adjust.

I would recommend it as there is a great selection of games at a good price with the current discount.
Ok, thanks.