It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Everything Interplay 60% off | Price change incoming.

Ever had a really really cool staycation? You know, one where you get some time off just so that you can lock yourself in and chill by your favorite screen, armed with mountains of unwholesome snacks, several gallons of energizing beverages and the all-powerful A/C remote by your side? Well the <span class="bold">Interplay Staycation</span> is shaping up to be a pretty epic one!
These golden classics will soon have their prices increased so don't dally: grab them now for 60% off and prepare for a glorious house-sitting session.

You want to start with something that has oodles of atmosphere, intriguing story, and enough combat bits to keep you on your toes: Stonekeep, Lionheart or Lost Eden are all good warm-up choices. Now take the action up a notch with Earthworm Jim's wacky platforming, MDK's chaotic antics, Shogo's intense gunplay, or Freespace 2's magnificent explosions. Time to top if off with class: Treat yourself to the diverse and ridiculously entertaining Sacrifice and Giants: Citizen Kabuto, two unique gaming experiences that are enough to make this staycation totally worth it!

These are just some of the neat Interplay treasures on offer, though. There's also Toonstruck, Prehistorik 1+2, Redneck Rampage, plenty of Star Trek and more to choose from!

The special <span class="bold">Interplay Staycation Sale</span> will last until July 31, 3 PM UTC.

The price change on the Interplay catalog will be applied after the sale is concluded.
Grargar: An idea of what price hikes you can expect: http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released_DESC&amp;term=Interplay

I'm looking forward to seeing Interplay trying to sell Redneck Rampage Collection for $20 with a straight face.
Some of those prices are really insane. My favourite is Interplay Solitaire (yes, the card game) at just £14.99! What a bargain, although the one review on Steam did make me chuckle.

I can only think their are either trying to increase their income from heavily discounted sales, or if they are trying to sell the business then they are attempting to increase it's apparent value.
Post edited July 24, 2017 by groundhog42
Aha-haaaa-hahahaha!
Yea, 40€ for Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 is a fucking joke. It's a game from 1996. Earthworm Jim 3D is from 2000. What the hell...

EDIT:
Grargar: It's €19.99 for all 3 games; you can't (unfortunately) buy them separately on Steam.
Oh. My mistake. Still too much.
Attachments:
lolz.jpg (28 Kb)
Post edited July 24, 2017 by Nalkoden
groundhog42: My favourite is Interplay Solitaire (yes, the card game) at just £14.99! What a bargain, although the one review on Steam did make me chuckle.
I'm really surprised they've yet to trot this chestnut out at that price (or higher).
Nalkoden: Aha-haaaa-hahahaha!
I'm sure the people behind that thought about it with a kind of "it's almost the price of a coffee" arguing, but instead they took wines as prices of reference.
"What, how can't you afford yourself a good bottle of wine ?"
And of course prices of wine increase, so... I only see that explanation XD
Post edited July 24, 2017 by Splatsch
high rated
Good news, everyone!
Nalkoden: Aha-haaaa-hahahaha!
Splatsch: I'm sure the people behind that thought about it with a kind of "it's almost the price of a coffee" arguing, but instead they took wines as prices of reference.
"What, how can't you afford yourself a good bottle of wine ?"
And of course prices of wine increase, so... I only see that explanation XD
Seems unlikely... I would expect that they already factor in sales prices and consider how much they can up it assuming people buy it at 80%-90% off. Anyhow, not to rain on anyones parade, but much in the catalogue is somewhere between mediocre and bad to begin with, with some notable exceptions.
Post edited July 24, 2017 by Robette
What a joke. Anyway, I already own the few games on the list that I wanted.

I feel a bit sad for the people who decided to sell those games with those prices...
Robette: Seems unlikely... I would expect that they already factor in sales prices and consider how much they can up it assuming people buy it at 80%-90% off. Anyhow, not to rain on anyones parade, but much in the catalogue is somewhere between mediocre and bad to begin with, with some notable exceptions.
I was only joking ;)
Indeed it's most probably in prevision of "heavy sales" (if there are still some after this price increase) but... so high prices :P
Post edited July 24, 2017 by Splatsch
high rated
How can you discourage people to download games instead of buying them after that ?
If price change means some k8nd of regional pricing, I say No thank you.
MaxFulvus: How can you discourage people to download games instead of buying them after that ?
This.
truhlik: If price change means some k8nd of regional pricing, I say No thank you.
They are regionally priced already.

Anyway, thanks guys for the heads-up, time to pick up Ignition.
high rated
Goddammit, Hervé! After that Fallout giveaway you almost had me convinced that there is a human being underneath all those layers of sleaze. Guess I was wrong.

Still, as much as I'd like to put the blame entirely on Hervé, the players are just as much to blame with their quasi-religious fixation on Steam sales, which helped create a market situation where publishers release their shit at more than double the intended price, in order for it to go on sale frequently. And don't get me started about vulture companies that release modded "speshul" editions of ancient games for 20+ bucks. Thanks, Beamdog/Gearbox/...! I guess that went to show that it pays off to be a brazen rip-off artist in this industry. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing stunts like this.
truhlik: If price change means some k8nd of regional pricing, I say No thank you.
Exactly. Expecting that to be added on top of the price increase.
blotunga: They are regionally priced already.
Only have the standard discounts for RU/UA/regUZ and BR, just a couple extending the BR price to South America in general. Not even Chinese discount added at this point, and definitely no higher than base pricing or EU (or AU/NZ or CA) regional pricing of any sort. Expecting that to change to the typical $1=€1 (if not more, and applying even to countries not using the Euro) model after this.
MaxFulvus: How can you discourage people to download games instead of buying them after that ?
Precisely.

Really now. Increase prices for old games? Somebody needs to be reminded how this works. Digital copies of software doesn't work like physical collector's items that increase in value with time. Digital copies of software decrease in value with time, always. If the price changes, it drops to reflect that.
Robette: much in the catalogue is somewhere between mediocre and bad to begin with, with some notable exceptions.
Um, seriously? The vast majority of Interplay published games are my favorites. In terms of the goodness ratio, perhaps only Bullfrog/EA fairs better.