It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
zeogold: .
Kleetus: Leave me alone.

I've reported the three of you, if you continue and no action is taken against you, the gloves will come off.
Don't forget to also remove the beam out of your own eye, figuratively speaking.
Breja: Is this like a GOG forum version of the argument clinic?

DON'T GIVE ME THAT, YOU SNOTTY-FACED HEAP OF SJW DROPPINGS!

What?

SHUT YOUR FESTERING GOB, YOU LEFTIST TIT! YOUR TYPE MAKES ME PUKE! YOU VACUOUS FEMINIST MALODOROUS PERVERT!!!

Yes, but I came here for an argument!!

OH! Oh! I'm sorry! This is the Gamergate thread.

Oh! Oh I see!

Aha! No, you want the forum moderation thread, next door.

--------
Is this the right thread for an argument?

Stop trolling me!

I'm not!

Yes you are!

No I'm not!

Oh I'm sorry, is this a five minute argument, or a full thread derailment?

Ah! Just the five minutes.

Anyway, you are

I most certainly am not!

Now let's get one thing quite clear: You most definitely are!

Oh look, this isn't an argument! It's just trolling!

No it isn't!
Edit: While I do think that this little satirical number is quite fitting, I'd like to ask everyone (and especially the few of you who I've already contacted via PMs as well) to drop those petty accusations - above you see what they look like to an outsider - and stay on topic. If you're concerned about trolling, feel free to send reports my way, but don't revert to attempted self-moderation - it doesn't work in the current forum climate. Thanks.
Post edited March 09, 2017 by fables22
fables22: Don't forget to also remove the beam out of your own eye, figuratively speaking.
Kleetus: Is that a Polish expression, never heard it before and have no idea what that means?

I wish I had optical beams, I would be a superhero.

SuperKleetus.

Look, up in the sky.

It's a bird, it's a plane, no it's SuperKleetus.
I wouldn't know, my Polish pretty bad. I mean, pretty much non-existent.

But it means to look at how you behave and fix that too, while asking others to do the same thing. If that makes more sense.
Post edited March 09, 2017 by fables22
Shadowstalker16: Almost the weekend. Can we still expect new rules in the next 3 days?
If they're returned from translations by lunchtime today, ie. in about 3hrs, they'll likely go up in the afternoon (ie. in roughly 8hrs). If we don't have the translations today, it'll be early next week.
fables22: If they're returned from translations by lunchtime today, ie. in about 3hrs, they'll likely go up in the afternoon (ie. in roughly 8hrs). If we don't have the translations today, it'll be early next week.
Tauto: I'll bet there is one or two here that you would like to slap around the head with the rule book.I'll also lay odds on that I'll be the first cab off the rank.
Well, you're already not the first - sorry to disappoint.
Shadowstalker16: Almost the weekend. Can we still expect new rules in the next 3 days?
The new rules are up here - https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct. I've updated the OP as well but thought I'd drop the link here as well for better visibility. I'm aware that, on certain sized monitors, there might be a few formatting issues, but I don't think that's too much of a problem - I believe the document is readable just find as it is.

Please note that, while constructive feedback is always welcome, there won't be any updates or changes to the rules in the near future. I believe it's best if we test them out as they are and, in a couple months' time, we can perhaps evaluate the situation and see how it works for us. Thanks for your co-operation!
Breja: I'm happy to see new rules up, and hope things will be kept civil from now on, and the place will feel the way it used to, at least as much as possible.

HOWEVER:

Maxvorstadt: At first glance, the rules bother me a bit, especially the thing about derailing. Derailing is an essential part of the GoG culture, it shouldn`t be forbidden!!!
Breja: Yeah, that's the only thing I sort of have a problem with. I mean, I get why the rule exists, but I hope it will be enforced withsome leeway and understanding. By that I mean- ifsomeone intentionally repeatedly tries to derail a thread just to be a troll, he needs to be stopped. But if the conversation naturaly drifts in a new direction and everyone is obviously having a good time with it, there's no harm in that, quite the contrary, it's healthy and good for the community.

Or it can be just some jokes. I mean- I guess this could be seen as being off topic, but it would be a joyless place indeed if that could get one a warning.

But I trust Fables to be reasonable about that stuff.
Yes, this will very much be moderated on a case by case basis.
Maxvorstadt: Oh, and one thing on multiple accounts:
There`s a guy who made funny forum games and for that purpose he made multiple accounts for impersonating fictive characters to add fun to the game.
Would he be banned for such harmless fun?
Most likely not, unless some/many forum users would find it annoying.

I'm signing off but will check back a couple times over the weekend. Please, be nice to each other! :)
Post edited March 10, 2017 by fables22
Telika: How does

WE DO NOT TOLERATE Using a third party’s intellectual property (full or partial scans of articles, books, full transcriptions of articles, etc.) unless you have permission to do so.
Telika: work, given how many discussions about authors, artists, culture or science, do require textual, visual, or audiovisual quotes ?

Has this become intolerable ? What about movie screenshots (we have a whole forum game based on them) ? What about youtube excerpts of movies ?

What is your take on fair use and quotation rights ?
I'll just answer this very briefly - the examples you stated are OK, I would, at this point in time, consider them OK.