It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Djaron: Now that we know we have (new) rules, that they apply retroactively and that failure to reply or comply to moderation's warning will ends up with our user account removed (games licences/ownership included) i have a few questions:
Breja: Yeah, that is not at all what happens. No one is taking away anyones games. It's been stated multiple times that forum ban is not taking away your account, library or ability to buy/download/manage games. You can go back to Defcon 5.
I would agree in the sense that I would have worded it differently. However, I'd also word differently your own clarification. I'd say it's been stated multiple times a member can be banned from the forums without forbidding access to that member's game library or other account features. I think that goes with the support documents better:
Remember that the ability to post on the website is a privilege and not a right. If a user is found ignoring or repeatedly violating the rules stated above and/or the website's Terms of Use, depending upon severity, he/she will lose an adequate amount of reputation points, and:
- be given a warning from a moderator or GOG.com employee, or
- be temporary banned from the GOG.com forums and/or website for a “cooldown period”, or
- be permanently banned from the GOG.com forums and/or website.
Looks like they have left it open-ended. Wouldn't banned from the website mean no access to a member's account, no access to download Galaxy (beta) or any other official downloader for their games? In a sense, that's perfectly reasonable. If GOG were to shutdown, then it would be same circumstance of no further access. Perhaps GOG would give the member a notice to download their games within a period of time, a month or year or some such, and then cut access. (Maybe have one more final review at that time.) Anyway, it's their place and everything downloaded is usable without website access, so it wouldn't seem unreasonable to me.
Post edited March 08, 2017 by thomq

Remember that the ability to post on the website is a privilege and not a right. If a user is found ignoring or repeatedly violating the rules stated above and/or the website's Terms of Use, depending upon severity, he/she will lose an adequate amount of reputation points, and:
- be given a warning from a moderator or GOG.com employee, or
- be temporary banned from the GOG.com forums and/or website for a “cooldown period”, or
- be permanently banned from the GOG.com forums and/or website.
thomq: Looks like they have left it open-ended. Wouldn't banned from the website mean no access to a member's account, no access to download Galaxy (beta) or any other official downloader for their games? In a sense, that's perfectly reasonable. If GOG were to shutdown, then it would be same circumstance of no further access. Perhaps GOG would give the member a notice to download their games within a period of time, a month or year or some such, and then cut access. (Maybe have one more final review at that time.) Anyway, it's their place and everything downloaded is usable without website access, so it wouldn't seem unreasonable to me.
They will likely use the lightest hand necessary to stop the disruptive problematic behaviour, and go from there. If someone is disruptive enough to the forums to get a forum ban and that puts an end to their disruptive behaviour, then it probably would stop there. If someone tried to bypass this by making alt accounts, circumventing other measures or reactively launching something more disruptive to GOG itself, such as flooding support with angry messages about being banned, etc. then perhaps they would respond accordingly to that problem with as heavy or as light of a hand as possible.

One would have to read all of the legalese, but I believe it is more than likely within their terms of service agreement to terminate a customer account if certain conditions set out in the agreement are violated, and that probably includes having an account completely deleted at their discretion. I highly doubt that GOG would take such a strong measure unless they found it was absolutely necessary to protect their website or business against a relentless individual attacking their business in a hostile manner or something.

They'll be posting the new rules soon enough, and will likely clarify anything then.
monic2000: Pain pills availale...
Contact number... 9802243357
Email.............kelvinryankush@gmail.com
Available below.
Hydros Yellows: 10/325-$4.50 each
Hydros Blues 10/500-$3.50 Each
30mg IR ritalin-$3.00 each
20 mg IR ritalin-$2.00 each
10mg IR ritalin-$1.5 each
30mg IR adderall-$3.00 each
20 mg IR adderall-$2.00 each
Percocet 5mg-round white- $3.00 each
Percs 10mg-oblong with name percocet on one side-$6.00 each
Morphine-$11 each
Dilaudid 8mg-$6 each
Dilaudid 4mg-$3 each
Xannies (White and yellow Bars)-$3.00 each
Roxi 30 blues-$9.00 each-sale!!
OC 80's-$15.00 each
Fent pops Atiq 1200mcg-$22.00 each
Fent pops Atiq 1600mcg-$27.00 each
Fent Patches Gel 100mcg-$12 each
vicodin-$3.67each
vals-$6 each.
Contact number... 9802243357
Email.............kelvinryankush@gmail.com
Saving this for prosperity
high rated
Dear monic2000:
Thanks for the email and number! I have three sexy singles looking for love, four offers for virility improvement and penis enlargement, 7 people giving ***FREE*** $500 gift cards that only need to be claimed, and one fantastic loan offer, and you know what? You seem like a really nice guy who could use all of those. I'll be sure to tell them all about you, friend, for your kindness in sharing these fantastic opportunities with us. Enjoy!
Post edited March 09, 2017 by zeogold
zeogold: Dear monic2000:
Thanks for the email and number! I have three women who are sexy singles looking for love, four offers for virility improvement and penis enlargement, 7 people giving ***FREE*** $500 gift cards that only need to be claimed, and one fantastic loan offer, and you know what? You seem like a really nice guy who could use all of those. I'll be sure to tell them all about you, friend, for your kindness in sharing these fantastic opportunities with us. Enjoy!
There is also a Nigerian prince who needs a little help with a bank account, he'll cut you in for half if you help...
thomq: Hmm, coincidentally, it takes four clicks to get to the forum policies information:
At the top of any page: SUPPORT
Then scroll down to: POLICIES AND GENERAL INFO
Then on the lefthand side their is menu: FAQ: Forums and feedback
Then from the list that appears to the right: What are the “house rules” / Code of Conduct for posting on the website?

Though this seems a lot easier to find it now than it used to be some months ago before the Support pages got overhauled.
First step isn't needed. Scroll down on any page and click "Policies" or "Legal" on the footer.
low rated
Thanks for the email and number! I have three women who are sexy singles looking for love, four offers for virility improvement and penis enlargement, 7 people giving ***FREE*** $500 gift cards that only need to be claimed, and one fantastic loan offer, and you know what? You seem like a really nice guy who could use all of those. I'll be sure to tell them all about you, friend, for your kindness in sharing these fantastic opportunities with us. Enjoy!
How is it that you can post this crap but if I did it would be deleted or reported.The biased and victimization in this place is way out of hand.There is no fairness in this place but it's them and us,so let's get them.
thomq: Hmm, coincidentally, it takes four clicks to get to the forum policies information:
At the top of any page: SUPPORT
Then scroll down to: POLICIES AND GENERAL INFO
Then on the lefthand side their is menu: FAQ: Forums and feedback
Then from the list that appears to the right: What are the “house rules” / Code of Conduct for posting on the website?

Though this seems a lot easier to find it now than it used to be some months ago before the Support pages got overhauled.
JMich: First step isn't needed. Scroll down on any page and click "Policies" or "Legal" on the footer.
At the bottom… That would explain why I didn't see it at the top of the forum pages. Now that's only three clicks. Or Just two clicks to get to the forum FAQ before choosing a specific topic about the forums.

Seems to be a lot of quick links down there, but only two links under Community.

I think it'd be nice if the Forums FAQ link was added to the Community column, between the "Forums" and "Community Wishlist" links. Then it'd be only one click to the forum support, then another for a specific topic.

It seems like if the forum policies really do matter, then the "Forums FAQ" ought to be just one click from the forums, not two or three or four. And there's room there without crowding… Otherwise, if information about the forums and its policies doesn't matter, then keeping that out of sight (and out of mind) as it is now is perfect. Alpha Centauri isn't that far away, just gotta know where to look.
Post edited March 08, 2017 by thomq
thomq: Looks like they have left it open-ended. Wouldn't banned from the website mean no access to a member's account, no access to download Galaxy (beta) or any other official downloader for their games? In a sense, that's perfectly reasonable. If GOG were to shutdown, then it would be same circumstance of no further access. Perhaps GOG would give the member a notice to download their games within a period of time, a month or year or some such, and then cut access. (Maybe have one more final review at that time.) Anyway, it's their place and everything downloaded is usable without website access, so it wouldn't seem unreasonable to me.
skeletonbow: They will likely use the lightest hand necessary to stop the disruptive problematic behaviour, and go from there. If someone is disruptive enough to the forums to get a forum ban and that puts an end to their disruptive behaviour, then it probably would stop there. If someone tried to bypass this by making alt accounts, circumventing other measures or reactively launching something more disruptive to GOG itself, such as flooding support with angry messages about being banned, etc. then perhaps they would respond accordingly to that problem with as heavy or as light of a hand as possible.

One would have to read all of the legalese, but I believe it is more than likely within their terms of service agreement to terminate a customer account if certain conditions set out in the agreement are violated, and that probably includes having an account completely deleted at their discretion. I highly doubt that GOG would take such a strong measure unless they found it was absolutely necessary to protect their website or business against a relentless individual attacking their business in a hostile manner or something.

They'll be posting the new rules soon enough, and will likely clarify anything then.
It's basically a hierarchy of bans that broadly follows a certain hierarchy of offences. The new forum rules that'll go up in the next couple days, I hope, go into a bit more detail here, but just to give you an idea - breaking the rules after being warned gets you a 48hr, 1 week, or 2 weeks ban from the forum. If you repeatedly break the rules even after you've been temp banned, you might get banned from the forum permanently. However, we also have the option to suspend a user's account (this is something that did actually happen in not so distant past), or to disable the user's ability purchase games on GOG. However, those two are definitely a last resort kinda thing - so yes, it's basically what you described in your post.

As for the legal side of it - there's a paragraph on account suspension in our existing User Agreement here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212632089-User-Agreement.
Tauto: How is it that you can post this crap but if I did it would be deleted or reported.The biased and victimization in this place is way out of hand.There is no fairness in this place but it's them and us,so let's get them.
How exactly do you know that he's not been given a friendly reminder to edit this and to refrain from posting similar stuff in the future?
Post edited March 08, 2017 by fables22
skeletonbow: <snip>
fables22: It's basically a hierarchy of bans that broadly follows a certain hierarchy of offences. The new forum rules that'll go up in the next couple days, I hope, go into a bit more detail here, but just to give you an idea - breaking the rules after being warned gets you a 48hr, 1 week, or 2 weeks ban from the forum. If you repeatedly break the rules even after you've been temp banned, you might get banned from the forum permanently. However, we also have the option to suspend a user's account (this is something that did actually happen in not so distant past), or to disable the user's ability purchase games on GOG. However, those two are definitely a last resort kinda thing - so yes, it's basically what you described in your post.

As for the legal side of it - there's a paragraph on account suspension in our existing User Agreement here: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/212632089-User-Agreement.
Yeah, that sounds more or less like the type of system I envisioned it would be. Thanks for the link to the ToS also.
low rated
skeletonbow: They will likely use the lightest hand necessary to stop the disruptive problematic behaviour, and go from there. If someone is disruptive enough to the forums to get a forum ban and that puts an end to their disruptive behaviour, then it probably would stop there. If someone tried to bypass this by making alt accounts, circumventing other measures or reactively launching something more disruptive to GOG itself, such as flooding support with angry messages about being banned, etc. then perhaps they would respond accordingly to that problem with as heavy or as light of a hand as possible.

fables22: It's basically a hierarchy of bans that broadly follows a certain hierarchy of offences. The new forum rules that'll go up in the next couple days, I hope, go into a bit more detail here, but just to give you an idea - breaking the rules after being warned gets you a 48hr, 1 week, or 2 weeks ban from the forum. If you repeatedly break the rules even after you've been temp banned, you might get banned from the forum permanently. However, we also have the option to suspend a user's account (this is something that did actually happen in not so distant past), or to disable the user's ability purchase games on GOG. However, those two are definitely a last resort kinda thing - so yes, it's basically what you described in your post.

Tauto: How is it that you can post this crap but if I did it would be deleted or reported.The biased and victimization in this place is way out of hand.There is no fairness in this place but it's them and us,so let's get them.
fables22: How exactly do you know that he's not been given a friendly reminder to edit this and to refrain from posting similar stuff in the future?
Pretty simple really,you were not online when it was posted.

How exactly do you know that he's not been given a friendly reminder to edit this and to refrain from posting similar stuff in the future?
Tauto: Pretty simple really,you were not online when it was posted.
I do sleep, sometimes...I guess. However, I'm not under any deadline or obligation to get in touch with people as soon as their post in question is up. I'm not even under any obligation to deal with it at my earliest convenience - despite the fact that I do try to do so.
low rated
Tauto: Pretty simple really,you were not online when it was posted.
fables22: I do sleep, sometimes...I guess. However, I'm not under any deadline or obligation to get in touch with people as soon as their post in question is up. I'm not even under any obligation to deal with it at my earliest convenience - despite the fact that I do try to do so.
Of course you sleep,so do I and it is completely understandable.You say you want a better forum and yet me,Kleetus and Fonz are the only ones I have seen you speak to.You either go in boots and all and clean up this place and make everyone understand your position on what's okay and what's not.Please don't ignore some user's because they may be considered ''nice'' people and do the fair thing and hit anyone out of line.You will undoubtedly hurt some feelings and some will threaten to leave,okay big deal let them leave as long as it is fair justice after all you are the Judge.
fables22: I do sleep, sometimes...I guess. However, I'm not under any deadline or obligation to get in touch with people as soon as their post in question is up. I'm not even under any obligation to deal with it at my earliest convenience - despite the fact that I do try to do so.
Tauto: Of course you sleep,so do I and it is completely understandable.You say you want a better forum and yet me,Kleetus and Fonz are the only ones I have seen you speak to.You either go in boots and all and clean up this place and make everyone understand your position on what's okay and what's not.Please don't ignore some user's because they may be considered ''nice'' people and do the fair thing and hit anyone out of line.You will undoubtedly hurt some feelings and some will threaten to leave,okay big deal let them leave as long as it is fair justice after all you are the Judge.
That's actually laughable - you have no proof whatsoever of who I've warned and who I've reminded of the forum rules, none at all. To give you an idea - it's roughly 3-5 people a day.
low rated
Tauto: Of course you sleep,so do I and it is completely understandable.You say you want a better forum and yet me,Kleetus and Fonz are the only ones I have seen you speak to.You either go in boots and all and clean up this place and make everyone understand your position on what's okay and what's not.Please don't ignore some user's because they may be considered ''nice'' people and do the fair thing and hit anyone out of line.You will undoubtedly hurt some feelings and some will threaten to leave,okay big deal let them leave as long as it is fair justice after all you are the Judge.
fables22: That's actually laughable - you have no proof whatsoever of who I've warned and who I've reminded of the forum rules, none at all. To give you an idea - it's roughly 3-5 people a day.
Okay,so it's laughable.Now you can have another laugh when I say that's easy to say (3-5 people a day).