It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Everything Interplay 60% off | Price change incoming.

Ever had a really really cool staycation? You know, one where you get some time off just so that you can lock yourself in and chill by your favorite screen, armed with mountains of unwholesome snacks, several gallons of energizing beverages and the all-powerful A/C remote by your side? Well the <span class="bold">Interplay Staycation</span> is shaping up to be a pretty epic one!
These golden classics will soon have their prices increased so don't dally: grab them now for 60% off and prepare for a glorious house-sitting session.

You want to start with something that has oodles of atmosphere, intriguing story, and enough combat bits to keep you on your toes: Stonekeep, Lionheart or Lost Eden are all good warm-up choices. Now take the action up a notch with Earthworm Jim's wacky platforming, MDK's chaotic antics, Shogo's intense gunplay, or Freespace 2's magnificent explosions. Time to top if off with class: Treat yourself to the diverse and ridiculously entertaining Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, two unique gaming experiences that are enough to make this staycation totally worth it!

These are just some of the neat Interplay treasures on offer, though. There's also Toonstruck, Prehistorik 1+2, Redneck Rampage, plenty of Star Trek and more to choose from!

The special <span class="bold">Interplay Staycation Sale</span> will last until July 31, 3 PM UTC.

The price change on the Interplay catalog will be applied after the sale is concluded.
The MDK games were unplayable for me a few years ago. Garbled graphics. So keep that in mind if you're going to buy them.
Painted_Doll: Which one is better ?

Prehistorik 1+2 or The Humans Bundle ?
It depends in which of attributes you've invested your points - DEX (Prehistorik) or INT (Humans Bundle) ;)
Is Titus or Ignition worth a buy? Do we know how much the prices will be after? IF they have 90% off sales and everything is $10 then it'd still but just a $1 later on so is this even a "sale"?
-60% cannot be the best discount ever. Something lower is a must, especially for old titles with raised base prices like these. Just wait for Fall and Winter sales.
How much of a discount do you need? If $2.39 and $3.99 are too expensive then you have bigger problems. At least half of the games are worth their price before the discount. It's especially true for the Freespace games. Those are excellent, if you're into their genre. It's better to buy any of the games, right now, than hope and wait for a good or better price later. If you think it is worth the wait then you can't possibly want any of the games as much as you think you do.
DoomSooth: How much of a discount do you need? If $2.39 and $3.99 are too expensive then you have bigger problems. At least half of the games are worth their price before the discount. It's especially true for the Freespace games. Those are excellent, if you're into their genre. It's better to buy any of the games, right now, than hope and wait for a good or better price later. If you think it is worth the wait then you can't possibly want any of the games as much as you think you do.
Those who really wanted these games probably wouldn't have waited this long to seriously look into getting them. They're all very old games after all, and most have been on GOG since the early days.

Personally have no interest in any of them anyway, but if it was a matter of being in doubt about it, my impulse buy limit (also applying to wishlisted titles bar those I particularly keep an eye on, which are currently 4 or 5 in the entire GOG catalog) is 10 RON, which PSC's convertor (since that's what I'm using to pay, so also accounting for their conversion fee) currently says is worth $2.45. So a $2.39 one would just barely cut it. But for 10+ y/o games, and all of these definitely fall into that, it's more like half that. Maaaaybe $1.49 at a stretch. So none would cut it either way.
DoomSooth: How much of a discount do you need? If $2.39 and $3.99 are too expensive then you have bigger problems. At least half of the games are worth their price before the discount.
[...]
That is subjective.
The base prices on GOG are set in a particular currency, and may appear worthwhile to people of some geopolitical region. But then for people of different countries this base price might not be as affordable as they might seem to you. While I know that regional pricing is often implemented in ways that are faulty, difference in economic background commands a different view of what is affordable.
Personally I buy games with high discounts for that suits my budget. Only with 50%+ discount GOG even comes closer to Steam's base pricing for games in my region.

EDIT : minor corrections
Cavalary: [...] But for 10+ y/o games, and all of these definitely fall into that, it's more like half that. Maaaaybe $1.49 at a stretch. So none would cut it either way.
A lot of them are nearly 20 years old. Some companies release that old games as freeware.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by bhrigu
BStone: Interplay was awesome back in the day. (remembering the big emerald-slab/laser intro)

No Descent? :(
Grargar: Descent was removed from the store two years ago, thanks to a financial dispute between Interplay and Parallax (the game's developers).
Seriously? Man, I completely missed that.

Also, holy crap this is stil the same forum software from 2010.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by DMTrev
A tiny budget is one thing but a lot of people here just seem to be cheap and always expect a little bit more. They're spoiled and never happy. Expecting GOG to lower their prices to the point where they make little or nothing is ridiculous. If someone doesn't have enough money for what they want then they should save for it.
DoomSooth: A tiny budget [...]
Perhaps you misunderstood my post a little.
My point, though not applicable to all, is that whether a budget is tiny or significant, depends on a variety of factors, and is certainly not a monolithic construct. For example, a budget of $10 would have severely different implications in the context of some of (not all) European countries and South Asian countries.
People living in economically poorer areas have bigger problems and priorities than worrying about buying games.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by DoomSooth
cecil: Is Titus or Ignition worth a buy?
Titus is quite tough and has somewhat unusual game mechanics. I like it though. I recommend to try Prehistoric 2 instead, unless you are familiar with other games similar to Titus (e.g., Blues Brothers)
DoomSooth: People living in econimically poorer areas have bigger problems and priorities than worrying about buying games.
I hope that by this you mean you're a stalwart supporter of "piracy", and decriminalizing it, in those cases then, not that you mean they shouldn't have the right to play.
Right to play? No one is entitled to videogames. Having said that, I don't care what anyone does as long as no one gets hurt. I wouldn't say anyone has a right to play, though. What I said in the other post means that necessities should come first. Spend your money responsibly on the things you need before you spend on the things you want.
Post edited July 26, 2017 by DoomSooth
DoomSooth: People living in economically poorer areas have bigger problems and priorities than worrying about buying games.
uh, "economically poor" does not mean that they are fighting for survival 24/7. :)
They (usually) still have time/money for recreational activities.
It's just that the budget numbers are on a smaller scale than what you are probably used to.
And while the local economy is always sort of adjusted to the economical constraints of the local population, the digital market with globally set prices is not.
The idea of "game X is worth their price Y" just doesn't work globally.