It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, I gave in and bought a few more stars to unlock MoO:

- Jagged Alliance
- Homeworld: Emergence
- Stories: The Path of Destinies
- Stronghold Crusader 2

I don't own any of these on Steam, so I guess that's a plus. And I think they all seem at least somewhat interesting!

But I've spent so much now - that's it, no more spending this sale. I'm weak to these sorts of gambling tricks. Between GOG Connect and the sale, I've really bulked up my backlog, so I should no excuse to go chasing after anything else for some time...
Some of the recent posts make purchasing a star tempting... but then my experiences of coming away with games I'm very likely to never play when I do go in on these sales comes flooding back.

With the "I told myself I'd only spend $10 this year since I (over)spent last year" budget, I guess I'd be better off buying other things. Especially since Bethesda's offering(s) this year were essentially a large dump down the chimney with discounts that would normally warrant a laugh.
So this is everything I got from the Stars: (done now as I've spent way more than I planned to)

Silence
Death to Spies: Moment of Truth
Batman - The Telltale Series
Masquerada: Songs and Shadows
Butcher
Ys: The Oath in Felghana
Warrior Kings
Ys I & II Chronicles+
>observer_
The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
Toren
Perception
Sunless Sea
Kyn
This War of Mine: Soundtrack Edition
Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak
Hybrid Wars
The Swindle
ArcaniA
Barony: Cursed Edition

And also got the unlocks:
Hard West
Master of Orion

Really happy with these random stars. Pinata always gave me games I had no interest in but I have found plenty to like in the stars (hence I overspent) ;D
I purchased a star along with a few games.

Got Batman - The Telltale Series

*shrug*

Not a real Batman fan. I may return it.

edit: Support ticket sent in asking for a gift code.
Post edited December 19, 2017 by drmike
I opened three stars and got the following in this order:

-Wuppo
-Testament of Sherlock Holmes
-BIT.TRIP CORE
mighty.ape.acct: [...]

Really happy with these random stars. Pinata always gave me games I had no interest in but I have found plenty to like in the stars (hence I overspent) ;D
I definitely appreciated the selection more too - I think this is the most I've spent on random game draws here to date...
Another one: Disciples 2 Gold....
is it already over ? :)
(people noticed most of the listed games were uninteresting, so they gave up ?)

i read they added more games to the "stars", a bit too late from my point of view.
is it real ? are there more game than those liste in those 13 pages ? which are all being redundant...

(the only new one i saw in the last pages is observer_, which looks interesting, but it looks like a walking simulator, although not sure)
Post edited December 19, 2017 by themortal
Here are some of the stars I got:
Transistor
Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper
Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure)
Barony: Cursed Edition
Pajama Sam Vol. 2
Space Rangers HD: A War Apart
Vaporum
Crime Cities
just bought one star and received:

phantom trigger
Just a friendly reminder that if you get a game that you don't want, you can submit a support ticket and receive it as a gift code.

There's a direct to support link on each game you receive from a star if you look at your Orders page:

https://www.gog.com/account/settings/orders

There's a hidden drop down menu right to the right of the transaction number.

Also considering sending it over to Zeogold and his giveaway thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_community_giveaway_gog_edition/page1

Be sure to read the first post in that thread.

Hope this helps
Bought 4 more Stars and got:

Future Unfolding
Masquerada: Songs and Shadows
The Sexy Brutale
Thimbleweed Park

Lady Luck smiled upon me today. :p
Gah, I need to stop checking back here regularly - all it does is tempt me with the promise of all the other games left in the pool...
expopower: Gah, I need to stop checking back here regularly - all it does is tempt me with the promise of all the other games left in the pool...
Sure it does...
cecil: the swindle is really fun and hybrid wars isn't bad.
mighty.ape.acct: If you're not interested in the others you can email support and ask for a refund like I did. I asked for a refund on 3 games (in wallet credit) and bought 3 more stars and got some games I am interested in.

Sorry cecil - I meant to reply to Shendue ;)
I don't really like to do that unless I actually own the game already on another platform or physical, since the whole point of "getting a random game" is, well, getting a RANDOM game.
But thanks for the suggestion, I really appreciate it. :)
arnob8911: Astebreed Definitive Edition

Not familiar with the game, but got a lot of positive reviews so i guess its not too bad :)
It's really cool. It's a mix between different style of shmups (vertical, horizontal, 3D). Very well done.
Post edited December 19, 2017 by Shendue