It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While our Indie Spring Sale is up and about, we have some amazing titles from Afterburn joining the GOG catalog – all in special launch discounts!

Railbound (-25%)
It’s a relaxing puzzle game about fixing train connections and traveling the world. You’ll surely be enchanted by absolutely charming graphics, and throughout the comfy gameplay you’ll get to know the two main characters, adorable dogs. Your quest will be to place, remove and reroute connections so that carriages safely connect to the locomotive. But, be careful and don’t make them run into each other!

inbento (-60%)
It’s a very cute food-themed puzzle game about arranging food in bento boxes. You’ll get to make your childhood wishes of playing with food come true! Your quest will be to play with snacks and solve over 120 hand-crafted puzzles. You’ll explore the unique pattern-matching gameplay, learn a heartwarming story about parenthood, and most importantly – have fun with cute cats and Japanese-inspired aesthetics of bento cuisine!

Golf Peaks (-60%)
It’s a relaxing game with tiny puzzles, where your main quest is to climb mountains and play golf – worry you not though, no golf knowledge is required! You’ll use cards to move the ball, solve over 20 levels in 10 different worlds, experiment with various block types, and get to know the unique movement system. All that, wrapped in minimalist visuals and chill atmosphere!

All offers end on April 19th, 10 PM UTC, so better hurry up!
foxgog: And I realized what I do not like (anymore) in puzzle games: namely, when there is only one singular working solution combined with the fact that you have only the right amount of current tools or puzzle elements in order to solve it, where you have to use exactly all available ones in the correct order.

Would you mind, giving some feedback on how the gameplay experience and puzzle designs of "Golf Peaks" and "inbento" are in comparison to "Please Fix the Road"?
I have finished Golf Peaks. It definitely bears some similarity to Please Fix the Road, although it is less contrived, shorter, and better designed.

Given what you have written above, I don't expect you to like Golf Peaks that much. Most puzzles have a single solution and if not, the possible solutions are close variants of one another. You are given a small set of very specific tools to solve each puzzle (like in PFtR) and usually (but not always) you need all of them to solve the puzzle.

I have rated Golf Peaks as "OK" (4/7) and Please Fix the Road as "bad" (3/7).

I'll probably play inbento later this month.
mqstout:
Post edited April 09, 2023 by mrkgnao
I'll happily buy the whole Afterburn collection once again here as Inbento and even more Golf Peaks are among my favorite puzzle games in recent years (and contrary to the commentator above, I *LOVE* when puzzle games have a unique solution you have to find among a limited amont of possibilities) -- but what a pity the achievements seem missing from the GOG version. :'(
mrkgnao: (...) I have finished Golf Peaks. (...) Given what you have written above, I don't expect you to like Golf Peaks that much. Most puzzles have a single solution and if not, the possible solutions are close variants of one another. You are given a small set of very specific tools to solve each puzzle (like in PFtR) and usually (but not always) you need all of them to solve the puzzle. (...)
Hello again mrkgnao!

Thank you so much for your timely feedback!
According to your description I am in doubt that I would like "Golf Peaks" a lot. And since the other two are from the same developer and seemingly quite similar in their puzzle design, I am going to hold off for now, maybe until I ran out of puzzle game alternatives.

Thanks and kind regards,
foxgog