It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

While our Indie Spring Sale is up and about, we have some amazing titles from Afterburn joining the GOG catalog – all in special launch discounts!

Railbound (-25%)
It’s a relaxing puzzle game about fixing train connections and traveling the world. You’ll surely be enchanted by absolutely charming graphics, and throughout the comfy gameplay you’ll get to know the two main characters, adorable dogs. Your quest will be to place, remove and reroute connections so that carriages safely connect to the locomotive. But, be careful and don’t make them run into each other!

inbento (-60%)
It’s a very cute food-themed puzzle game about arranging food in bento boxes. You’ll get to make your childhood wishes of playing with food come true! Your quest will be to play with snacks and solve over 120 hand-crafted puzzles. You’ll explore the unique pattern-matching gameplay, learn a heartwarming story about parenthood, and most importantly – have fun with cute cats and Japanese-inspired aesthetics of bento cuisine!

Golf Peaks (-60%)
It’s a relaxing game with tiny puzzles, where your main quest is to climb mountains and play golf – worry you not though, no golf knowledge is required! You’ll use cards to move the ball, solve over 20 levels in 10 different worlds, experiment with various block types, and get to know the unique movement system. All that, wrapped in minimalist visuals and chill atmosphere!

All offers end on April 19th, 10 PM UTC, so better hurry up!
Golf Peaks leads to Inbento. Inbento even jumped threads and invaded the Megafortress Collection news.
All three puzzle games look indeed relaxing. And there is a mini golf game too! They all go to my wishlist for now :)
There was a "road repair" game with seemingly identical mechanics as inbento released not too far back. Reminded me I don't like puzzle games anymore. Please Fix The Road I think it was. Anyway... Hope someone enjoys it! There was a time I would have. It looks well-executed.
Post edited April 07, 2023 by mqstout
Nice! I'm glad to see that Railbound will be finally joining the GOG catalog. I was starting to think that would never happen. As for the other two, they don't look bad (especially Golf Peaks, might give that one a go too).

All in all these seem to be fun games to play with family members, both old and new, I think. All are welcome additions to GOG's catalog in my opinion.

:]
mqstout: There was a "road repair" game with seemingly identical mechanics as inbento released not too far back. Reminded me I don't like puzzle games anymore. Please Fix The Road I think it was. Anyway... Hope someone enjoys it! There was a time I would have. It looks well-executed.
I too noticed the similarity. And I too didn't like Please Fix the Road (PFtR), but not simply because it was a puzzle game, rather because I thought it was a poorly-designed puzzle game. I seem to still like good puzzle games in general --- for example, I recently played and enjoyed Monument Valley and Lara Croft GO.

Anyhow, I bought Golf Peaks and inbento --- hopefully, they are better designed than PFtR.
golf peaks and inbento are among my favorite puzzlers ever, especially the former. unfortunately, the price fuckery they pulled with railbound (triple the price of the identical mobile version, while their previous games were priced only slightly higher) had me blacklist them.

had these titles come before gog fucked up the wishlist (among other things) and said blacklisting, I would've bought at least the first two games (again, as I have them on steam already), but now neither company is getting my money.
Post edited April 07, 2023 by Dohi64
Looks like a nice set of puzzling goodness. :)
high rated
• $1.99 • -60% • Golf Peaks
• $1.99 • -60% • inbento
• $9.74 • -25% • Railbound
I got Golf Peaks with itch's Ukraine bundle early last year, and it really is a great game. It eases the player into every new mechanic, then slowly starts to mix in previously introduced mechanics. Later puzzles can get fairly tricky, but usually not so bad as to block progress for too long, though there was one that had me stumped for months. It's also perfect for mobile play (which is where I've played almost all of what I've played of it, given that an Android .apk is included on itch).
HunchBluntley: I got Golf Peaks with itch's Ukraine bundle early last year, and it really is a great game. It eases the player into every new mechanic, then slowly starts to mix in previously introduced mechanics. Later puzzles can get fairly tricky, but usually not so bad as to block progress for too long, though there was one that had me stumped for months. It's also perfect for mobile play (which is where I've played almost all of what I've played of it, given that an Android .apk is included on itch).
Fore!((;--))
mrkgnao: (...) I too noticed the similarity. And I too didn't like Please Fix the Road (PFtR), but not simply because it was a puzzle game, rather because I thought it was a poorly-designed puzzle game. (...)
Anyhow, I bought Golf Peaks and inbento --- hopefully, they are better designed than PFtR.
Hello mrkgnao,

I was disappointed by the puzzles' design in "Please Fix the Road", too. For me, they were very uninspired and too obvious how to solve.

And I realized what I do not like (anymore) in puzzle games: namely, when there is only one singular working solution combined with the fact that you have only the right amount of current tools or puzzle elements in order to solve it, where you have to use exactly all available ones in the correct order.
When the tool or puzzle element count is small the tasks get rather trivial in my experience.

Since I played the Zachtronics series of open and flexible 'problem solving' games and "Baba Is You", it is difficult to go back to the much simpler puzzle games similar to "Please Fix the Road".
However, currently I am still enjoying the recently added "Sudocats". :)

Would you mind, giving some feedback on how the gameplay experience and puzzle designs of "Golf Peaks" and "inbento" are in comparison to "Please Fix the Road"?

I would appreciate it before making my decision to buy them or not. Although, I must say, that "Golf Peaks" seems to be more interesting for me. But "inbento" has charming cats.

Kind regards,
foxgog
HunchBluntley: I got Golf Peaks with itch's Ukraine bundle early last year, and it really is a great game. It eases the player into every new mechanic, then slowly starts to mix in previously introduced mechanics. Later puzzles can get fairly tricky, but usually not so bad as to block progress for too long, though there was one that had me stumped for months.
I didn't see that one yet but inbento was also in the Ukraine bundle and I was going to describe it similarly. Other than that I'm still stuck on some of the more difficult levels. Hopefully I'll eventually get them but even if not I'd fully recommend it.

Another great one from the bundle is Cardinal Chains, which I'm still hoping might appear hear at some point. That one is my favorite puzzle game, just the right difficulty for me. I wrote to the developer about listing on GOG and never heard back but I still hope that maybe it is in progress and just taking a while.

Railbound looks a bit like Cosmic Express by the same developer as A Good Snowman is Hard to Build and Sokobond (all were in the Itch Ukraine bundle). I have Sokobond from when it was available here but it sounds like that developer might not be back. Snowman was my favorte of the three (I also got stuck in Sokobond but was able to finish the main levels of Snowman).
foxgog: Would you mind, giving some feedback on how the gameplay experience and puzzle designs of "Golf Peaks" and "inbento" are in comparison to "Please Fix the Road"?
Gladly. I plan to play Golf Peaks this weekend.
Post edited April 09, 2023 by mrkgnao
I've played inbento before and would recommend it enough to post a review.

Railbound is wishlisted because this is their only game I don't own even though Railbound is a sad game with dogs and no cats.