It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wires and claws won't break my bones...

SOMA, the sensational adventure of unsettling technohorror riding on an undercurrent of existential questions, just received a free update dubbed Safe Mode.

By activating this optional mode, you'll be free to explore every underwater spook and cranny without worrying about suffering the curious cat's fate. Make no mistake, though: here there still be monsters. Even if their interactions with you can no longer prove fatal, they'll make sure you're plenty uncomfortable and that the game's threatening atmosphere remains a big part of the experience.

But if you've been dreading your encounters with their Game Over-inducing claws, now is the time to come out from under the bed and give this horror gem a try.
We promise it won't bite. Much.

See what the update is all about.
Post edited December 01, 2017 by maladr0Id
As a "Gero" I find I don't have the reflex's in some scenes so the game ends there for me, whereas in the safe mode I have a chance of completion. Sure I was young once and probably was the same, "We don't want oldies doing our stuff" but a little tolerance doeswn't go astray as difficult aqs it maybe.
low rated
NuffCatnip: I love it, people never stop complaining. :P
'Oh, look, something that doesn't affect me in the slightest, better start bitching about it.'

It never gets old! :`)
Ironically SOMA is a testament to these concerns because why bother making a game that has both an interesting story and gameplay when you can ignore the latter. If the games too hard and people only want the story and nice graphics then that's what cheats or walkthroughs are for.
firstpastthepost: And what made you the arbiter of what kind of media people should enjoy consuming?

Different people look for different experiences. That's like saying that someone who likes country music can't truly be a music lover cause you don't like country music. The real reason they can't be a music lover is cause country music is garbage. :P
Why create a symphony when you can record yourself shitting your pants while yodeling and still have it sell.
Post edited January 31, 2019 by Spectre
Spectre: Why create a symphony when you can record yourself shitting your pants while yodeling and still have it sell.
I haven't heard that Blake Shelton single.
Spectre: why bother making a game that has both an interesting story and gameplay when you can ignore the latter. If the games too hard and people only want the story and nice graphics then that's what cheats or walkthroughs are for.
Before Safe Mode was added, it was a cheat though ("Wuss Mode" mod). If they renamed it The Elder Scrolls - Fallout TCAI console command instead, would "real gamers" disproportionately angry towards others playing for the story feel any better vs every other game with a "Disable NPC AI" cheat, or is it still a SOMA-specific thing?
Post edited January 31, 2019 by AB2012
AB2012: Before Safe Mode was added, it was a cheat though ("Wuss Mode" mod).
I know. My point was against SOMA. It's still a walking simulator with or without harmless enemies compared to what it could have been.
Spectre: I know. My point was against SOMA. It's still a walking simulator with or without harmless enemies compared to what it could have been.
So? Don't buy and play it. Problem solved.
low rated
toxicTom: So? Don't buy and play it. Problem solved.
Has the problem gone away?
No it hasn't.
Spectre: Has the problem gone away?
No it hasn't.
You mean you're bothered by the mere existence of something which you don't like? Must be a tough life.
toxicTom: So? Don't buy and play it. Problem solved.
Spectre: Has the problem gone away?
No it hasn't.
Option =/= problem
Post edited February 10, 2019 by dudleyghost
dudleyghost: Option =/= problem
There is no option when it was designed that way. For example there are no general tools or weapons in the game.

toxicTom: You mean you're bothered by the mere existence of something which you don't like? Must be a tough life.
There's no need to be toxic tom.
Themken: Won't bite much? Just nibble a bit...
Wasn`t that a rap song in the 90s? Nibble it, just a little bit.... :-D
Themken: Won't bite much? Just nibble a bit...
Maxvorstadt: Wasn`t that a rap song in the 90s? Nibble it, just a little bit.... :-D
I do not really listen to rap music and never did much.