It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
In celebration of the first ever gog gift club group discussion and simple rules , i think we should have rules less giveaways for a while to spread the joy here

here is my all time favorites http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/QqFlO/defcon
i hate it that it came labelled as a bundle game but this is a steam gift that i had bought on the last sales :( long time back.
its a wonderful game how can anyone not play a game where the theme is "everyone dies"

Have fun no rules on this
Post edited June 14, 2013 by liquidsnakehpks
liquidsnakehpks: 4) no more personal insane rules, i will discuss it with the other mods and admins and put up a approved rules list and rules not allowed later
Personally, I can see personal insane rules like the chains giveaway earlier to be quite fun. But we do have the forum for those, so that's fine.
liquidsnakehpks: 4) no more personal insane rules, i will discuss it with the other mods and admins and put up a approved rules list and rules not allowed later
P1na: Personally, I can see personal insane rules like the chains giveaway earlier to be quite fun. But we do have the forum for those, so that's fine.
ya the ninja giveaway thread is better suited for that , lets keep it just simple enough so that everyone is happy and we can catch the wrong people as well
Here is the v1 of the allowed rules for now , more might be added later if current don't catch the leechers/scammers

Gifters can only have the following rules in the giveaways / anything not in here is not supported and warnings will not be issued for them

1)must have gifted a game for gog gift club v3
2)must have gifted a game for gog gift club v3 (non bundle game)
3) must have rep 40 ( this the min required to join the club)
4)winner must add the gifter on steam / reply to email check
5) must not enter if you own a game/games already in the pack , bundle etc
lets see if these can at least be followed for now , can add more later

will get these updated to the club rules asap
I've been reading the whole discussion on the matter, I think I must say some words.

It was my birthday, I didn't want to annoy people with CV requirements and such, I wanted for everyone to join and have a chance at the game, and I just wanted for people to be as kind as they did on GOG forums (without the need for such rule) applying the so named rule, because on SG people seems to forget being kind and say thanks in the group's giveaways atleast, is not like you're going to be saying something at any public GA you enter.

So I just want to apologize for causing so much discussion in here, but I want to remind everyone that at the time, all rules had to be respected, wether you want it or not, and that even IF you WON a GIVEAWAY from the user, IF HE BREAKS YOUR RULES, you are bound to report him.

That's it, follow the rules we are civilized folks, not savages or ignorants.

Once again I extend my must humble apologies, have a nice weekend you all and +rep to all the excellent giveaways!

Cheers.

liquidsnakehpks: Here is the v1 of the allowed rules for now , more might be added later if current don't catch the leechers/scammers

Gifters can only have the following rules in the giveaways / anything not in here is not supported and warnings will not be issued for them

Excellent! thanks for your hard work once again.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by Crsldmc
Crsldmc: I

It was my birthday, I didn't want to annoy people with CV requirements and such, I wanted for everyone to join and have a chance at the game, and I just wanted for people to be as kind as they did on GOG forums (without the need for such rule) applying the so named rule, because on SG people seems to forget being kind and say thanks in the group's giveaways atleast, is not like you're going to be saying something at any public GA you enter.

liquidsnakehpks: rules
Crsldmc: Excellent! thanks for your hard work once again.
sorry you got dragged into this mess mate , hope we can have more of your giveaways in future without problems, lets all laugh and move forward with joy
Crsldmc: I

Excellent! thanks for your hard work once again.
liquidsnakehpks: sorry you got dragged into this mess mate , hope we can have more of your giveaways in future without problems, lets all laugh and move forward with joy
It's ok, is not like someone got hanged or something hehe

That's the spirit of this group! lets all have fun! I'll post some interesting titles in the following days.

Cheers!
«Much may be alleged in favour of rules, as much may be likewise advanced in favour of the laws of society: an artist formed upon them will never produce anything absolutely bad or disgusting; as a man who observes the laws, and obeys decorum, can never be an absolutely intolerable neighbour, nor a decided villain: but yet, say what you will of rules, they destroy the genuine feeling of nature, as well as its true expression.»
[Johann Wolfgang Goethe, The Sorrows of Young Werther, 1774]
dr.schliemann: «Much may be alleged in favour of rules, as much may be likewise advanced in favour of the laws of society: an artist formed upon them will never produce anything absolutely bad or disgusting; as a man who observes the laws, and obeys decorum, can never be an absolutely intolerable neighbour, nor a decided villain: but yet, say what you will of rules, they destroy the genuine feeling of nature, as well as its true expression.»
[joking on]
If you obey all the rules you miss all the fun.
Katharine Hepburn

Moderators are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
Joseph Campbell (modified by me)
[/joking off]
dr.schliemann: «Much may be alleged in favour of rules, as much may be likewise advanced in favour of the laws of society: an artist formed upon them will never produce anything absolutely bad or disgusting; as a man who observes the laws, and obeys decorum, can never be an absolutely intolerable neighbour, nor a decided villain: but yet, say what you will of rules, they destroy the genuine feeling of nature, as well as its true expression.»
Conan was troubled and wanted to know the meaning of life. He enters a village and grabs a farmer by the neck.
-"What is the meaning of life?", asks Conan
-"I don't know, I'm just a farmer! See that monastery up in the mountain? A wise man lives there. Seek him out!", said the scared farmer
Conan traveled for days before reaching the monastery. He sees a wooden door. He unsheathes his sword and destroys the door with a slash. He advances into the monastery, only to see an iron door. Again, he manages to destroy the door with his sword, only to see another door, a silver one. He angrily destroys the door and finally sees the wise old man, whom he grabs by the throat.
-"Answer me now, what is the meaning of life, old man?", asks Conan
-"You know, those doors had handles." replies the wise man
-"Stop talking in riddles, old man!"
DarkoD13: Conan was troubled and wanted to know the meaning of life. He enters a village and grabs a farmer by the neck.
-"I don't know, I'm just a farmer! See that monastery up in the mountain? A wise man lives there. Seek him out!", said the scared farmer
Conan traveled for days before reaching the monastery. He sees a wooden door. He unsheathes his sword and destroys the door with a slash. He advances into the monastery, only to see an iron door. Again, he manages to destroy the door with his sword, only to see another door, a silver one. He angrily destroys the door and finally sees the wise old man, whom he grabs by the throat.
Informative and funny I just laughed at it! :)

Thanks!
DarkoD13: Conan was troubled and wanted to know the meaning of life. He enters a village and grabs a farmer by the neck.
And then he learned what is best....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PQ6335puOc
teshra: Kinda funny, at least to me. So, I made a Total War giveaway a couple minutes before Triock did his and a couple hours before Klaatu did his. Their giveaways are blowing mine away in terms of entries. I know why it is and it does make me kinda sad that I can't get a bite by putting a few rules in it of which only one may have been difficult. But for as long as the club v3 has existed and for as many members as there are and for how long some people have been on SG, hard to believe not one person can enter after a few hours. I'm sure some already have the game and some may not be interested but just about every giveaway in this group has a number of entries within a short time that I'm sure this giveaway broke some kind of lack of interest record. Not sure exactly what that says but I'm sure there is some kind of meaning to why that is.

Anyhow, I was just trying to give contributors to this club and to an extent members who also contribute to the SG community as a whole better odds to win a really cheap giveaway. Probably not a good idea to do it this way for bundle games or these kinds of sales that practically everyone can get their hands on if they choose. So I'll keep that in mind for the future and differentiate between value games and other types of game giveaways. In the meantime, the rules aren't as exclusive anymore but you still need to be some kind of contributor to the group and/or SG and there are still rules in effect so keep those in mind.
Try again (especially you 2 who already commented). Feedback appreciated in pm's or on this thread.
Thanks and good luck.
Hey, I won this! That means the rules were great. Thank you so much!

And here's another one: http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/itGDh/dear-esther

This is a Humble Bundle key, but I already owned Dear Esther from a previous Steam sale, so I think it's okay to gift it. Honestly, I thought the game was very disappointing, but some people seem to like it.
I skimmed through this, but basically, what I do now is skip all the giveaways with rules. It feels like people are out to get folks who make minor mistakes or manage to misread them. If you wish to have rules on your giveaways, it's your given right though.
liquidsnakehpks: Here is the v1 of the allowed rules for now , more might be added later if current don't catch the leechers/scammers

May I just point out that we have, in a mater of hours, managed to shift the tide of responsibility from the entrants, to the gifter (by requiring them to make rules in their giveaways that are in accordance with what people that enter giveaways want)... So basically, as an example, instead of saying "look people you can't open your gifts until Christmas Eve" we are saying "look you can't tell your kids they can't open their gifts until Christmas Eve"

I can agree with not banning members for not commenting as the gifter requested or whatever, but limiting people's rules on their giveaways seems kinda odd to me. As I see it, if the gifter made certain rules, he wants only those people that follow them or in most cases those who actually bother to read the description to enter his/her giveaways.

Not all rules on giveaways are made for leecher/scammers you know. some are just plain fun.

And just a note; I really think that if the rules are going to be made/changed, they should be put to a vote and not changed or made according to whoever makes the most vocal opposition or support for the changes or modifications.
Post edited June 14, 2013 by abolat