It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks have been wanting to play the second one
thx +1
Jonni: I've got a bit of a problem concerning Steamgifts and maybe the Gift Club can help me. Three months back I created a (public) giveaway and e-mailed the code for the game to the winner and (s)he has marked the game as received.

Now as I went through my codes for old bundles, it seems that the game is still unclaimed on Steam, so the winner has just taken the code and not used it. Should I consider re-gifting or leave it floating around in the internet?
mondo84: How can you tell the code is unclaimed? I'm guessing you already have the game, and when you enter it into Steam it tells you it's a duplicate of a game you own instead of saying another user has redeemed it?

I'm just curious because I've always hoped for a way to see if a Steam code has been used or not.
The only way of knowing is checking the winner's profile and see if the game shows in his game list. ...But, there are some games that don't show in your Steam profile game list, such as the classic Tomb Raider games... For those, it's a bit tougher to know if it was redeemed.

As for the original poster's problem, all you can do is report him to the SG support (with proof that you sent the key to him, if possible) and he'll probably get a suspension. But being a Steam key, it probably won't be rerolled (you'll still keep your GA feedback, though).
mondo84: How can you tell the code is unclaimed? I'm guessing you already have the game, and when you enter it into Steam it tells you it's a duplicate of a game you own instead of saying another user has redeemed it?

I'm just curious because I've always hoped for a way to see if a Steam code has been used or not.
retsuseiba: The only way of knowing is checking the winner's profile and see if the game shows in his game list. ...But, there are some games that don't show in your Steam profile game list, such as the classic Tomb Raider games... For those, it's a bit tougher to know if it was redeemed.
I do know that sometimes the only way for steam to show that you've got a game in your profile is via installing it. I had that problem With Serious Sam HD: the second encounter, had to install it before it showed up
This is how I did it. I'm not aware of there being any other way at the moment.
Jonni: This is how I did it. I'm not aware of there being any other way at the moment.
I may be mistaken, but when you try to activate a key of a game you already own, it always gives you the same message regardless of whether the key has already been activated.

And I just checked that giveaway of yours. The winner does have the game in his profile game list.
retsuseiba: I may be mistaken, but when you try to activate a key of a game you already own, it always gives you the same message regardless of whether the key has already been activated.
I don't think that's the case.

And how do you know which game I'm referring to?
oasis789: Hey ErekoseDM, you won DXHR :)
ErekoseDM: Thanks oasis789 for Deus Ex HR!

^_^

and it came with some of the dlc enhancements fin A!
a great day to find the internet again.

+1
Yup. Which DLC exactly? Don't play Missing Link until you're at least at the second area, it kinda spoils story stuff.
Question, do you need to have 100$ worth of Steam games to participate in the GOG gift club giveaways? The Steam giveaways are still confusing to me.
santata: Question, do you need to have 100$ worth of Steam games to participate in the GOG gift club giveaways? The Steam giveaways are still confusing to me.
Yes in the sense that you need 100 $ worth of games on Steam to create a Steamgifts account and it's not possible to enter giveaways without an account.

More precise rules for the GOG Gift Club are listed here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/steamgiftscom_gog_gift_club_v3/page1
santata: Question, do you need to have 100$ worth of Steam games to participate in the GOG gift club giveaways? The Steam giveaways are still confusing to me.
Jonni: Yes in the sense that you need 100 $ worth of games on Steam to create a Steamgifts account and it's not possible to enter giveaways without an account.

More precise rules for the GOG Gift Club are listed here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/steamgiftscom_gog_gift_club_v3/page1
I see, well it says I only have 79,97$ worth of games, so I'll have to pass.
Thanks the info, anyway.
Post edited March 27, 2013 by santata
Jonni: I don't think that's the case.
I just tried it myself. I tried to activate a random key for a game that I already own. It was from an old ninja giveaway thread on Steamgifts and (supposedly) already redeemed by one of the users. It showed to me "game already owned by your acount" and not "key already redeemed by another account". Maybe too much of a coincidence? Tried again on a different thread, for a different game which I already had and already redeemed by someone else. Same result.

Jonni: And how do you know which game I'm referring to?
...Oops, I misread and assumed it was your most recent public giveaway. Yeah, there's one guy who didn't redeem from one of your public GAs (and apparently not the only gift non redeemed either, naughty naughty).
Post edited March 27, 2013 by retsuseiba
just to make it clear for people. if it says game already redeemed, it does NOT mean the key is still active.
Steam checks if you've got the game, then checks if the key is redeemed.
A used key will show up as already owned and give you an option to reinstall (handy the odd time something doesn't install / show on your inventory like its supposed to btw!). even if it has been redeemed on yours or another's account.
Azrael360: The "LOL" was for me, because I can't enter. I'm not part of that group, just for the "v3"... ;)
I believe its an open group that GOG themselves have created for their customers. And if you follow the link, just click on "join group" and then you can enter these. The giveaway has more entries than you see in a typical gog gift club giveaway. Just try it and I'm fairly confident you won't have any issues with it.
Post edited March 27, 2013 by teshra
Azrael360: The "LOL" was for me, because I can't enter. I'm not part of that group, just for the "v3"... ;)
teshra: I believe its an open group that GOG themselves have created for their customers. And if you follow the link, just click on "join group" and then you can enter these. The giveaway has more entries than you see in a typical gog gift club giveaway. Just try it and I'm fairly confident you won't have any issues with it.
You are indeed correct - that's exactly what I've just done so Azrael, yer fine bud!