It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Picture yourself lounging by the pool, sipping a refreshing beverage, and diving into a virtual world filled with excitement – that’s the essence of our Summer Sale, waiting for you with more than 5400 titles discounted up to -90%, GIVEAWAY of Sunblaze, and Contra Anniversary Collection available in our store right now and discounted -80% for the duration of Summer Sale!

Whether you're an RPG enthusiast, a strategy connoisseur, an adrenaline-seeking action fan or anything in between, you can explore a vast selection of games and discover new favorites to keep you entertained throughout those long summer days and balmy nights.

Let’s jump right into it – Summer Sale is here!

Summer Sale lasts until July 3rd, 10 PM UTC, and you can start to bask in the warm glow of incredible deals right now. Browse every discounted title HERE, pick your favorites and immerse yourself in captivating stories, conquer new worlds, and embark on thrilling quests as you dive headfirst into an incredible summer gaming extravaganza.

We’ve also prepared curated collections to help you discover amazing titles of a specific genre or theme. Check out the RPG, Indie, Classic or Cyberpunk games, and expect more to come!

And since we’ve mentioned classics… Contra Anniversary Collection is now available on GOG with a -80% discount which lasts for the duration of Summer Sale!

Get ready to take a trip down memory lane with this classic release that has captivated generations of gamers! With crisp graphics and authentic gameplay, you'll feel like you've stepped back in time to the golden age of retro gaming; and whether you're a longtime fan of these classics, or a new player looking to experience gaming history, the Contra Anniversary Collection has something for everyone.

The classic Run and Gun franchise is back – on modern platforms, for both oldtimers to relive their memories, and a new generation of gamers. No matter the age, it’s time to grab your power ups, and blast your way through waves of menacing enemies and bosses that will put your skill to the test. Be careful though, because this selection of timeless favorites will surely awaken something special in you: the uncontrollable excitement of the arcade era and classic retro gaming!

The Collection includes such classics as:
Contra (Arcade)
Super Contra
Contra (NA)
Contra (JP)
Super C
Contra III: The Alien Wars
Operation C
Contra Hard Corps
Super Probotector Alien Rebels
Probotector

As well as a digital Bonus Book with unique concept documents and sketches, the official chronology of the franchise, an exclusive interview with the veteran producer of the series… and more!

So what are you waiting for? Grab yours, get comfortable, and prepare to lose yourself in the timeless fun of classic retro gaming!
Post edited June 12, 2023 by king_kunat
At midnight Europe Zone, that´s new and unexpected. Anyway, happy Summer Sale and thanks for Sunblaze! ;)
Contra really made history when it was released.
To this day a hardcore shooter in my opinion.

Not my style though. Still, good to see it coming here.
Now... if Konami do bring Castlevania series here its a complete different story... A world of possibilities open up.
Bethesda Unhappy
high rated
One list to rule them all,
one list to find them,
One list to bring them all
and in the forum bind them.
(i.e. compact list of 3,7k+ discounted games sorted by price)
Post edited June 12, 2023 by ciemnogrodzianin
Thanks for free game and nice to see Contra.
Surprise! :D

Thanks for the giveaway.
Oh yes! Thank you GOG for the giveaway.

ciemnogrodzianin: One list to rule them all,
one list to find them,
One list to bring them all
and in the forum bind them.
(i.e. compact list of 3,7k+ discounted games sorted by price)
Always love the LOTR reference and your work with the list.
Thanks too.
high rated
We've got one more "giveaway" – I'm not sure if it was properly announced.
https://www.gog.com/en/promo/2023_summer_sale_cyberpunk
Buy any title from this collection and get the game Akane as a GIFT on July 4th and the GOG-Chan STL file for your 3D printer by September 26th.

For metroidvania fans – two historical lows:
https://www.gog.com/en/game/alwas_legacy (-80%)
https://www.gog.com/en/game/the_messenger (-75%)

Also, regarding some recent discussion about its sequel – "Remothered: Tormented Fathers" is now 90% off.
https://www.gog.com/en/game/remothered_tormented_fathers

.Keys: ...
Thanks! :)
Post edited June 12, 2023 by ciemnogrodzianin
Ancient-Red-Dragon: By the way, did they do anything to fix the impossible level of the SNES version of Contra where you have to grapple along the bottom of flying vehicles with almost no space to move and hence no way to avoid the bullets? That level made that game unplayable beyond that point on the SNES.

Is it still really bad in this collection too, or did they edit the game to fix that part?
Doubt that. I wasn't a good player then and I am not now but even then i could play through Super Probotector (and due to playing it so often I even can play through in hard mode today). And given that this was never mentioned in the reviews back when it came out, it does not seem to be a personal thing.
Setting the difficulty to easy could be an option, imho except loosing the final form of the final boss its agood tradeoff
Another +1 for fixing wrongly displayed prices It's more than confusing to see nicer price and then realized that is not correct one.
GOG.com: Sunblaze Giveaway
Thanks for the freebie, GOG and Games From Earth/Bonus Stage Publishing.
As always: much appreciated.
Sunblaze is fun from a Dad`s perspective ; ) Thank You!
shishing for achievements this month
https://www.gog.com/en/games?features=achievements&discounted=true (1400+ Games and 800+ DLCs)

Everyone`s are invited here
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/competition_most_achievements_in_june_2023
yet the Friend`s Leaderboards is all you need (friends not included, please proceed with friends' invitations to update your leaderboard)
Our Achievements Tournament received a positive reaction from Sysia_GOG and now she is exposed to this :D

Thank you for discounting games right on time : ) Edgerunning players take pride in what they achieve. We might run our LPGAHDE+ Looners Players Gamers Achievement Hunters Drifters Edgerunners+ and this is not the last category we aim to hug in our group... We trust in your acceptance... We love you ^
Post edited June 12, 2023 by Seb3.7
Thank you for the giveaway, GOG!

Bug:
The lower half of the first screenshot on the store page is greyed out Please fix this. :)
@GOG You made it again:

Beautiful Sale Banner :D
Post edited June 12, 2023 by erbello
Looking like another preem sale! Of all things, I'm just stoked after the announcement of progress made on the Cyberpunk expansion. It's shaping up real nicely. As far as the mega-sale goes, I'm not looking through all those games! My backlog would never forgive me...