It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Dr. Robotnik instead of Eggman way to ruin it lol.
Fonzer: Dr. Robotnik instead of Eggman way to ruin it lol.
I thought both were legit names, just region/translation differences...

Source
The original English instruction manual for his 1991 debut game Sonic the Hedgehog described the character's full name as "Doctor Ivo Robotnik" while the Japanese version's instruction manual for the same game called him "Doctor Eggman"; "Robotnik" was initially conceived as the western name for the character.
Post edited November 13, 2019 by rtcvb32
What do you mean "instead"? Eggman is a his nickname, Ivo Robotnic is real name. It's this way in games since Sonic Adventure dilogy.
Why the guy reviews _old_ trailer?
Post edited November 13, 2019 by LootHunter
low rated
LootHunter: Why the guy reviews _old_ trailer?
April... Newest Trailer came out today (November)
rtcvb32: I thought both were legit names, just region/translation differences...

Source

The original English instruction manual for his 1991 debut game Sonic the Hedgehog described the character's full name as "Doctor Ivo Robotnik" while the Japanese version's instruction manual for the same game called him "Doctor Eggman"; "Robotnik" was initially conceived as the western name for the character.
rtcvb32:
I seem to forgoten that bit actually it was more of a joke from me, that why i wrote lol.
Another thread back from the dead. Not that I mind, but it's curious.
GameRager: They chose to go the "focus tested" route when picking various elements, or so the trailer seems to show(gangstas paradise, the silly trailer sonic look, etc).
Movie so far seems eh and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it. A redesign ain't fixing any deep issues with the final product.

GameRager: Wreck-it ralph was an HOMAGE to video games, not one specific video game made into a movie.
You do have a point. It was a homage to arcade video games, much in the same way as Toy Story. It made a believable plot and had a good moral to top it all off, whereas some movie adaptations just exist. Not that any of what I said determine a movie to be bad or good, but more that I'm saying it put a high bar for adaptations.

GameRager: Also then they somewhat sh*t on the first film by ralph being ok with vanellope's actions in WIR 2.
The entire second movie was like that. Rather than focus more on the stories that could be told with the arcade machines or the games, they plugged to the internet. Then we spend a whole movie solving a problem the protagonists created, discovering not!YouTube, and gazing at the giant Google tower. A much better idea would've been to talk about how characters in video games are ultimately at the player's whims and the possible consequences of not abiding to our controlling them, which is how WIR2 started before shifting focus to the internet's whimsical nature. The foundation was there, but wasn't used well.
low rated
PookaMustard: Movie so far seems eh and I wouldn't want to be anywhere near it. A redesign ain't fixing any deep issues with the final product.
Maybe, maybe not...we will see I guess.

PookaMustard: You do have a point. It was a homage to arcade video games, much in the same way as Toy Story. It made a believable plot and had a good moral to top it all off, whereas some movie adaptations just exist. Not that any of what I said determine a movie to be bad or good, but more that I'm saying it put a high bar for adaptations.
Ok then, but as for me: I don't care about bars....I mostly care if a movie is fun to watch. :)

PookaMustard: The entire second movie was like that. Rather than focus more on the stories that could be told with the arcade machines or the games, they plugged to the internet. Then we spend a whole movie solving a problem the protagonists created, discovering not!YouTube, and gazing at the giant Google tower. A much better idea would've been to talk about how characters in video games are ultimately at the player's whims and the possible consequences of not abiding to our controlling them, which is how WIR2 started before shifting focus to the internet's whimsical nature. The foundation was there, but wasn't used well.
Haven't seen it much except for bits of it, but I hear they also went back on the "be yourself and accept it" thing in the first one to "change at all costs to feel better" in the second.
GameRager: Ok then, but as for me: I don't care about bars....I mostly care if a movie is fun to watch. :)
By bar, I do mean if it's fun or an obvious cynical cash grab.

GameRager: Haven't seen it much except for bits of it, but I hear they also went back on the "be yourself and accept it" thing in the first one to "change at all costs to feel better" in the second.
Ah, in which case then I've seen both movies to tell you that...probably. Although I'm not sure when the boundaries of "be yourself and accept it" ends and when "change at all costs to feel better" begins. Because in my opinion, change can stem from yourself. That said, the shift in message is just the tip of the iceberg.

That said, Ralph wasn't OK with what's Vanellope doing. Well, until the end.
Post edited November 14, 2019 by PookaMustard
low rated
PookaMustard: A much better idea would've been to talk about how characters in video games are ultimately at the player's whims and the possible consequences of not abiding to our controlling them, which is how WIR2 started before shifting focus to the internet's whimsical nature. The foundation was there, but wasn't used well.
Or maybe go with the first movie's original premise.

I get the feeling from deleted scenes and original sketches available, that Felix was more a self-centered asshole which prompted Ralph looking for somewhere else to be, but in the end is jumping from game to game to game in the arcade trying to get back home. The girl Moppet playing realizes he's in the wrong game and is trying to help him get out. At some point Ralph getting stuck in a mobile game where it's always raining coins and happiness forever (as there's no fail state/gameover); Felix finds him and convinces him to go back where he finds his original game is best suited for him... Basically...

--

Visually displaying the internet is nearly impossible as it's nothing but packets going back and forth (IP from/to, TTL, blob of Binary data, etc), while WIR2 seemed to go more the Emoji Movie Route. And the plot.... i wasn't impressed with, especially introducing the Disney princesses (some of which are NOT princesses, and the ending of 'girls save Ralph' was right at the line).

I'd've been more interested with Ralph and them in a theater like Mystery Science Theater 3000 and them just talking about the history of video games, problems and solutions (not too unlike Once Upon Atari documentary), limitations and arcade time before it died out in the 90's and only a handful really exist anymore, going semi-documentary and possibly them entering the game(s) and seeing how they'd look/interact with the world. Though maybe that doesn't make for a good movie, it would make for a nice Youtube series and wouldn't take a lot of work to make with just programmers and gamers shooting off stuff with gameplay visuals going on, possibly with additional characters like Sonic/Tails/knuckles entering when their game is on display and talking about problems on the original genesis or how good/bad the game went for Sega.
low rated
PookaMustard: By bar, I do mean if it's fun or an obvious cynical cash grab.
Heck, even for cahs grabs if they are good i'll enjoy em. :)

PookaMustard: Ah, in which case then I've seen both movies to tell you that...probably. Although I'm not sure when the boundaries of "be yourself and accept it" ends and when "change at all costs to feel better" begins. Because in my opinion, change can stem from yourself. That said, the shift in message is just the tip of the iceberg.

That said, Ralph wasn't OK with what's Vanellope doing. Well, until the end.
Then he gave in, though.