It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wires and claws won't break my bones...

SOMA, the sensational adventure of unsettling technohorror riding on an undercurrent of existential questions, just received a free update dubbed Safe Mode.

By activating this optional mode, you'll be free to explore every underwater spook and cranny without worrying about suffering the curious cat's fate. Make no mistake, though: here there still be monsters. Even if their interactions with you can no longer prove fatal, they'll make sure you're plenty uncomfortable and that the game's threatening atmosphere remains a big part of the experience.

But if you've been dreading your encounters with their Game Over-inducing claws, now is the time to come out from under the bed and give this horror gem a try.
We promise it won't bite. Much.

See what the update is all about.
Post edited December 01, 2017 by maladr0Id
In retrospect, I have to say that the safe mode was a worthwhile addition to SOMA. Less skilled players will have a chance to enjoy the game and it doesn't even adversely affect the atmosphere too much. I still ended up trying to stealth my way past enemies as best as I could, even though I knew full well they couldn't hurt me, which is a testament to what an excellent job the designers did on this game.

It stands in stark contrast to the newly released "story mode" in Outlast 2, where you still end up dying every step of the way due to atrociously poor design. It's not scary, it's just frustrating. Safe mode in SOMA isn't frustrating, but it's still scary as hell, so kudos for that!