It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fronzelneekburm: snip
You should really consider to remove Defender of the Crown, Botanicula etc. Those issues mentioned happened ages ago; their relevance for today's GOG customers is close to nil.

Broforce has still not been updated

A Hat in Time (again) lacks an update, which has been released a month ago for Steam users.
Post edited June 25, 2018 by ShadowOwl
Kona has a (paid) DLC on Steam which adds VR support.
This DLC is not available on GOG.
Post edited June 25, 2018 by DoctorGOGgles
note to myself never visit this thread again ;)

Cavalary: Depressing?
Yes, this thread makes often depressing reading. It reveals some of the most distressing aspects in regards with GOG and it's customers' support. For all my love to GOG it's almost unbearable.
Post edited July 01, 2018 by Cadaver747
Cadaver747: note to myself never visit this thread again ;)
Depressing?
You can add Figment to the list. You can't get the soundtrack here like you can on Steam.
Race the Sun is version 1.531 on Steam and 1.51 on GOG.
Version 1.531 adds support for VR, which is missing from the version on GOG.

Note that VR games which use SteamVR don't actually need Steam to work. SteamVR is only a framework for VR support. You can install it via Steam, but you don't need to have Steam installed to run VR games which support it.

MIND: Path to Thalamus supports VR via SteamVR in the version available on GOG, so an up-to-date version of Race the Sun with VR support should also be possible on GOG.
DoctorGOGgles: Race the Sun is version 1.531 on Steam and 1.51 on GOG.

Note that VR games which use SteamVR don't actually need Steam to work. SteamVR is only a framework for VR support. You can install it via Steam, but you don't need to have Steam installed to run VR games which support it.

MIND: Path to Thalamus supports VR via SteamVR in the version available on GOG, so an up-to-date version of Race the Sun with VR support should also be possible on GOG.
SteamVR isn't permitted to be distributed without Steam. It would be in a very murky legal area for GoG or the Race the Sun developers to provide it without direct authorization from Steam. Go ask Steam support about distributing it and see what they say.
DoctorGOGgles: Race the Sun is version 1.531 on Steam and 1.51 on GOG.

tremere110: SteamVR isn't permitted to be distributed without Steam. It would be in a very murky legal area for GoG or the Race the Sun developers to provide it without direct authorization from Steam. Go ask Steam support about distributing it and see what they say.
I beg to differ! There are already Games with SteamVR support on GOG and that's no legal problem, as long as they don't ship an installer for the SteamVR framework with the game!

The GOG version of MIND: Path to Thalamus doesn't ship with an installer for SteamVR, but it does support SteamVR if you have it already installed on your system. It automatically detects and starts SteamVR, so you can play the game in VR mode.

There are many games you can buy outside of Steam that support VR via SteamVR. You just have to install SteamVR yourself first for VR to actually work. It's the same situation with Race the Sun. There's no legal problem for the devs if they update the game on GOG to support SteamVR, they just can't ship an installer for SteamVR together with the game.

You can make games with Unreal Engine or Unity that support VR via SteamVR and legally distribute them yourself, give them away, sell them on GOG, itchi.io, Steam, wherever. You just can't ship an installer for the SteamVR framework itself.

By the way, Race the Sun dosn't automatically install SteamVR when you install the game on Steam. Even on Steam you have to install SteamVR yourself if you want VR support in Race the Sun.
A Hat in Time's last update is almost three months old now (on July 5 it'll be exactly three months old). We have neither gotten the modding tools, nor got another competition for GOG users. Long standing bugs like the ingame camera not working are still present. And inevitably it's missing some updates.

Not to mention the developer said the modding tools would be out a week from the release of the last update there or something similar back in April. Here we are at the beginning of July with nothing.
PookaMustard: A Hat in Time's last update is almost three months old now (on July 5 it'll be exactly three months old). We have neither gotten the modding tools, nor got another competition for GOG users. Long standing bugs like the ingame camera not working are still present. And inevitably it's missing some updates.

Not to mention the developer said the modding tools would be out a week from the release of the last update there or something similar back in April. Here we are at the beginning of July with nothing.
ive asked them multiple times on twiitter about updating the gog version and have not received any response. and while i don't believe every game that is on this list should necessarily be on this list, radio silence from devs is the worst kind of offense in my opinion (particularly when trashy dev in question is still ready and willing to take the money of the consumer).
Post edited July 03, 2018 by fortune_p_dawg
PookaMustard: A Hat in Time's last update is almost three months old now (on July 5 it'll be exactly three months old). We have neither gotten the modding tools, nor got another competition for GOG users. Long standing bugs like the ingame camera not working are still present. And inevitably it's missing some updates.

fortune_p_dawg: ive asked them multiple times on twiitter about updating the gog version and have not received any response. and while i don't believe every game that is on this list should necessarily be on this list, radio silence from devs is the worst kind of offense in my opinion (particularly when trashy dev in question is still ready and willing to take the money of the consumer).
You'd have better luck hitting by their Discord server and urging them. Last time I kept asking about it, one of the "Mafia" kept telling me the developer had the plans for it. And...that's it.
You can add Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered to the list, because the original version won't be available on GOG, according to this post from the devs.
Post edited July 04, 2018 by MaxFulvus
MaxFulvus: You can add Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered to the list, because the original version won't be available on GOG, according to this post from the devs.
god - what do you people really want. them to go back and re-code the original game (it is heavily tied into the Steam framework) when they now have now already gone made a new version which is Steam free? You got what you wanted, and still complains...
I guess the problem is the naming of this GOGmix. It does sound like a "list of crappy publishers who don't care about us!", but I guess some could see it also as a "hey just that you know, the GOG version is missing these rather minor things, in case you care".

And no I am not expecting the publisher to bring the original here, if it relies so heavily on Steam. I am fine with the remake, even if Steam users of the original game apparently got this remake for free (I did too, yet I didn't think twice buying the GOG version too, to get the offline installer).
Post edited July 04, 2018 by timppu
MaxFulvus: You can add Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered to the list, because the original version won't be available on GOG, according to this post from the devs.
do people who now buy Red Faction Guerrilla Remastered on steam get the original as well?