It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

yyahoo: Odd, looking at the Metro Steam sale, Metro 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux are offered, but also listed on sale is the original 2033. The original Last Light though is not only not on sale but is delisted from any purchase in the store.

Why keep the original 2033 available but not the original Last Light?
darthspudius: My sale says the original isn't for purchase.
Really? Even odder...
Attachments:
yyahoo: Odd, looking at the Metro Steam sale, Metro 2033 Redux and Last Light Redux are offered, but also listed on sale is the original 2033. The original Last Light though is not only not on sale but is delisted from any purchase in the store.

Why keep the original 2033 available but not the original Last Light?
Foclock: My motherboard malfunctioned I think, destroying my processor and power supply as a result. I sent my processor for RMA and was able to receive a replacement, and now I'm awaiting for my motherboard replacement. All is not lost. :)
darthspudius: Oh ouch, that happened to me once. I think I cried... literally lol.
Yeah, the thing is I'm passionate about anything related to IT, hence why it's my major. So, you could probably guess that I tried every scenario to make it work.
yyahoo: Really? Even odder...
huh well I'll be damned.

Oh ouch, that happened to me once. I think I cried... literally lol.
Foclock: Yeah, the thing is I'm passionate about anything related to IT, hence why it's my major. So, you could probably guess that I tried every scenario to make it work.
I hate being in that situation. The panic to get things working again drives me nuts... might explain a bit lol.
Post edited June 12, 2015 by darthspudius
yyahoo: Really? Even odder...
darthspudius: huh well I'll be damned.
Foclock: Yeah, the thing is I'm passionate about anything related to IT, hence why it's my major. So, you could probably guess that I tried every scenario to make it work.
darthspudius: I hate being in that situation. The panic to get things working again drives me nuts... might explain a bit lol.
Yeah, I'm the same. I won't leave something until it's fixed. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case for me. :P
mcgeehe: GOG, allow me throw my money at you... PLEASE!!!

I bought LL Redux on good faith and now Steam has 2033 Redux on sale :(

I'd rather give you my money over Steam. I really wish you would have not released LL Redux if there was no intention of releaseing 2033 Redux as well.

QQ
RadonGOG: Why do you believe that there wasn´t/ isn´t an intention to release Metro 2033 Redux as well?
I´m sure their is, but DeepSilver is the one that is in charge and they decide when they believe it to be a good time for such a big/ such an awesome rerelease!
It was more of a rant just because Steam has it on sale now and I don't like giving them my money. I'm still holding out for GOG though. I already played the original non redux version of 2033.

I probably could have worded things a little better. It's just that I figured GOG would have released 2033 Redux by now if they were going to. I'll keep waiting until the winter sales.
Grargar: Original or Redux?
Foclock: I personally thought the original was great, can only imagine what the redux is like.
Aye, original is GREAT! From what I've seen of the Redux screen shots - it just looks more atmosheric, I can trade some of its down sides for the overall upgrade to visuals, and having 2033 and Last Light on GOG would just be awesome!
Vythonaut: I'm not sure why it hasn't released on GOG yet but I guess it'll happen eventually.. Until then, I can wait.. ;-)
Same here, I always buy my games from GOG where possible. I've already got the original 2033 on Steam, so I can keep waiting until GOG finally puts 2033 Redux in the store.
Post edited June 12, 2015 by mcgeehe
I got the originals on Steam, but I won't buy the Redux versions on Steam even though they're on sale very cheap right now.

Now that Last Light Redux hit GOG, I wait till Metro 2033 Redux appears here on GOG as well and I trust it will.
Post edited June 12, 2015 by DubConqueror